Quantcast 2 yr old items to pack

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 yr old items to pack

Other than the basics clothes diapers medicine. What items dont i want to forget for my two year old for the plane for the parks the waterparks or the hotel room.
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My philosophy was to pack as little as possible and travel light. I would bring whatever your two year old needs in an ordinary day. The first year we traveled with my son (11 months) we brought everything but the kitchen sink. 99% of the stuff never came out of the luggage. After that we packed the bare essentials. Having to lug more stuff thatn you really need creates stress and slows you down.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

When my son was little I would take small snacks (cereal, Goldfish, etc) and disposable containers whenever we travelled. My son was more of a "grazer" at that age so this way we could keep him satisfied between meals. We also take him a small Thermos bottle with a straw. Other than those things, we didn't bring a lot of extra things for him. Having a lot of stuff in the diaper bag can really slow you down at security check ins.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Ziploc bags. Put an entire extra outfit in it; squish out the extra air; take it to the park. If/when little one gets dirty or wet, you have the outfit to change them into, and the bag to put the soiled or wet clothes in.
    Something to keep them busy while waiting in line. You can get those rings that interlock (often sold in the baby area of retail stores), and attach it to the stroller, to keep from losing it.
    Extra pacifiers (if still used). You're guaranteed to lose one, or more, in the parks.
    Sippy cups/straws. We buy the disposable sippies, so if they get lost, we don't have to worry about it.

One other piece of advice, if you choose to use it. We put diapers/wipes in a gallon Ziploc bag and put them in the bottom of the stroller for the day. That way, we can take the valuables (in the backpack) on the rides with us, and not have to carry the bulk or weight of the diapers/wipes all day.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Place to Sleep

MY two year old was too big for a pack and play and too small for a bed (also she thrashes right off the bed when she sleeps)

So we always packed a small inflatable pool boat and a small pump. We blew it up and covered it with sheets and it is a soft comfy bed on the floor beside our bed. She loved it.
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

2014 - AoA
    2013 - AKV Kidani
    2012 - AoA
    2011 - ASM
    2010 - BLT
    2009 - OKW
    2008 - ASM
    2007 - Pop
    1986 - FW
    1985 - FW
    1984 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Im bringing the toddler blow up bed i got at toys r us by the shrunks or something. He used it on our vac last month n loved it
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

we always took infant tylenol and ear drops. Our little one seemed to always be prone to getting sick mid-week, just from the over stimulation. It's like $15 to buy childrens tylenol at the resort.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

If they'll be riding in a stroller a clip on stroller fan. You can buy one down there, but I think they are about $15-$25. I forgot ours and was wishing we had it the whole trip. We also brought a few of his favorite toys to play with in the room, and a couple of books. Snacks like goldfish, raisins, etc were great to have on hand as well. The other thing that drove me nuts while we were there was the bag we had brought with us. It was one of those drawstring backpack bags that's just one big cavity. All week long things kept getting lost in there, and I hated not being able to separate things out, so a bag with dividers/pockets was great.

Have a great trip!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: