Quantcast Need your Secrets! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I really have any secrets, as much as I just have things I like to do.

I've been trying to go to Disney 1x per year, and at first I was very gung-ho about hitting the rides and going from ride to ride to ride over and over without doing much else. Now I've calmed down a lot. I take my time and stop for lots of breaks.

So what I like to do is get a cold treat (like a frozen lemonade or frozen mocha or something like that that can be enjoyed for a while), find a shady spot, and sit and relax and people watch. I can spend up to an hour doing that.

I also like to take the time to visit Tom Sawyer Island at MK. It's never very crowded and I enjoy walking all over the island and exploring.

Sometimes I'll spend an afternoon at the park just visiting all the shops and anything else that doesn't have a line.

And then I like to just spend time at the resort appreciating the grounds and taking in the scenery.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...let's see:

- MK is always the last park visited (it used to be the first park visited as well, but we eased back on that in recent years) - like many of you, once I reach the end of Main Street on the way out for the last time, I turn around and say a final good-bye to the castle...until next time!

- Gotta have a Dole Whip at least once - the same can be said for Tonga Toast at the Poly

- Watch the Electrical Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon from our balcony at BLT

- Have dinner at Cape May Cafe

Disney Trips: '87, '91, '94, '97, '00, '03, '05, '07, '08, '10 (x3)

NEXT TRIP: Nov. 29-Dec. 7, 2013; Art of Disney Animation/Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

When we drive under the character sign before the parking gate at MK, we all raise our hands in the car and say, "Whooooo!" (I keep one hand on the wheel)....

We also play a game where we see who will be the first one to see the first monorail of the day (usually on the EPCOT track)....

We love our WDW trips.

Post Thanks / Like

When I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside I enjoyed wandering around trying to find the 5-6 quiet pools without looking at a map. A challenge given how spread out the resort is!
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

This one may be incredibly geeky but last time we went I was seeing how many of the monorail trains I saw in the vacation. I have the pictures of them somewhere, my sister laughed at me and my monorail pics!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I probably shouldn't give this one up but...

In MK, Tony's town square. It opens at 4:00 and if you are there a bit earlier you can be seated without a ADR even if the restaurant is booked solid for the nite. It may not always work but we've never been turned away.
    Over 60 visits since 1971

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    Being a big movie fan, I love finding the "Singin' in the Rain" photo op in Disney Hollywood Studios. It's a metal umbrella affixed to an old-fashioned lamp-post, and if you stand under it, it triggers a shower spigot positioned right over the umbrella, so it rains when you have your picture taken pretending you're Gene Kelly on set. I was mildly disappointed when I was last there because they'd disabled the spigot because (presumably) the Osborne lights were already installed. But check it out, it's a fun little thing that most people don't know about.
    I have NEVER seen this! They have the same in DisneylandParis and you're right, it's a great photo op! Where can I find this? Thank you!
    94- Offsite
    98- ASMu
    00- Offsite
    04- DLR
    06- Offsite
    08- Offsite
    11- ASMU
    12- Disneyland Paris DCR
    13- August Offsite + AKL
    14- March POFQ!
    15- Christmas atGrand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just for fun

While intransit to WDW we play 20 questions "where am I in WDW"...you'd be surprised at how finite these places are and it really challenges your knowledge of the resort area
    Gauis2001

Over 100 seperate visits since 1972!
    1st visit was before Space Mountain was built and we used ticket books to see attractions!

Post Thanks / Like

We have to eat at Pecos Bill's each trip. LOVE the hamburgers. We always get ice cream at the ice cream shop on Main Street and we always get a Mickey ice cream bar at some point during our trip.
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where ever the wind blows

Have at least one morning where nothing is planned and take the first bus that comes along to where ever. Fun to see where we end up by the end of the day.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunkyg View Post
    Ok I probably shouldn't give this one up but...

In MK, Tony's town square. It opens at 4:00 and if you are there a bit earlier you can be seated without a ADR even if the restaurant is booked solid for the nite. It may not always work but we've never been turned away.
    We have done this a couple of times with garden grill when it was open for lunch.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is my fav so I try to go there most days.
    Eat in Japan and have sake.
    See Illuminations twice. Try Beverly in Club Cool.
    walk from Epcot to DHS or take the boat, cut throught Boardwalk pool area if you walk.
    schoolbread, Dole Whip...although I miss them sometimes.
    DHS- Key at Muppets under the Mat, Star Tours a few times to experience the diff rides. walk thru the Walt exhibit and animation and see the person working in the gift shop who does cels. TOT and RNR of course.
    check the resorts. take the boat to DD from POFQ or OKW.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no secrets. But we have traditions.

One thing we like to do is to see if the kids can tie posters, restaurants, etc to Disney movies. Since some are older or more obscure, it's a challenge. I don't think our kids could tie the Sleepy Hollow refreshment stand or the Friar's Nook to a Disney movie, for example. But sometimes they surprise us! Some of the references you find at the MK and DHS are pretty hard.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: