Quantcast Calling Wilderness Lodge Experts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calling Wilderness Lodge Experts

So, I've decided that we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for our next trip. Which room/room type should I request?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time I was there I thought the rooms at the very end of the hallways with straight-on views of the lake seemed nice. They're numbered 3166,3167,3168,3169 for the third floor.

Post Thanks / Like

We have enjoyed all our views at WL, for different reasons.

We used to only book courtyard view. We love this view of the waterfall, pool area, and the nightly electric water parade. We have watched that parade from our balcony many times!

We have also booked woods view a few times, and found those rooms to be very quiet. We looked out over a little pond, toward MK. We could often see the monorail in the distance, and sometimes some of the fireworks from MK. Some mornings we would hear the train whistle from MK, and the boats coming and going, when we were out on our balcony.

We have also booked standard view. While these rooms have never offered a great view from our balcony we have been lucky enough to be right off the lobby. Instead of enjoying the balcony view we enjoyed the lobby view, and the surrounding hidden seating areas on the 4th and 5th floors. Even tho these rooms off the lobby offer probably some of the worst views from the balconies, we have probably enjoyed this location the most. Only problem is you might not get a "lobby" room. There has always been something very special about walking out our room late at night, once the lodge has settled down, finding a rocker just outside our door, and just sitting and rocking, listening to the quietness of the lodge and the lodge music in the back ground. We have ended many nights in Disney this way!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Need to be careful with the Woods view rooms. We booked that last trip, and the branches were practically hanging on the railing. And the bugs.....
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that didn't make it any easier. Buzznwoodysmom made them all sound like heaven. :P

Post Thanks / Like

I always book the cheapest available option. All the rooms at WL are in a good location. The view isn't all that different between Standard and Woods view and Courtyard view is a toss up as to which Courtyard you will be looking upon. I just request an upper floor (5 or 6).
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I always book the cheapest available option. All the rooms at WL are in a good location. The view isn't all that different between Standard and Woods view and Courtyard view is a toss up as to which Courtyard you will be looking upon. I just request an upper floor (5 or 6).
    Good advise!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, that didn't make it any easier. Buzznwoodysmom made them all sound like heaven. :P
    Sorry! I was not much help. I love WL, and have been lucky enough to always find something we loved about all our room locations. We did have one issue on a trip. We had a woods view room on the 6th floor and had an enclosed balcony. We hated it and asked if we could be moved. The balcony felt like a dark box, and we knew we wouldn't enjoy sitting out on it. They ended up upgrading us to one of our favorite courtyard locations.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have had extremely different views between standard and woods. One of our standard views looked directly at a large portion of green roof. The roof was elevated directly in front of our room and pretty much all we could see was the green roof. Thankfully we had an amazing view of the lobby outside the door. I have never had this particular view, but have read about some rooms that overlook the service area, where the view is of the garbage and loading dock.

Also I wouldn't request 6th floor. Those enclosed balconies are the worst. I guess if you don't spend any time on the balcony then it's not an issue, but DH and I enjoy morning coffee on the balcony. If we were to sit in the chairs to enjoy our coffee we would be staring at a wooden wall, you can't see out of those balconies from a seated position.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the standard service view" and it wasn't bad. You will still see trees when you look straight out. We just had an enclosed balcony on the 6th floor ad it didn't bother us at all. I actually preferred it to the open type. More privacy.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Any room at the lodge is awesome. I usually ask for a standard room on the villa side. Quiet and sometimes we can see the villa pool.It is close to busses and the walk way to the boats.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in each (in the beginning) but now go 4th floor, inner courtyard, boat ramp side. We did not like the closed balcony (although yes it is definitely private) as kids could not enjoy views - moved down that trip.

This gives us good view of the pool as well and I can throw the "get up here" signal down at the oldest when necessary
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Opus X Guest

Yep. The view thing at W.L. is pretty much all good. No need to pay more.
    We too, book the cheapest room there....
    We love the pool at W.L.!

Post Thanks / Like

Does club level give you the same views?

I think I may be leaning towards the woods view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Yep. The view thing at W.L. is pretty much all good. No need to pay more.
    We too, book the cheapest room there....
    We love the pool at W.L.!
    Us too...view really doesn't matter
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Last time at WL was my first time on CL which I liked..had a view of monorail and some fireworks. Previous times ive had views of woods and pool. my worst was a view of the smokehouse. Ive never had a room opening to the lobby.
    I would probably recommend a higher floor, just in case you get a woods view.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

As high as you can , without getting the exact top, because the top balcomies are not as good. - If you get a water view, you can see the Electrical parade.But you could hear boat horns in the AM. You just dont want anything that faces a parking lot. I do agree the pool section can be noisy at times, but it isnt as bad as other resorts.

Same goes for the Villas- water view is best. But stay away from the pool-

Best WL hint- sign up for the flag raising ceremony- its terrific.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post

Best WL hint- sign up for the flag raising ceremony- its terrific.
    This is why I want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. My son got out of the Navy, and I think it would be awesome to do this with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay - maybe I have a different perspective than some who have posted on this topic, but I believe there is a HUGE difference in the view based on location and if you have committed to spending the money to stay at a deluxe resort then why not spend the extra few dollars for a courtyard vs a woodview?

Not sure if you are wanting a bunk bed room or a standard 2 queen style room, but if you are looking for a bunk bed style room look at my previous post and you will find one specifically on this at the WL it will show them by location (standard, wood, court), floor, with exact room numbers and comments people have made concerning their opinions (likes / dislikes) on each and others have added additional rooms in the thread portion.

My opinion we love the "bear face" rooms which are the rooms on the 4th and 5th floors which open to the main lobby, but look directly down through the inner courtyard. Some say it's too loud, but we've never had a problem with the noise.

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Our first room at WL was overlooking the garbage dumpsters, but I'm telling you, we actually loved that room! We could see fireworks at night and if we were really quiet, we could even hear the Wishes music. We also could see the monorail off in the distance. It was a fun room.

The 2nd room we had was a courtyard view, one floor up from ground level overlooking the outdoor tables outside of Roaring Fork. This was during the Christmas season and people had decorated their balcony railings with Christmas lights. We wished we had thought of that! It was totally festive and fun. Courtyard view was great; we felt like we were part of all the excitement there.

The next two rooms we had there were both ground-level courtyard rooms, on the right side if you're facing the water. Those were also really awesome. We liked being able to step out the back door and be at the pool or at Roaring Fork in no time.

I probably would not be too enthusiastic about a parking lot view, but then again, WL is such a special place that I doubt I'd end up minding very much.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: