Quantcast Magic Bands? Fastpasses? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, I think a lot of people have the same concerns as you, and they are valid concerns... However, if my feelings are right, I think I can hopefully remove some of the concerns with the meet and greet FP+...

Let's say Mickey meets in Character Spot in Epcot... One show room will be for those who do not have FP+ options, one show room will be for those with FP+... Why split them? Well, the FP+ people will have a Mickey who knows your child's name already due to the magic band... Mickey will greet your child by name (which, sorry, I find creepy not magical)... The people without FP will not get the talking Mickey, or if they do, he will not be greeting by name...

Imagine Mickey saying, "Hello Little Johnny, how are you today?" Then not knowing the next child's name.... The second child may get upset cause Mickey knew Johnny but not Jimmy... Then you get irate parents, complaints to guest services, freebies handed out, and unhappy guests...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Imagine Mickey saying, "Hello Little Johnny, how are you today?" Then not knowing the next child's name.... The second child may get upset cause Mickey knew Johnny but not Jimmy... Then you get irate parents, complaints to guest services, freebies handed out, and unhappy guests...
    Never thought of that.
    Sorry I wasn't too clear but I was referring to more unique characters you don't see everyday. I would hope they wouldn't even consider that since it's very "un-magical" but that fact that it was mentioned in rumors bothers me.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Centurion View Post
    A few things I don't like about MM+ if they remain the same after testing.
    1. Only 3 FP's per day
    2. All FP's for that day must be from same park. This hurts those who park hop.
    3. Possible longer stand-by wait times for attractions that never had/needed FP
    4. More loss of spontaneity

I'm also concerned that they may implement a tiered system where deluxe guests will get more FP choices than value guests.
    I've heard about possible FP+ only experiences where for example there will be specific character m&g that are only available if reserved through the system. Can you imagine telling a child they can't meet a certain character because it's only for "privileged" guests.

But since we're still not 100% sure what the final outcome will be, I'll reserve my opinion until then.
    We were told bya CM that once you go past your FP+ time that you can reserve more FP+, however when we tried it we were given no options at other attractions

I did not like the 1 park rule
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    We were told bya CM that once you go past your FP+ time that you can reserve more FP+, however when we tried it we were given no options at other attractions

I did not like the 1 park rule
    I think the CM gave you bad info... It is 3 for one park, no more, no less... The only thing you can do is change the ride or time, providing any more FP are available day of...

People are still able to use the FP+ and original FP system during testing, but that won't be the case once this is live... It will be one or the other, not both...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the CM gave you bad info... It is 3 for one park, no more, no less... The only thing you can do is change the ride or time, providing any more FP are available day of...

People are still able to use the FP+ and original FP system during testing, but that won't be the case once this is live... It will be one or the other, not both...
    Do you know if they are collecting info during testing? I'd like to share my opinions with Disney (if it matters).
    We had many more app issues than we did magic band issues when we used them
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Mickey will greet your child by name (which, sorry, I find creepy not magical)... The people without FP will not get the talking Mickey, or if they do, he will not be greeting by name...
    Um...yeah....Sign me up for the line where Mickey doesn't address guests by name. I can live with change most of the time, but I'm not sure this is one I personally would like to see. I don't know if many share my opinion on this or not, but I never met Mickey or Minnie (or the other non-talking characters) before and thought "Gee, I wish they could talk." But, as with all else, maybe it's something I have to experience one time before completely closing my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

All right, so let me ask another question...

We will be there in the first half of oct (Columbus day weekend). you say currently you can get 3 FP+ passes. no more. Can you still get regular FP's ? if they are available?

one more thing... out of curiosity how do you know so much on the subject? When answering questions for DW I like to know my source material

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    Do you know if they are collecting info during testing? I'd like to share my opinions with Disney (if it matters).
    We had many more app issues than we did magic band issues when we used them
    Yes, they still are collecting info from "testers".. But also from guests complaining at Guest Services...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKim22 View Post
    Um...yeah....Sign me up for the line where Mickey doesn't address guests by name. I can live with change most of the time, but I'm not sure this is one I personally would like to see. I don't know if many share my opinion on this or not, but I never met Mickey or Minnie (or the other non-talking characters) before and thought "Gee, I wish they could talk." But, as with all else, maybe it's something I have to experience one time before completely closing my mind.
    Don't get me wrong... I think the talking characters are a cool piece of technology... But I don't see how or why Mickey should know my name... He isn't Santa Claus... he isn't magical.. he is Mickey Mouse, an animated animal... I find that strange and a bit creepy... But it isn't about me... I'm sure a 6 year old will be thrilled that Mickey knows his/her name...

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    All right, so let me ask another question...

We will be there in the first half of oct (Columbus day weekend). you say currently you can get 3 FP+ passes. no more. Can you still get regular FP's ? if they are available?

one more thing... out of curiosity how do you know so much on the subject? When answering questions for DW I like to know my source material
    During the testing, people were able to use the 3 FP+ options (some had received a 4th in MK) as well as the original, regular FP... So many people were truly taking huge advantage of the complete FP system... Providing management does not stop this, then you should be able to do the same time... I suspect this will be the case right up to official roll out... At that point, once you opt in for FP+, then you won't be able to use the current, original FP system...

As far as knowing the info, I read other sites where people are posting their experiences and knowledge of the system and how this will be used, I have a few friends who are training on the system and how it will (or is supposed to) work... And I talk to some other people who have contacts/friends on the inside... But before I post something as fact, I verify the info first... And if I don't know something, I try to get the answer to it before sharing the info...

Post Thanks / Like

...As far as knowing the info, I read other sites where people are posting their experiences and knowledge of the system and how this will be used, I have a few friends who are training on the system and how it will (or is supposed to) work... And I talk to some other people who have contacts/friends on the inside... But before I post something as fact, I verify the info first... And if I don't know something, I try to get the answer to it before sharing the info...
    thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    thanks again.
    You are welcome...

Oh and to piggy back what Jared stated in the other thread, so customizing your bands and selecting FP+ options on the MDE website was painless... Very easy...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: