Quantcast upgrading passes after first use?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default upgrading passes after first use?

I'm taking extended family to WDW for the first time this fall for the F&W Festival. Everyone in my immediate family already has either an annual pass or a non-expiring hopper ticket to use, but the newbies will need passes. Some of them will be there for 3 days and some for 4 days. We definitely will spend time only in EPCOT the first day, but may opt to park hop on subsequent days. If I can believe what I read in certain places about cost of tickets, would it be less expensive to buy Magic Your Way tickets (without any extra options) online prior to the trip, and then upgrade to the hopper pass on the second day we're there? It seems that maybe the current gate price of the ticket would be applied toward the price of the hopper and each person would pay the difference to upgrade to the hopper, which would be less expensive than buying a hopper ticket for the total number of days to begin with. I'm not trying to "cheat the system" or anything, just make the trip as affordable as possible for my relatives.

I hope this all makes sense, and someone can give me some good advice!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can add it later but if I understand correctly you will have to add it to all the days you already used. But waiting til you know you need it will give you the option to never spend the extra $$$$.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

It's the same price- but if you do it the second day you have one less day to take advantage of hopping.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopping is a straight $59 add-on now a days (not linked to length of ticket). Where the OP can save a few bucks is if the order their ticket from a ticket broker (like our sponsors here) at a discount, the use it, then upgrade. In that scenario, the gate ticket value is applied for the upgrade, thus allowing for a potential savings (on 3-4 day tickets, it would probably be minimal--$3-$10 ticket; it is on longer stay tickets that you can save up to about $25).

Hope all of this makes sense.
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRWDisney View Post
    Hopping is a straight $59 add-on now a days (not linked to length of ticket). Where the OP can save a few bucks is if the order their ticket from a ticket broker (like our sponsors here) at a discount, the use it, then upgrade. In that scenario, the gate ticket value is applied for the upgrade, thus allowing for a potential savings (on 3-4 day tickets, it would probably be minimal--$3-$10 ticket; it is on longer stay tickets that you can save up to about $25).

Hope all of this makes sense.
    While that does save money in some upgrade circumstances, the add-on for the hopper is actually less when you buy it all at once if you're using our sponsor OTC. Their base ticket is less but their add-on for the PH is also a bit less. Even though Disney would give you credit for gate price, the add-on will still cost $59 OOP.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: