Quantcast Shipping To Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping To Resort

Can you ship a box to yourself at the resort you will be staying at?? I'm thinking when we go we could ship some snacks and drinks. We won't have a rental so we won't be ab;e to go to store.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but the convention resorts charge a fee. That would be Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn and Coranado Springs.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

A really easy way to handle that is use a grocery delivery service like Strollers and Groceries. They'll deliver right to you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

the usps and shipping companies have all raised rates. definitely would check out a delivery service.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Probably cheaper to get a cab to Publix or Target/ Wal-Mart . Most of the grocery stores also deliver.

Post Thanks / Like

We did this for our trip in May and it worked great. I was able to ship a 17x17x17 box down filled with diapers, baby food, snack items, and other non-perishables for less than $20, and then i had the box to ship stuff home in when it was time to go.

Couple of things to be aware of. 1.The regular post office will not deliver to the hotels on Disney property as they don't recognize the address as a residential address. Instead it goes to a main location and then has to be sorted and taken to the various resorts (at least this is how it was explained to me). This can take extra time, so isn't a great option. If at all possible use a carrier such as FedEx, UPS, etc., as they can ship directly to the hotel. 2. If shipping a box back home from the resort, I was told that the mercantile could ship it for us (WL), but that they would need to have a receipt for any Disney items in the box. So, that's just more of an FYI.

I did look into using a grocery delivery service as well, and the thing I noticed was that for the products we needed, I could buy them much cheaper at home to ship down, but I think that really depends on the type of things you're wanting to have. I'd crunch the numbers for both and see which one makes the most sense. I can tell you though, that we will definitely be shipping a box down for future trips as well.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It's really not all that expensive to ship things. When we left WDW at the end of last month, it was less than $25 to ship 12 pounds of clothes and stuff back to the house. (FedEx)

Worked out great. I think the next time we ride the motorcycle down there, we will ship to the hotel. Less stuff to pack, means more stuff can be bought on the way down.

Do you need to give the resort a heads up when you ship, in case it gets there before you, or do you just set it up to deliver on the day you arrive?

I know the lady at the shipping place we used said they would sit on our box a couple of days if we wanted it to arrive after we got home.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRocker View Post
    Do you need to give the resort a heads up when you ship, in case it gets there before you, or do you just set it up to deliver on the day you arrive?
    At the resort make sure you address it:

X Resort
    c/o Guest Name - Arrival Date:

and that will take care of it. So if it arrives a day or two before you do no big deal.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

op mentioned drinks. you ship a couple of cases of water or soda and its going to put you way over cost on shipping. realky depends on amount and type of items. item prices wont vary too much. its really the cost of shipping vs. cost of shopping service or taxi.
    a lot of folks ship extra luggage instead of paying airline charges.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Just a side note, 7 years ago I debated shipping diapers and and baby food, etc. ahead. The cheap side of my brain said not to, and how much could diapers weigh? When I got to the airport the large suitcase weighed 49.5 pounds! I was a few ounces shy of paying extra for my luggage.

The taxi ride to a store could be a good idea, but I woulded want to waste time shopping (for groceries) while in Disney. Especially after traveling...
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

If you are flying and taking Magical Express, I'd also think about taking a checked bag with snacks etc. We are planning on doing this in Nov so we can have some snacks and "beverages" and not pay outrageous prices. I'd price out the different options and see which is most cost effective for you.
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

We've saved money and space by shipping down food, diapers, and other misc. baby things a few years back. Definitely cheaper to send these things down via FedEx or UPS ground. I would never spend the money for a local grocery service, or use my valuable vacation time to go to a grocery store.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We ship a package every year now. Granola bars, coffee, sugar packets, band aids, asprine, pepto tabs, cereal, Mio, etc. I end up around $20.00 for UPS Ground.

I wrap the package in plain brown packing paper. In the past I let the kids decorate the package with Disney stuff before we send it.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Being Canadian, our shipping costs are horrendous. So, when we go to WDW, we have several packages (from awesome US retailers like Summit Racing and Victorias Secrets) shipped to our resort. We have never had a problem! We address it as previously mentioned, with our name, check in date and reservation number listed on the package.
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

We've always shipped a box complete with snacks, toiletries, etc. via FedEx 3-day air to our resort without problem. Very affordable and we pick it up at check-in. Just make certain that you pack any liquid items such as shampoo in ziploc bags and pack well. Socks make great packing material! We still make a grocery run for perishables and adult beverages, but shipping makes our arrival (and our trips to and from the airport) much more convenient.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: