Quantcast Glow With The Show Ears Coming to WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow With The Show Ears Coming to WDW

From the Disney Parks Blog:

We’re excited to announce today that the interactive, color-changing “Glow with the Show” Ears introduced at Disneyland Resort last summer are coming to the Walt Disney World Resort – beginning on October 15.

The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”

As Erin has shared with Disney Parks Blog readers, “Glow with the Show” Ear Hats employ leading edge technology to light up and synchronize with each entertainment experience in amazing and dazzling new ways, making members of the audience an integral part of the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I wonder how much they will cost?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Christine asked a great question up in the Theme Park forum that I will bring down here. Opinions are very strong regarding these ears. What's yours?

Personally, I've never been a fan and thankfully it wasn't an issue for me when I saw World of Color at California Adventure. From a long or overhead perspective, it may be cool if EVERYONE had them on, but that's just not realistic.

I just read someone's comment on Twitter that this will now just add to the list of sight obstructions, such as iPad photography/recording (STOPITNOW!), children on shoulders, lightsabers, etc. and I have to agree.

ETA: I do think it fits with Osborne Lights, but the others I'm just not convinced.

Post Thanks / Like

I love some of the hashtags I'm seeing as well - #GlowwiththeMoney #GlowAway #GlowHome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Cool. I wonder how much they will cost?
    I think they are around $25 at Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Photographing nightmare! My pics in Disneyland got "blown out" by the very nearby flashing coming between me and the show. I'm giving this two big
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think about them being an obstruction to viewing the shows, that's a good point. They are cool looking, I could see doing it for a one time event or maybe even Osbourne lights and then if Disney was passing them around to try out and not something you have to purchase.
    If you can't afford to buy everyone in your party $25 ears you're kind of left out aren't you. Sounds like another money making idea

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Well people who are familiar with Disneyland are saying these hats are collecting dust on the shelves, that only the crowd control CMs and usher CMs wear them...

Guess they proved to be such a failure at DL they needed to bring them to WDW...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Photographing nightmare! My pics in Disneyland got "blown out" by the very nearby flashing coming between me and the show. I'm giving this two big
    I agree! I see a potential 'take it or leave it' for our next podcast.

I didn't think about them being an obstruction to viewing the shows, that's a good point. They are cool looking, I could see doing it for a one time event or maybe even Osbourne lights and then if Disney was passing them around to try out and not something you have to purchase.
    It may be totally different in Florida, but I didn't see that they were that popular in California. I definitely wouldn't feel left out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Well people who are familiar with Disneyland are saying these hats are collecting dust on the shelves, that only the crowd control CMs and usher CMs wear them...

Guess they proved to be such a failure at DL they needed to bring them to WDW...
    We were replying at the same time. This is exactly what I've experienced. We all know that the Florida and California crowds are very different though, so we shall see how it shakes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We were replying at the same time. This is exactly what I've experienced. We all know that the Florida and California crowds are very different though, so we shall see how it shakes out.
    Two different crowds for sure... I can see it playing out like DL... A strong start, but a quick fizzle... (was it even a strong start out there for these things?)

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Two different crowds for sure... I can see it playing out like DL... A strong start, but a quick fizzle... (was it even a strong start out there for these things?)
    The only time I actually saw cool photos and great participation was when they GAVE THE EARS AWAY right at the beginning.

Like I said, after I thought about it, I think it could be a great addition to the Osborne Lights. I even think Illuminations could benefit, being that there usually isn't a huge stack up of people at the railing (thus, not a lot of folks being obstructed). But alas, Illuminations is not in the plans right now. How cool would it be to look across World Showcase and see the ears lighting up in sync to the music? Hey, something to do in that 5 minute lull getting the globe out in the center!

Post Thanks / Like

I need to come down on the side of not in favor. Remember the pins they used to sell that interacted with rides by lighting up??
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melanie View Post
    i agree! I see a potential 'take it or leave it' for our next podcast. !

INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I need to come down on the side of not in favor. Remember the pins they used to sell that interacted with rides by lighting up??
    I do, Linda! I may still have a few. IMO, those weren't nearly annoying as the potential these ears have. Did you think so?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Like I said, after I thought about it, I think it could be a great addition to the Osborne Lights. I even think Illuminations could benefit, being that there usually isn't a huge stack up of people at the railing (thus, not a lot of folks being obstructed). But alas, Illuminations is not in the plans right now. How cool would it be to look across World Showcase and see the ears lighting up in sync to the music? Hey, something to do in that 5 minute lull getting the globe out in the center!
    I'm sure they are working on details right now to incorporate these glow ears into Illuminations... They would actually fit in with the show.. I can see them being less of a distraction with Illuminations since everyone is pretty much spread out around the lagoon, rather than cramped up in an area or bunched together on Main Street...

Post Thanks / Like

I find all of the glowing junk that they sell to be a distraction at Fantasmic, the nighttime parade, and on the bus ride home as well. It's not so much of an issue at Wishes and Illuminations where I'm looking up rather than over a crowd. That said, it might not be so bad if they are actually synchronized to work with the show that you're watching. And I do think they're cute otherwise.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We have the glow ears. I don't think it is worth the $25.00 ($24.99 + tax). They are top heavy and hard to stay on Jessica's head. The strap needs to be adjusted or tied tighter to somewhat stay on. The first ears something went wrong and they wouldn't light up. A CM was nice enought to exchange it without a recipt.

At Disneyland it works with the World of Color, Fantasmic and not sure if they programed it for the fireworks.

They are cool in the fact that they change colors and glow. I can think of other ways to spend the $$$ on
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention, the battery pack is in the hat. That is why it is top heavy.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're potentially obnoxious. Pretty sure they would annoy me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: