Quantcast Loaded Gun Found On Dinosaur attraction at AK - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

This is rIdiculous. I guess I was naive to think that gun issues were not a problem on DW property.

I don't care who you are, a "law abiding" permit gun-carrying person or an off-duty cop, nobody should be carrying a gun on to DW property. That is just irresponsible and borderline insane.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Yep, that's way different than what legal carriers around here believe.
    Oh! The wonderful world of diversity...
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's way different than what legal carriers around here believe.
    And, there's no Second Amendment (or similar act) if effect in Canada. That's one big difference between the U.S. and other western countries.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

After reading about the story and hearing peoples thoughts here are mine.

First it doesn't matter if its a hollow point bullet or not, it's still a loaded gun. If you have a license to carry your gun it's going to be loaded. Not much of a point of having a gun on you without bullets if you need it. What is he supposed to do, throw it??

Second, being a responsible gun holder he should have had it in a holster, not in a pocket where it may fall out. Maybe he should talk to Plaxico Burress about carrying a gun without a holster. No holster in sweat pants at the club, ended up shooting himself in the foot and some jail time. Once again...Not Responsible

Third, as a Responsible gun holder, he should know where he CAN and CAN NOT carry a gun. Just because you have a piece of paper saying you can carry, doesn't mean you can carry everywhere.

I really think there should be a test people have to take to buy a gun or become a parent. There are plenty of people out there with one or both, who are careless and irresponsible. Neither of which should be handled that way.
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyB View Post
    Third, as a Responsible gun holder, he should know where he CAN and CAN NOT carry a gun. Just because you have a piece of paper saying you can carry, doesn't mean you can carry everywhere.
    That is why this isn't a political or philosophical question in my mind. This man wasn't responsible. No matter your ideology, no matter what you think about gun rights in America, nobody would ever call this idiot responsible.

There is simply no reason for a guest to carry a gun into a Disney theme park. An accident like this is unforgivable.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That is why this isn't a political or philosophical question in my mind. This man wasn't responsible. No matter your ideology, no matter what you think about gun rights in America, nobody would ever call this idiot responsible.

There is simply no reason for a guest to carry a gun into a Disney theme park. An accident like this is unforgivable.
    Yes, exactly!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they're probably way more concealed firearms in the park than most would want to believe. Disney simply does nothing to prevent them. I also don't think anyone with a CWP is paranoid or stupid for carrying. However, this guy lacked serious common sense. I haven't read the article, but someone mentioned his gun slipped from his pocket? That's straightforward stupidity and it makes the rest of the permit carriers looks as inane.
    Yes! CWP is a wonderful thing a lot of my friends and family have, but that doesn't mean anything if you are stupid and don't pay attention in elementary gun safety...I think this guy is a total jerk who makes the rest of CWP people look crazy and dangerous but hopefully Disney can do something about this, I don't mind not having a weapon at WDW its one of the only places I feel safe enough to not feel a need for anything like that. I figure worst case scenario if I have to go out randomly, somewhere like WDW would be the best place, at least I'd go out happy lol
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Disclaimer - I really know nothing about guns, except for what I see on TV or read about.
    The thing about this I simply can not get my mind around are the hollow point bullets. To me that just seems like someone who has taken his own safety way overboard, if that really was his intent. But for all I know that could well be what everyone is using now.
    Hollow points are very hardcore bullets, the are the same concept as a regular bullet except these sort of splinter out causing more damage, good for personal or home security, even more level of crazy to have in WDW, but I do know most people are doing Hollow Points in personal safety guns now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Hollow points are very hardcore bullets, the are the same concept as a regular bullet except these sort of splinter out causing more damage, good for personal or home security, even more level of crazy to have in WDW, but I do know most people are doing Hollow Points in personal safety guns now.
    This is not entirely true. Hollow points expand when they hit an object so that they do the most damage while not penetrating all the way through. They are actually safer to carry in a crowded place then a full metal jacket which will penetrate an object and keep on going. This, however still does not mean an individual should carry a weapon on Disney property. This person is a disgrace to CCW holders and its jerks like this that ruin it for the people who carry safely and responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coopers431 View Post
    I don't post much on this site but I felt I had to respond to this post. I am a CCW holder as well and carry every where I LEGALLY can and no I am not afraid the government is out to get me. It is to protect my self and my family. I would never dream of carrying in a crowded amusement park when there are already incredible safety measures in place especially Disney. I believe this man was extremely irresponsible and should have lost his CCW permit. As to hollow points being more dangerous it is actually quite the opposite. They expand so that they would not penetrate and possibly hit an innocent bystander (as gruesome as this sounds).
    Well said. It's sad that people who don't understand or don't agree with the right to bear arms try to portray people who do as paranoid idiots. Maybe it's because they're not completely secure with their own thoughts on the subject or just haven't educated themselves enough. There's really no need to insult or belittle because of a difference of opinion. It just creates hard feelings and a lack of open communication and understanding. It hinders progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coopers431 View Post
    This is not entirely true. Hollow points expand when they hit an object so that they do the most damage while not penetrating all the way through. They are actually safer to carry in a crowded place then a full metal jacket which will penetrate an object and keep on going. This, however still does not mean an individual should carry a weapon on Disney property. This person is a disgrace to CCW holders and its jerks like this that ruin it for the people who carry safely and responsibly.
    Thanks for clarifying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    So now, going to WDW may be like going to the airport. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. Get to the front gates, put bags on conveyors with guards possibly doing spot checks on people (can hear the complaining now) and walk through a metal detector and/or the thing that blasts air on you to detect explosives. Maybe even a K-9 unit nearby?

Upon passing the security check, guests will then proceed to the NextGen sensors and THEN hit the park. Does anyone else envision this? Hey, if it saves lives, I'm for it. Yes, it will make lines longer and you guys who are closer to this than others will likely have some insight.

It's such a shame that this is where some in our society are, mentally. There's always someone who wants to ruin it for the rest of us. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt kids. As a parent of three, it's just a concept that I can't comprehend.
    They use handheld metal detectors at Six Flags Over Texas, I don't want to see this at Disney!
    Fall 2004 College Program Alumni and Campus Rep.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

What is it with Florida pistol owners? A boy found a gun in a Tampa Movie House toilet Stall. Do these people just toss their weapon in their pockets like a wallet or keys?

Come on. There is a time and place, I feel Disney is not the place for sure.

If a person dose feel the need to have a pistol on them they need to learn how to properly handle and holster their weapon and no matter what be in control of it at all times.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: