Quantcast NFL Pro Bowl vs MLB All-Star Game

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default NFL Pro Bowl vs MLB All-Star Game

What would you rather have? The NFL Pro Bowl and no defense, OR the MLB All-Star game where pitching dominates?

I guess I was expecting to see more offense since there is more inter league games going on. Batters have had more of a chance to see the opposite leagues pitchers this season. But the purists will say that good pitching beats good hitting all the time. I'm ok with a 3-0 score but would have thought that there would have been more scoring opportunities.

Let me hear your thoughts on this.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer the question... it's not even close. The Pro-Bowl makes absolutly no sense whatsoever. As big of a football fan as I am, I don't think I've ever watched more than a few minutes. I can't even imagine why anyone would ever want to watch it, play in it, coach it... I can't even believe this thing makes money.

I used to watch the All-Star game every year, along with as many Mets games as I could. Now I just don't have as much interest as I used to. Life has just become too important to spend 162 days and nights a year watching TV. 16 Sundays a year is doable. I did watch most of last night, being at Citi and Harvey and Wright starting. Couldn't care less about the outcome but was pleased to see Harvey overcome his early jitters.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I think in their current formats, both should be abandoned.

I don't know if there is really a solution for the NFL's Pro Bowl. You can't do it in the season, too much risk of injury and no team would let their stars compete. End of season and nobody cares and nobody wants to get hurt. Probably should just make it flag football or honorary (with no game played).

All-star game. Start by tar and feathering that moron Bud Selig, who because of his own incompetence (in allowing a tie all-star game) created the winner of the game gets home field advantage in the World Series. This isn't what the all-star game is about, its about show casing the best players in the leagues. Managers should be able to play all their players, and if they now have the pressure of being concerned about home field advantage, then the emphasis is more on winning then getting everyone some playing time.

As a kid, before major cable networks and inter-league play, the all-star game was something special. It was the one time I could see guys like Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose, Steve Garvey and Davey Lopes, some of the big Nat'l League players of the late 70's and early 80's. Cable and inter-leauge play have kind of ruined that special feeling for me, along with ESPN, because now it isn't something special for me to see a Nat'l League player. (As you can tell - I'm from an American League market - MN Twins).

Baseball can be saved, dump Selig and let the game be played for fun, then I don't care if it's a pitchers duel or home run derby.

Football, its a lost cause.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch either.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

That's a no brainer: MLB All Star Game!
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    What would you rather have? The NFL Pro Bowl and no defense, OR the MLB All-Star game where pitching dominates...
    OK...what would I watch... well here are my thoughts...

MLB baseball's all star game at least has the pretense of being a normal game. Pitching is the dominant factor in any baseball game...

Now the NFL... there is no good answer. Part of the problem with football is you need to be invested in the outcome...even in the super bowl- it may not be your team, but I always end up picking one of the teams playing and rooting for them...
    Part of the problem is injuries. Remember the running back for the patriots who blew out his knee in a beach game during the pro bowl? Many years later he made it back to playing in the NFL but his career was drastically shortened by it.

So in the end, I would rather watch...neither. Lets just go out and play a game with our family & friends...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: