Quantcast Papers for airports for my 2 yr old

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Papers for airports for my 2 yr old

Do I need to bring any papers for proof that my son is mine. Ie birth certificate etc. I've never flown with a child before
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to, but I always felt more comfortable having a copy of DS's birth certificate with me anyway. Never was asked to see it, both for air travel and Disney admittance, but better safe than sorry. DS was an exceptionally large child and I was always concerned we would be questioned on his age when his admittance was free.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting. I would have thought the airports would ask. You know to make sure your not stealing a child. Hmmmm. I think I will take a copy just in case. Not worried about Disney. They are not allowed to ask your child's age. My son will only be 28 months but I was never concerned over Disney. The bad part is he looks 3-4 yrs old bc he's huge. I might get looks for that
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

I always brought my daughters' birth certificates as well but was never asked to provide them. Both daughters now have state issued ID - one has a drivers license and the other has just an ID card - looks like a drivers license. I got the ID card because she was traveling with my parents in April but again, they were never asked to produce ID.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on which airline you fly, you may need to prove the child's age if you are not purchasing a separate seat for the child.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    You don't need to, but I always felt more comfortable having a copy of DS's birth certificate with me anyway. Never was asked to see it, both for air travel and Disney admittance, but better safe than sorry. DS was an exceptionally large child and I was always concerned we would be questioned on his age when his admittance was free.
    I do this when I fly with my son as well. We have never been asked to provide it, though
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely bring it but that makes me nervous for our country thinking hey if my kid was kidnapped and they got on a plane they could be gone just about anywhere very quickly without not even knowing. Very scary

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, no ID for children under 18 is required on domestic flights.
    Proud DVC owner

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from taking our 3 yr old grandson...not one airline or TAA asked for paperwork. We obviously were the grandparents and his mom was NOT with us....never even asked his name...although it was on the boarding pass...his name is different than ours....I was very surprised with all the other security that this was so lax.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Southwest is the only airline that has ever consistently asked for Child's birth certificate, but since we started purchasing her a seat, even that has stopped.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    I was very surprised with all the other security that this was so lax.
    I always am as well. We carry our kids' passports (we are Canadian), but have never been asked to show ID. I think this is a huge airline security FAIL.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ISLE39 View Post
    I will definitely bring it but that makes me nervous for our country thinking hey if my kid was kidnapped and they got on a plane they could be gone just about anywhere very quickly without not even knowing. Very scary
    On one hand, I can understand this sentiment. On the other hand, I would hope that all parents would be vigilant in keeping tabs on their kids at the airport--it ultimately begins and ends with that assumption, IMO. However, I see many parents so loaded down with "kid things"--strollers, diaper bags, car seats, etc. that I imagine it's easy to get distracted.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dixielandings View Post
    Southwest is the only airline that has ever consistently asked for Child's birth certificate, but since we started purchasing her a seat, even that has stopped.
    Southwest only cares that they are eligible to fly free. If you're buying a ticket, then no worries...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: