Quantcast Best Resort for 5 people

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Resort for 5 people

We will be at Disneyworld in the spring. The first 4 nights, we will have 4 people in our party, on nights 5 & 6, we will be 5 people. What do you think is the best resort for 5 people w/ 2 of those being teenagers 2 adults and one kid?

I think that we will have to book 2 separate reservations....one for 4 nights for 4 people and one for 2 nights for 5 people. We have never resort hopped before, but I guess it may be an option for this trip.

We normally stay at Wilderness Lodge and love it. Have stayed at Pop Century 2ce and hated it the last time. Never stayed at a moderate.

Thanks for any info.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Opus X Guest

I sent you a P.M. ...:
    No worries. Just book one ressie.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best kept secrets for groups of 5 at WDW is Port Orleans Riverside. The rooms in the Alligator Bayou have 2 queen beds and a trundle bed. The trundle bed is small, but it will work for most kids under 12 or so.

As far as I know, it is the only moderate that allows for parties of 5.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

We stay with 5 all the time. You have a lot of options. It depends on how much you want to spend, how hard will it be sharing one bathroom, how big does the room need to be for you to not feel cramped and where do you want to be.

Most of the deluxe resorts sleep 5 except Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge.
    The deluxes that allow 5 have 2 queen beds and a day bed. The rooms are larger but they only have 1 bath room.

AKL has 1 bedroom villas that sleep 5 plus have the benefit of two bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer and dryer and they are huge. Bay Lake Tower also allows 5 in a one bedroom (and Old Key West I think). Renting DVC points can be a great option. Unless something has changed at Wilderness Lodge you would need to go to a 2 bedroom villa to sleep 5.

Wilderness Lodge does have a Deluxe Club level room that will sleep 6.

The cabins at Fort Wilderness sleep 6 and also have the full kitchen but the main bed is a full. The other beds are a full size pull out and 2 twin bunks.

Art of Animation sleeps 6. Beds are queen, full pull out and full pull down. It has a 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. There are also suites at one of the All Stars.

As mentioned before POR is the only moderate that sleeps 5 but I think it would be cramped with 2 teenagers and 2 adults.

Your final options would be to book two standard rooms. That would give you two bathrooms.

Personally I like a little more room so in your situation, I would most likely do the one bedroom villa or two standard rooms.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the contemporary a few weeks ago with 5 adults plus a 2 year old. We were lucky enough to get a first floor with a balcony in the garden wing. There was plenty of room.
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to book two rooms your choices are pretty much limitless.

How is everyone with bed sharing? Can the teenagers share? Even in a one bedroom villa there are only usually only one bed and a pullout coach. Some of them have an additional chair that turns into a bed.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa with three adults and two kids and the one bathroom was sort of a pain.With that many adults and teenagers I would want two bathrooms or getting ready in the morning will take some major scheduling. You might want to get a two bedroom villa but that is more expensive than two rooms at a moderate.

My favorite moderate is POR but CBR has a nice pool. The one thing I don't like about CBR is the size of the resort. We stayed there once and our room was quite a hike to the main areas.

Another option is a Fort Wilderness cabin. There are four seperate beds. One full sized bed, a set of bunkbeds and a Murphy bed.

I would use a Magical Journeys travel agent. They can help you with the booking. I am not always a fan of all of this websites sponsors but Magical Journeys is really helpful.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    One of the best kept secrets for groups of 5 at WDW is Port Orleans Riverside. The rooms in the Alligator Bayou have 2 queen beds and a trundle bed. The trundle bed is small, but it will work for most kids under 12 or so.

We did this. There were 3 adults and 2 kids age 6 at the time. The Bayou was great and we all had enough room. I guess the most to consider is how much time will you spend in the room? We were comfortable and enjoyed the room.

It's a normal two queen bedroom and the trundle slid out from underneath one of the beds. It was close to the door.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post

Agreed...heck I know a lot of adults all curled up on that trundle bed for a nice night sleep...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Agreed...heck I know a lot of adults all curled up on that trundle bed for a nice night sleep...
    Present! But being 5'4" I didn't have to do much curling up.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: