Quantcast New Fanatasyland not so Fantastic - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gauis2001 View Post
    The guy playing Gaston was really good. His interaction with children and grown-up guests was clever and fun!
    There is one guy playing Gaston that is incredible. Those are the touches that make this new area stand out. I love New Fantasyland and Storybook Circus. The theming is on par with what I saw at Tokyo DisneySea (where theming is second to none) and the new offerings are unique and done well for the targeted audience. I think it will come together quite nicely when the Mine Train opens. Looking forward to seeing it all done. My only gripe is how long it has taken.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree to disagree. To me the Potter-land was very under-whelming. A candy store, a merchandise store, & one attraction? The themeing of new fantasy land seems to be on par & the Ariel attraction was created from fan response to a dark ride simulation on the DVD a few years ago.

I was not impressed by the Belle meet & greet but itis an entertaining way to meet some great characters.

The circus area is 100% better than the lame toontown theme that used to exist there & honestly, the centerpiece is going to be the mine train ride. Can't wait until it opens!

The only things I thought was a waste was the store (so much opportunity, so little to offer) & their drink creation trying to copy universal's .
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gauis2001 View Post
    The guy playing Gaston was really good. His interaction with children and grown-up guests was clever and fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    There is one guy playing Gaston that is incredible. Those are the touches that make this new area stand out. I love New Fantasyland and Storybook Circus. The theming is on par with what I saw at Tokyo DisneySea (where theming is second to none) and the new offerings are unique and done well for the targeted audience. I think it will come together quite nicely when the Mine Train opens. Looking forward to seeing it all done. My only gripe is how long it has taken.

I think we have had this Gaston. My husband had so much fun having a "pose off" with Gaston.

I wasn't expecting a huge ride area, so I was not disappointed by the lack of new rides. My kids are pretty solidly in the demographic (5&7) that the LM ride caters too and they loved it.

For me, add my to the group who loves all the detail and theming. I love that stuff. I can find so many great pictures too take and just enjoy the atmosphere. But I'll be happy when the Mine Train finally opens.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to see the New Fantasyland during MNSSHP last year. We were impressed and my kids loved the Little Mermaid ride. I can't wait to go back and see it again.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I find the New Fantasyland a great addition for the kids. Remember this is for the kids at heart. I was there opening day back in December. It was packed. When the mine ride opens next spring it will be even better...

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the new Fantasyland yet, but we'll be there soon. I really can't wait. This thread has me even more interested in checking it out. My kids are grown and this upcoming trip is for my husband and I only. We haven't "done" Fantasyland for a long time. It was never my favorite part of the parks and, once the kids got older and weren't into A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight, we stopped including it in our list of "must dos" and never looked back. Now, I can't wait to see what they've done! I only wish the mine ride was up and running!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree...All that time and money for basically one new ride...

I totally agree the new Fantasyland is a complete waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbuddy View Post
    I have to agree...All that time and money for basically one new ride...

I totally agree the new Fantasyland is a complete waste.
    I guess my priorities have changed through the years from someone who thinks the area is a 'complete waste'. What has been created in new Fantasyland is definitely immersive and inviting for me. It's not all about the rides, it's about the whole experience. And I don't even have daughters, or in any way fashion myself a Princess. I'll leave that to Beth (MNNHFLTX).

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my priorities have changed through the years from someone who thinks the area is a 'complete waste'. What has been created in new Fantasyland is definitely immersive and inviting for me. It's not all about the rides, it's about the whole experience. And I don't even have daughters, or in any way fashion myself a Princess. I'll leave that to Beth (MNNHFLTX).
    Well except for the daughter thing. I do have one of those and I'm pretty sure she thinks she is a princess. Well, Queen of the World might be more accurate.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Well except for the daughter thing. I do have one of those and I'm pretty sure she thinks she is a princess. Well, Queen of the World might be more accurate.
    But, she's a smart Queen. After all, she loves Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

ditto
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

i cant wait to see it, but i am assuming it is really designed for the really young girls..... that is kind of what i was expecting....

Post Thanks / Like

And I don't even have daughters, or in any way fashion myself a Princess. I'll leave that to Beth (MNNHFLTX).
    Hey, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it (note the Cinderella quote).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miltimo5 View Post
    i cant wait to see it, but i am assuming it is really designed for the really young girls..... that is kind of what i was expecting....
    OH my stars. I'm 42 with 2 sons who love it! We all get starry eyed when we go! I think it's great for all ages!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great that Disney went old school with the New Fantasyland. I love that it's family friendly.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the World yesterday, and spent two days at MK for the kids.

I really liked the New Fantasyland/Storybook Circus area. Thought the theming was top notch, and the Ariel was very well done. It's a B or a C ride, nothing more, which is what was needed. The animatronics on Sebastian were incredible. Dumbo's new play area/queue was perfect, especially since it hit well over 100 degrees on Monday. A/C, and the kids could play.

I don't care about character meet/greets so that didn't bother me at all. The views with the new backdrop is really cool, and once Snow White is finished, it'll really bring the east side of the land together.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Gaston stopped by our table outside as he was passing by. He was a bit of a braggart -- true to form. Funny stuff. Made our meal. Disney rocks!
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this thread there seems to be 2 sides love it or leave it. I will say that after growing up 10 minutes from DL I was on the leave it side with the old WDW fantasyland. It just wasn't as visually appealing as DL. While I haven't seen the new fl what they have done with dumbo sounds great. Doubt if I will ever take pictures with characters but that area sounds nice to. I don't expect an E-ticket from the Dwarf mine train, but it does sound like a fun D-ticket ride. Anyhow I am looking forward to looking around the improved fl, maybe not DL standards yet but it will be nice to see what they have done.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'll never criticize them for building classic-style dark rides. I don't think they do enough of them, actually.
    Word!
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

We thought New Fantasyland was a huge disappointment as well. The outside looks good but the Ariel ride was a huge let down. It is just another one of those with the boring video screens. If you have ridden Nemo, you have pretty much ridden Arial, neither of which ever have a line.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: