Quantcast Crowds in October

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds in October

Our kids have a fall break in mid-October and we're thinking about taking our girls for 4 days. What are the crowds like and has anyone experienced the weather during this time?
    DizneyDoug
    Dolphin-July 2012
    Poly-June 2010
    POFQ-July 2008
    POFQ-May 2006
    ASM-Dec 2004
    Offsite-Dec 2003, Mar 2002
    New Years Eve 1999!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

well depends on when your going .... if you going around columbus day weekend it will be busier then the rest of the month.. epcot is rather busy on the weekends (fri and sat especially) the rest is kinda quiet.... as for weather its nice... i think the max it was the last few years was mid 80s getting as cool as 60 rain is hit or miss but the last 2 trips of all 14 days i was there it rained once
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

We went the last week of October in 2011, and the crowds weren't bad at all. We even braved the F&WF at Epcot on a Saturday and it wasn't too bad. The weather was perfect. It did rain on Halloween, but I believe that was the only day it rained on our trip. The mornings and late evenings were usually in the mid 60s. During the day it was closer to 80. This time of year is now my wife and I's favorite time to visit.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed our October trip, as it wasn't nearly as hot and humid as our summer trips, and crowds were generally good.

However, Epcot on the weekends with the F&W Festival were a zoo, and all of the MSSNHP nights at MK made it crowded on non-party nights.

But, a little planning, lots of getting up early and we had an amazing trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We love going to WDW in October..as you can tell from my signature. MK is decked out for fall and it is very pretty. We love MNSSHP but know that it isn't for everyone. F&W are a must for us and yes it can get crowded on weekends because many locals come in for it. Weather is great. We have experienced it very chilly to down right hot and everything inbetween but on average..beautiful. If any discounts come out or if you are lucky enough to have gotten a PIN code for fall/early winter, know that in the past, two weeks of mid Oct. are blacked out for discounts..
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We went early/mid October last year and it was GREAT! We didn't wait more than 20 minutes for any rides! The only time we ran into some crowds was during the F&W festival late in the day. Earlier in the day it was fine, though! October is easily my favorite time to go.

Annnnd MNSSHP is worth the money for us! Go for it if it's in the budget!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

October is also one of my favorite times. As previously stated, the Epcot Countries will be busy during the Food and Wine Festival.

The weather is still beautiful.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem in Oct. Weather is fine, crowds OK and W-F fest is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Went in mid-October a few years ago, and it was one of the best times of the year I've ever been. The crowds were light (keep in mind I'm usually there at peak periods) and the weather was warm enough for shorts and a polo shirt. I highly recommend going to WDW in October.

Have fun.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it also depends on perception. My wife and I are Disney veterans and we think October is great-- weather is perfect and crowds are average. My brother in law was with us last October for his first visit and he thought the crowds were awful and complained about them the whole time. We tried to tell him the crowds were actually low and he was shocked. Oh well.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

October is one of our very favorite times to go. We've gone in early, mid and late October over the years.

Crowds:

Crowds have grown steadily over the years. There is no slow time in October, but crowds are manageable. Some short lines, some long lines. F&WF was crazy busy last year, weekdays or weekends... didn't matter. We noticed a sharp increase in the amount of obnoxious and visibly intoxiated patrons as well. But, we still had a great time!

Weather:

Weather can be all over the place. We've had very hot and humid trips (early to mid October), had a couple cooler trips (mid to late October, especially last October... hit the upper 40's at night), and trips with perfect weather (mid 80's duruing the day - any time of the month). We've had very dry weather with almost no rain for every trip.

For the most part, you can plan on good weather and probably larger than average crowds. October is extremely popular anymore.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    October is one of our very favorite times to go. We've gone in early, mid and late October over the years.

Crowds:

Crowds have grown steadily over the years. There is no slow time in October, but crowds are manageable. Some short lines, some long lines. F&WF was crazy busy last year, weekdays or weekends... didn't matter. We noticed a sharp increase in the amount of obnoxious and visibly intoxiated patrons as well. But, we still had a great time!

Weather:

Weather can be all over the place. We've had very hot and humid trips (early to mid October), had a couple cooler trips (mid to late October, especially last October... hit the upper 40's at night), and trips with perfect weather (mid 80's duruing the day - any time of the month). We've had very dry weather with almost no rain for every trip.

For the most part, you can plan on good weather and probably larger than average crowds. October is extremely popular anymore.
    It is as if you read my mind .... ditto

Last year were arrived the day after Sandy passed up the coast and it was sunny but windy and quite cool. DF and I noticed how much busier the Food and Wine Festival was during the week than the year before. And yes some of the drunks can be rude and amusing - like the ones leaving EPCOT with parking cones on their heads singing while marching in formation!
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We just went last October. As other posters said the Food and Wine crowd can make Epcot seem crowded but other than that it was not bad at all.

There were still longish lines at the major rides but we were able to use Fastpass and did not wait in line more than thirty minutes for anything.

We really enjoyed MNSSHP as well. When I originally saw the prices I did not want to do it but I was pleasantly surprised. We did not use any of the days on our park hoppers the day we went to the party.

It was warm but not unbearable.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: