Quantcast best quick service in US and IOA

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default best quick service in US and IOA

I am wondering what are the best places to eat in the Universal parks. I have heard the food is not that great so would like to choose the best quick services in the parks for lunch. Would also love to know what are best, nicer restaurants for dinner. I assume these might be in the resorts? Is there real food in Wizarding Wof HP? or just butter beer?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Real food at the three broomsticks in HPland. Breakfast and lunch/dinner. Cafeteria type style, but well done and seating is controlled. No eating your own food in there. Never had counter service...did eat at Methous (sp) in the Park, rave reviews, but we were not impressed with food or service. It's close to HP land.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    I am wondering what are the best places to eat in the Universal parks. I have heard the food is not that great so would like to choose the best quick services in the parks for lunch. Would also love to know what are best, nicer restaurants for dinner. I assume these might be in the resorts? Is there real food in Wizarding Wof HP? or just butter beer?
    I have to strongly disagree about the food not being that great at the Universal parks. This was talked about recently so I will try to find the thread and link it for you.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=199073

You started it. lol

And here is another one.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=196243
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Hmm...I will have to try three broomsticks in IOA, but not sure which is best in Universal Studios. Any thoughts about best dinner dining? Table Service, but not in Parks?

Also, do we need reservations?
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely have lunch at Three Broomsticks in IOA. It's some of the best theme park fast food we've had. The chicken and ribs combo is excellent and a ton of food.

One of our favorite dinner locations at Universal is Bubba Gump' s at City Walk. However, we had an amazing dinner at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel in Feb.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Three Broomsticks for counter service for sure... Mythos for sit down.... Both in IOA obviously... Finnnegan's I hear is very good in Universal...

On CityWalk, Margaritaville... Reservations are suggested... Universal books 30 days in advance, unless that has changed now.. But Open Table takes Universal dining 60 days or so out...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Outside of the Parks...my vote is Pastamore in City Walk. As far as the hotels go..we have eaten at a lot of their restaurants and bars. They have all been very good.

Oh and don't try to go to Margaritaville without a reservation. We always have reservations and still end up waiting a little while to be seated. People without wait a very long time.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Oh and don't try to go to Margaritaville without a reservation. We always have reservations and still end up waiting a little while to be seated. People without wait a very long time.

I can attest to that... They allowed me to walk up, but I had to wait a long time... Reservations are seated first... I walked away.. Then in 2011, I booked through Open Table outside of the 30 day Universal window... Worked perfectly! I will use Open Table again...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Finnnegan's I hear is very good in Universal...

We ate there a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was very good. It was not busy at all when we went.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Outside of the Parks...my vote is Pastamore in City Walk. As far as the hotels go..we have eaten at a lot of their restaurants and bars. They have all been very good.

I guess because we eat at the Margaritaville in New Orleans once or twice a year it's not a place we tend to eat at on vacation. Is it really that popular in Universal? I had no idea, and I definitely wouldn't have thought about making a reservation there.

We have never had reservations at Bubba Gump, or even The Kitchen. Our wait at BG was less then 30 minutes each time, and I don't think we waited at The Kitchen at all.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We like 3 broomsticks and the new food court in Springfield!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    We like 3 broomsticks and the new food court in Springfield!
    I think I may be trying the food court in October... And if not, than at least Moe's.. Gotta have a Flaming Moe.. And a Duff Beer..

Post Thanks / Like

The food is good! Try it! And get the Lard Boy donut for dessert- too funny!
    The Duff beer is DELICIOUS! Same brewery as HP area.
    I didn't care for the Flaming Moe- too orange / alka seltzer for me, but DH liked it
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I guess because we eat at the Margaritaville in New Orleans once or twice a year it's not a place we tend to eat at on vacation. Is it really that popular in Universal? I had no idea, and I definitely wouldn't have thought about making a reservation there.

I think the food there is OK, but we go for the party atmosphere. Not sure if they do this at every Margaritaville, I have only been to the Universal restaurant, but when the Volcano goes off a lot of singing, dancing and craziness ensues, just a lot of fun!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We eat on the patio at margaritaville. No long waits, still live music, but a little quieter and great views
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to go to Springfield now! Flaming Moe and Duff Beer here we come!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed the Three Broomsticks at IOA and Louie's Italian Restaurant at US.

I didn't care for Margaritaville. I have eaten at the one at home in Biloxi & in New Orleans many times & the one at City Walk and the food isn't that good to me. The atmosphere is great though.
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your tips. Just had two counterservice meals at Universal. It seemed that many of the "different" restaurants in the parks had very similar food.

IOA: We were not really impressed with Three Broomsticks. Butterbeer was good, but chicken and ribs were pretty tasteless. The chicken seemed as if it were boiled and had no flavor. The potato leeks soup was also flavorless. Universal Studios: We dined in Springfield in the Krusty Burger area. The burgers were dry and the cheese was an icky melted good. There was not much flavor. My son had the basket of bait fried fish platter. It was okay. We also had donuts at the Lard Boy donut area. They were good. Based on these two experiences and observations of other peoples' food through out the days I give WDW a definite win for better park food!

Emeril's restaurant at the Royal Pacific resort was fantastic, however!!
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We ate here in August and ejoyed it also. I loved the Royal Pacific, can't wait to try the Portofino or HardRock next.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your tips. Just had two counterservice meals at Universal. It seemed that many of the "different" restaurants in the parks had very similar food.

IOA: We were not really impressed with Three Broomsticks. Butterbeer was good, but chicken and ribs were pretty tasteless. The chicken seemed as if it were boiled and had no flavor. The potato leeks soup was also flavorless. Universal Studios: We dined in Springfield in the Krusty Burger area. The burgers were dry and the cheese was an icky melted good. There was not much flavor. My son had the basket of bait fried fish platter. It was okay. We also had donuts at the Lard Boy donut area. They were good. Based on these two experiences and observations of other peoples' food through out the days I give WDW a definite win for better park food!

Sorry you didn't like any of your food at Universal. I have never had the experience of disliking every meal I have had there. I personally like the food at Universal as much as Disney's food but I guess everyone is different. I do feel they offer a wider variety to most of Disney's counter service.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: