Quantcast Disney Visa Rewards Points

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Visa Rewards Points

I have a few questions regarding the Disney Visa and the rewards points.

1) I just booked a Disney trip for 5/14. I paid the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa. Is this no interest for 6 months?

2) The balance is due in March but if I pay partial payments over the next few months are those no interest?

3) I have approximately 70 Disney Rewards dollars. I believe those get loaded to a card and more can be loaded to the same card?

4) How do I use the Reward dollars to get gift certificates? I want to use the gift certificates to pay for food at Disney

Also, I read here I think that if you have a prescription at Target and a red card you can get a higher 10% and then use it to buy Disney gift cards. Is this true? Thanks!
    10/1997 - offsite
    2/2002 - offsite
    3/2009 - offsite
    9/11 - CSR
    5/14 - ASM!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that packages booked and charged to a Disney Rewards card are interest free for six months. I'm not sure how the payments worked as I've never done this but I thought a read someplace that any payments you make are first put on your existing balance on the credit card and then would be applied to your package total but I could be wrong about this. I'm sure someone with more experience in this will be along shortly.

When you are ready to put your points on a card, you order a Disney rewards card from Disney. Pay attention to the expiration date on the card as any points sitting on the card will disappear on the card expiration date.

I'm not sure why you need to go the additional step of purchasing Disney gift cards to pay for your food - just present your Disney Rewards Card at the restaurant - it functions just like a debit card and points will be deducted as you use the card to pay for things like food.

In you last question, I think you are asking about purchasing discounted Disney gift cards? If so, there are some retailers who do carry these. For example, our local BJ's sells Disney gift cards for about 10% less the face value of the card.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I didn't realize the Rewards card could be used like a debit card, can it be used for other things at Disney as well? I will keep an eye on the expiration date. I also didn't realize that BJ's sold Discounted cards! We are members so we will have to check it out.
    10/1997 - offsite
    2/2002 - offsite
    3/2009 - offsite
    9/11 - CSR
    5/14 - ASM!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JessC416 View Post
    Thank you! I didn't realize the Rewards card could be used like a debit card, can it be used for other things at Disney as well? I will keep an eye on the expiration date. I also didn't realize that BJ's sold Discounted cards! We are members so we will have to check it out.
    The Disney Rewards card(s) are just like a debit card -- you can use any amount, up to the available balance, in almost any WDW location (and the Disney Store online)

You can reload the card if you have available points on your Disney Visa account. I believe it has to be in $10 increments, but I am not positive of that.

The Rewards card, and any amount left on it, will expire at the end of the calendar year AFTER the card is ordered. I just received mine for my December 2013 trip and the expiration date is 12/31/2014.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If login to Chase online, go to "show rewards" and then "show rewards details". This will get you to the rewards home. From there you can order a new rewards card which they will mail to you and you can also load it up. You can also do this by calling the toll free cardmember service number on the back of the card.

Like Faline said, rewards you transfer to the card expire with the card, but I'm sure you'll have no problem spending the balance. The card I ordered in January of 2012 doesn't expire until December of this year, so you should have pleanty of time to use it. When you order a card you must load it with a minimum of $10.00. I like to get the minimum and then load it with my full available rewards after I get the card in the mail. I usually call the (800) number while I am at WDW and have them transfer any available balance to my account too. Do it while you're on a bus or something; it takes maybe 5-10 minutes.

I usually give my card at checkout and apply the full balance to the charges I made to my KTTW card. I find that easier than using it at individual places and having to keep track of the balance. But she's right, anywhere you can use a crfedit card at the parks you can pay with the rewards carde too.

I hope that helps.

Have fun!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to your Disney VISA question....the $200 deposit is interest free for 6 months as well as the rest of the package, when you charge it, is interest free for 6 months (two different 6 month periods). Any payments you make will go towards the "non-Disney vacation" amount first and then the interest free part. You're statement each month will show you how much you have charged is on the promotion of 0% and how much is regular. If not paid in full within the 6 months, then interest rates will apply.

Have fun!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

1) I just booked a Disney trip for 5/14. I paid the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa. Is this no interest for 6 months?
    As long as you booked a package and not a room only reservation, this is correct.

2) The balance is due in March but if I pay partial payments over the next few months are those no interest?
    Once again, this is correct provided you've booked a minimum package. Your package is broken out separately than your regular CC charges - it will note non-interest charges, payments applied, etcetera. Kind of hard to explain, but they do track it very nicely.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

You can order the card with your Rewards Dollars on them from Chase. Once you have the card you can add any rewards dollars you earn as long as the card is not expired.

It works just like a debit card so you really don't need to order gift certificates.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I just paid the deposit so it hasn't appeared on my statement yet. It was a room + tickets package so all set on that front too.
    10/1997 - offsite
    2/2002 - offsite
    3/2009 - offsite
    9/11 - CSR
    5/14 - ASM!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default One question about the rewards card

Can you order more than one rewards card or can you only have one active at at time? We are going in Nov and I have been putting the rewards on one card to pay for food while there. Wanted to get a card for each kid too to put some spending money on. (we are getting close to what I expect to pay for food and may not always be together in the parks).
    Thanks!
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of piggybacking off another question here, but can you use reward points/gift cards for gratuity at disney restaurants ?
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Can you order more than one rewards card or can you only have one active at at time? We are going in Nov and I have been putting the rewards on one card to pay for food while there. Wanted to get a card for each kid too to put some spending money on. (we are getting close to what I expect to pay for food and may not always be together in the parks).
    You are issued one active card per account. In your case if you want to give each kid a card, you would then best be served by purchasing gift cards for them.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    You are issued one active card per account. In your case if you want to give each kid a card, you would then best be served by purchasing gift cards for them.
    Can I use the Rewards Card to purchase gift cards--either online or at a Disney Store?
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can transfer your rewards card balance to a gift card at the Disney Store. I do it all the time for guests whose Rewards card is about to expire. Must be a minimum of $5 though.
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    Kind of piggybacking off another question here, but can you use reward points/gift cards for gratuity at disney restaurants ?
    Yes you can
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    You can use the card anywhere on property that will take a credit card.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

How long does it take to get the rewards card?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    How long does it take to get the rewards card?
    Under a week.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You can also get a rewards card from guest services & call & have your points transferred to it. I had to do that during my last trip.
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

thank you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: