Quantcast GFV Fixed Week Price - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I am going to assume that these contracts are being shared among several family members. It kind of makes sense. It's a good way to ensure everyone spends Christmas together every year, without the hassle of the logisitcs of whose house which year, etc.

I can see a group of siblings pooling their money so they and their families can all stay in a grand villa every year. Or even a family. Mom and Dad and kids splitting the cost.
    I can also see someone doing this and renting out the points every year without Disney doing a thing.

I know money makes the world go around, but I really hate the idea of DVC taking 35 percent of the inventory out of commission for people who "want what they want." It doesn't surprise me, but I still don't like that richer people get to reduce my chances for a particular week in the same room.

Maybe DVC should just start putting up rooms for auction.

I think I wouldn't mind quite as much if the most popular weeks -- Christmas, 4th of July, Easter, were excluded from fixed weeks. Of course, not as many people would be interested in buying a fixed week then.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Money talks and you know the rest. I will soon be new to DVC and all I can say is thank goodness I only want to vacation during the value seasons. But I do agree with others that this is changing the concept of DVC, it is not fair for those who bought in believing they had the same chance as everyone else to get certain dates. This is certainly giving me something to consider before my purchase.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    But I do agree with others that this is changing the concept of DVC, it is not fair for those who bought in believing they had the same chance as everyone else to get certain dates. This is certainly giving me something to consider before my purchase.
    While I agree this is changing the concept of DVC going forward, I really don't think it has a great impact on current owners. GFV buyers were aware of the options when they purchased so no one is really being blindsided and they would be most effected IMO..

I wouldn't let this second guess your purchase. So, you may not get into GFV but look at all the other wonderful resorts you can enjoy!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I assumed while reading these posts that fixed-week owners are paying 10% more money for their points, but according to other sources, that seems not to be the case. It's that they are required to purchase 10% more points for the fixed week.

For example, a current DVC owner who wanted to stay at GFV during the first week of November would use 125 points. But fixed-week owners would be required to purchase the equivalent of 138 points for the same week. Then, if in a particular year they choose not to stay during that week, they would receive 138 points to use as they wish during their use year, with the same restrictions as everyone else.

If this is true, I don't know what the ramifications are for the total number of points available at the resort. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how it works can explain.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I wouldn't let this second guess your purchase. So, you may not get into GFV but look at all the other wonderful resorts you can enjoy!
    If the trend continues, it won't matter as much for larger resorts like Aulani, because there will be plenty of inventory even if all of the fixed weeks are sold.

It WILL matter greatly if future resorts are small additions like the Grand Floridian, such as, if rumors come to fruition, a DVC addition to the Polynesian.

It's very hard to get into a small DVC resort such as the Wilderness Lodge now if it's not your home resort. Building small DVC resorts will have the double whammy of making a fixed-week option more attractive, and consequently making it nearly impossible for non-home-resort DVC owners to stay there.

While there are still many fine resorts to use as a current DVC member, this is a valid concern for people considering buying into 50 years of DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears to me that a DVC member is only renting the timeshare and not actually buying it. At the end of the contract period, you don't "own" anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Floridian sales aren't going so well... Just sayin...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Grand Floridian sales aren't going so well... Just sayin...
    I think they shot themselves in the foot by announcing Poly DVC so closed to the opening of VGF. There's a lot of chatter about people that would prefer to own at Poly and decided to wait.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I think they shot themselves in the foot by announcing Poly DVC so closed to the opening of VGF. There's a lot of chatter about people that would prefer to own at Poly and decided to wait.
    Or they over valued the Grand Floridian... and now, they are shooting themselves in the foot by reducing the amount of DVC rooms at Poly... if they went ahead with the larger Poly plan, they would have been so much better off...

Ahhh Disney management, is there anyone with functioning brain cells?????
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

back to the week 52 fixed reservation. first of all, good for them being able to do it. 2nd of all...i couldn't imagine paying that kind of scratch to deal with those crowds. we stay at bcv the week of the college football awards every year (this year we are staying dec 7-15)...almost nobody around, great weather, no lines...and it is all decorated for the holidays.

i don't begrudge anyone spending their money how they see fit. but those crowds would send me over the edge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: