Quantcast Tell me about rose and crown

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about rose and crown

We've been talking about what restaurants we want to eat at on our next trip and pretty much know all but two we want to do. On one of the meals the choice is Rose N Crown, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill. I really, really have always wanted to eat at Rose N Crown and it seems to get good reviews. My mom can be picky so I was wondering how it is for picky eaters? Something we shouldn't miss food wise, something we should avoid? Any opinions are appreciated.

Also, what time would you need to request an ADR to stay and watch the fireworks? Even if you don't get an outside seat is there a place outside you can go to watch Illuminations if you are dining there? What about the weather at the end of October beginning of November?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They will no longer take requests to be seated on the patio. Even with a dining reservation time a couple of hours before the fireworks, you may not be able to get a patio seat. You can go and view Illuminations if it happens to fall in the middle of your meal.

Late October/early November evenings can be chilly - jeans and sweats. Daytime temps are usually warm enough for shorts though there was a windy and chilly spell at the end of last October which left me wearing jeans even during daytime hours.

We enjoy Rose n Crown. For your picky eater, you should have that person peruse the menu to determine if they could locate something that would be agreeable to them. I often order the fish n chips.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Rose and Crown Menu feature:s

Grilled New York Strip Tenderloin and Fried Fish - with Yorkshire Pudding, Mashed Potatoes, seasonal Vegetables, Cashel blue cheese butter and red wine sauce $30.99

Cottage Pie - Ground beef, onions, carrots and mushrooms, creamy mashed potatoes and cheddar $17.99

Fish and Chips - Beer-battered and served with housemade tartar sauce $18.99

Vegetable Pie 'n' Mash - with seasonal vegetables, mushrooms, potatoes, and cheddar cheese $14.99

Roasted Rack Pork - with Colcannon potatoes, Granny Smith Apple chutney and whole-grain mustard jus $21.99

Rainbow Trout - with green beans, almonds and lemon caper brown butter $18.99

Slow-cooked Chicken Curry - with vegetables, raita, Basmati rice and pappadam $17.99

Grilled New York Strip Steak - with seasonable vegetables, fried onion rings, green beans, mushrooms and red wine sauce $26.99

As you can see they offer steak and fried fish which are basic dishes for picky eaters. I HIGHLY recommend ordering a side dish of "mushy peas" it's like the pea version of mashed potatoes. It is very delicious and something you won't regret trying. As for patio seating, it's all about luck I have been seated there 4/5 times I've been there. Either way the staff is always friendly and the atmosphere is cozy inside if you are not seated outside. I had a great time each time I am there. However as Faline has advised do wear pants and a sweater if you're going in October/November. You may have a higher chance of eating on the patio at this time if it is too cold for other guests, but like I said it's all about luck. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mickey'sGirl; 07-24-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Removed reference as per TOS
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I actually would probably prefer sitting inside as long as there is a place outside we can go to watch. We got covered in ashes once at Illuminations and wouldn't want that in my food or drinks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Personally, I actually would probably prefer sitting inside as long as there is a place outside we can go to watch. We got covered in ashes once at Illuminations and wouldn't want that in my food or drinks
    I understand I have never actually eaten outside during illuminations so I wouldn't know but the food there is too good to be ruined by ashes
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I did get ash in my food once while watching Illuminations from R&C, and even though I'd eaten 1/2 of my meal, they quickly replaced the whole thing. It is one of the things we often talk about when we go back.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I really love Rose and Crown for the atmosphere, especially with Illuminations patio seating, and the service. The people are always so fun to talk to and what a great bunch.

But, I'm not a big fan of the food. I've occasionally had things to rave over (the Bangers and Mash on one visit was especially good and the potato leek soup was excellent, no longer on the menu) but usually the food is mediocre at best for us. I find the food to be much better at Raglan Road, and that wasn't a big hit with your mother, if I am remembering right. So I'm not sure how this will work for you. It's certainly very basic food, nothing to scare you if you're not an adventurer.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I did get ash in my food once while watching Illuminations from R&C, and even though I'd eaten 1/2 of my meal, they quickly replaced the whole thing. It is one of the things we often talk about when we go back.
    wow that's great service

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I really love Rose and Crown for the atmosphere, especially with Illuminations patio seating, and the service. The people are always so fun to talk to and what a great bunch.

But, I'm not a big fan of the food. I've occasionally had things to rave over (the Bangers and Mash on one visit was especially good and the potato leek soup was excellent, no longer on the menu) but usually the food is mediocre at best for us. I find the food to be much better at Raglan Road, and that wasn't a big hit with your mother, if I am remembering right. So I'm not sure how this will work for you. It's certainly very basic food, nothing to scare you if you're not an adventurer.
    You have a great memory. She wasn't crazy about Raglan Road and I thought it was great. Of course we ordered different dishes. I was wondering about the trout on the menu, if it was basically trout almondine? She loves trout almondine. She said I could choose but she made a funny face when I said R&C so I'm trying to sell her on it. We have a long time to think about it just a crazy planner. She does like the fish n chips from the UK counter service too so I'm thinking if its close she'll be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten outside more times than not...always get ash in our food, and the waiters tend to disappear for 30 minutes....service was so poor we've gotten free desserts three times to make up for cold food, poor service. When I take new people, we still eat there for the fireworks, book for 7:45 or later, and luckily have gotten seats inside the last four times....I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but the new Mexico restaurant has beautiful views for fireworks, and they pipe in the music.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed R&C. We got patio seats and we were able to view Illuminations right from there. Front row right up against the railing. As Arielfan98 said, the mushy peas here are great.

Going back to R&C this year too!

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the fish and chips at Rose and Crown. The sticky toffee pudding is what really gets me in the door though!!

I have two picky eaters in my family. I will usually have them look at a menu before I commit to a restaurant. Only they can tell me if it's a place they would like to eat.

Post Thanks / Like

The sticky toffee pudding looks so good

Post Thanks / Like

The sticky toffee pudding looks so good