Quantcast Allstar Music vs AOA Mermaid

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allstar Music vs AOA Mermaid

I grabbed a good deal for Allstar Music which works out to $80 a night. Now Im looking at AOA Mermaid rooms for $115.
    Pros for me would b AOA location and newer rooms even though they aren't the suites and they were originally built yrs ago w POP. I know they are POP like and Ive walked around the area. I also like the food court at AOA
    any thoughts from recent stays
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the food court, and I'm dying to try out the pool...I had a reservation for Sep, but my wait list came through for BWV..maybe one day soon.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, for that price different, I'd stick with All-Star Movies.

AoA is "neat", lots to look at, but the extra price will quickly add up (at least for me).

I'd stay at ASM, and visit AoA for lunch or dinner.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with All-Star Music, too.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I know she would like AOA but she wants to stay in the suites and those are a lot more. Im going back and forth but I may stick w Allstars and use the money for food etc
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at All Star Music my entire life. If you are concerned with money I would go with ASM. Perhaps a $35 difference doesn't matter to you but keep in mind that $35 will add up over time. Art of Animation has a better food court and offers more choices, like make your own pasta. They also use real utensils, not plastic ones. The pools there are much better. However, if you do go to AoA the Ariel rooms are a long walk from the food court. If you go to ASM there is a chance you may get a closer building to the food court even if it is not a preferred room.
    I personally think you're better off with ASM because the purpose of a room is for sleeping and showering and storing your stuff not to live in it. If you plan on being in the parks all day, not worth the money. But it's your choice, enjoy the trip.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I know she would like AOA but she wants to stay in the suites and those are a lot more. Im going back and forth but I may stick w Allstars and use the money for food etc
    If she wants to stay in the suites, will she be disappointed if you stay there in a regular room?

I'm not sure if I would pay the extra money but if she really wants to stay there it might be worth. I stayed in a mermaid room last fall for two nights simply because I wanted to see the new resort. We also stayed in the suites, but I agree that is not worth it for two people.

I do like the resort and would stay there again but I think it comes down to what is most important for your trip and your budget. If you don't spend a lot of time at the resort, I would go with the cheaper option and just go AOA to look around and use the extra money on something fun.

If it is really important to her to stay there and use the Big Blue Sea pool, then you might want to stay.

Good luck with your decision!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I have stayed at All Star Music my entire life. If you are concerned with money I would go with ASM. Perhaps a $35 difference doesn't matter to you but keep in mind that $35 will add up over time. Art of Animation has a better food court and offers more choices, like make your own pasta. They also use real utensils, not plastic ones. The pools there are much better. However, if you do go to AoA the Ariel rooms are a long walk from the food court. If you go to ASM there is a chance you may get a closer building to the food court even if it is not a preferred room.
    I personally think you're better off with ASM because the purpose of a room is for sleeping and showering and storing your stuff not to live in it. If you plan on being in the parks all day, not worth the money. But it's your choice, enjoy the trip.
    ....I'd have to agree with the above in (bold) ...the Mermaid rooms are A HIKE from the food court ...and the buses. To be able to put extra $$ in your pocket ...for basically the same size / layout room ...is an easy choice for me.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

all true. as I said I have stayed at Allstar, Pop and walked around AOA and ate there.
    the big plus for AOA for me would b newer and closer to Epcot.
    but the $ may outweigh that this time
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed at All Star Music and tried AOA just for a couple nights for the first time last November. We were really wowed by the theme-ing! We stayed in the Little Mermaid section and it was a little bit of a walk. Not bad at all, just long enough that you don't want to have to run back to your room for something. We usually stay in a preferred room at ASMu, so we're used to being close to everything. But, we definitely want to go back to AOA on our next trip! We've always loved our ASMu stays, but our girls were so enchanted with the theme and the Big Blue Pool, that it's going to be a must next trip. I'm half thinking of popping for a suite, but that would really be splurging considering that we do just fine in a regular room. Either way, hope you have a great trip!

Opus X Guest

I am ok with AoA...but All star Music is by far our favorite...Value!!

Post Thanks / Like

ASMu is our favorite value resort, but keep in mind that it is frequently utilized by very large touring groups of teens, from the BGT's to the Pop Warner groups, cheerleaders, soccer teams, and everything in between. If you are a very sound sleeper, you should be OK. Personally, I'd request a room in the very back of the resort, overlooking the parking lots. Not many people hang around the parking lots, and it is quieter back there.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

After having stayed at AoA I don't think it is worth the higher price. I thought the rooms would be a little nicer (better beds etc.) but in the end it was just like any other value. I would spend the money other places.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

yea for the $ id probably do a mod or WL for a few nights.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

We did AoA once and the theming is really neat! Loved it. That being said I probably would not opt to stay there again for just the regular rooms. They cost a little more and over a week that adds up. The Little Mermaid section was really cool but they were a long way from the food and buses. Just to far to run back to room to get something or to run get something to eat or a drink. I love the refillable mugs but I hate carrying them all day in the parks so I usually eat breakfast and run them back to the room. Here we choose to just buy a bottle drink and get a cup of ice and share. The rooms are newer but does not mean you will not have problems. We had 2 rooms and had to have them come work on the air on both rooms and one room the bathroom kept leaking water and soaking the carpet. They never did get that fixed. Did offer to move us but because we had rooms next to each other they could not find two rooms side by side so we stayed. That being said. I am not one that ever complains but neither rooms had air working. They did come very fast and were very nice,
    Scrappy

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: