Quantcast What happened to summer?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What happened to summer?

Well, it was in the 50s this morning when I left for work! It seems this whole summer has been rain and fog and rain, and rain, and rain. I can't remember a summer that has been this wet! And we only made it out of the 80s for one week, and even then it was low 90s. I'm wondering what happened to "summer". Is anyone else seeing strange/different weather at home?

Also, a local weatherman was saying something about how many foggy mornings you have in August will determine how many snow "events" you have during the winter. Has anyone ever heard of this? I sure hope he's wrong...we have had an unusal amount of foggy mornings this month...today included!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had a decent summer in New England - for the most part. Today is pleasant but lows tonight will dip into the upper 40s in some places - brrrr!!

Never heard that about fog before?!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - Summer was nice in New England this year. Warm, but not hot.

I don't mind weather and its ups and downs. It's when we get a string of the same type for too long, I get bored - be it warm, hot, cold, wet, dry, etc.

And that's why I live in New England! It changes constantly!
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Here to, in my opinion, has been a cool summer. I really like the heat, upper 80's low 90's is perfect for me. We really only had 1 week of mid to upper 90's this whole summer. This morning it was 44, I'm sitting at my desk with my space heater on brrr. 26 days til we're in the Florida heat
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

I wish summer was over here! It is a steamy 86 with 70% humidity in west central Florida today. And if the weather pattern continues I'm sure there will be a down pour this afternoon.

I am looking forward to the 70s but I probably won't see them until October.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Upper 50s in Chicago this morning as well. I don't feel we've had much of a summer. We waited all winter for this? I like a little heat!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

My New England friends seem to be forgetting that long heat wave we had earlier in the summer? It was reportedly quite unpleasant for a little while there. I spent most of it in central AC working, so barely noticed. But that is why I'm wondering what happened to summer. It went by in a blink! Because I was working through so much of it. Now I want it all back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Most people in Southern Ontario are also in an bit of a stink that we "have missed summer".

But, I just got my July hydro bill, and it reflects the week or so when it was so crazy hot that the AC was NEVER off, even at night. Now, I can do without that!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The summer has been good here in NJ. More rain than I would like, but it hasn't slowed me down any.... LOL!!

Summer just goes too fast. I love it so much!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy we have had about a 10 day break from the heat. It has been in the mid to high 90"s for most of the summer plus fairly high humidity. Which for us in Colorado is unusual. The heat is suppose to return on Friday. We would actually take more rain in parts of the state. Other parts are getting flooding storms. I would like a nice gentle rain for a few days. Not likely though

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool this morning in Central NJ with the jet stream giving us cool weather from up north....not your average middle of August weather, but it is bearable as long as it doesn't rain and the kids can play outside.

I can't say the weather this summer has been the worst we have seen, but it could be a bit better. As long as the Hurricanes stay away this year, we are all HAPPY!! Still recovering from Sandy and my parent's house at the shore was lifted and raised and was scheduled for completion by Memorial Day....(NOT)....maybe 4th of July....(NOT).....maybe Labor Day...keeping our fingers crossed.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

It's been pretty stinkin' cold and rainy in Michigan this year. Yesterday, we had to wear sweatshirts the entire SUNNY day and last night it got into the 40s.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, everyone's summer came here.

Yesterday's high in Austin was 103....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I left summer behind in Phoenix Az when I moved to New England 3 weeks ago and don't miss it one bit. I like the constant changing weather and love the rain
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Love, love, love!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if you still want some summertime weather, just come south. We have have those hot humid days until October. Central Florida even longer. August is just the middle of the dog days of summer here in Georgia.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Yeah, if you still want some summertime weather, just come south. We have have those hot humid days until October. Central Florida even longer. August is just the middle of the dog days of summer here in Georgia.
    Until this weekend! I saw that the high in Atlanta was going to be in the 70's at the end of this week. That's crazy.

Here in the Blue Ridge mountains, its usually not as hot as the lower elevations of Virginia, but we at least hit the high 80's. Not this year! We're about 12 inches above average for rainfall, and haven't had a clear sky in months. Today it's in the mid 70's and *perfect*.

I'm hoping that it's a bit more mild than usual in Lake Buena Vista when we head down to the World next week.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Good idea!! We are on our way to Florida next week!! Just stinks since my kids learn to swim this summer but we've hardly been able to use the pool even with a heater. Nobody should have blue lips when they come out of the pool in August

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I wish summer was over here! It is a steamy 86 with 70% humidity in west central Florida today. And if the weather pattern continues I'm sure there will be a down pour this afternoon.

I am looking forward to the 70s but I probably won't see them until October.

I'd love an 86 though!!!! We are in the mid 90s even Into the evening. These past couple of days have been beautiful with a nice breeze. I'm hoping this is an indication of an early fall for us. (And then an early spring for our cruise )
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    My New England friends seem to be forgetting that long heat wave we had earlier in the summer?
    I didn't forget about it at all - love the hot weather - it tells me summer is really here!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: