Quantcast Beach club vs yacht club and more expensive view

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach club vs yacht club and more expensive view

We have booked a trip this August for two families (4 adults and 5 kids- ages 9 to 17) at the Beach Club. We had to take pool view instead of our choice of Garden view due to availability. ($307 more). The Yacht Club had Garden View available. My question is are we silly to pay the extra money to stay at Beach Club rather than the Yacht Club? I originally thought with the kids we should stay at Beach Club but between high airline prices I'm second guessing my thought. I would love to hear opinions. Thanks so much!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If the price difference makes you uncomfortable, switch to YC. They are, essentially, the same resort, different themed rooms.

I will say, we were once upgraded to a pool/lagoon view room at BC and it was an AMAZING view. However, we didn't really spend that much time enjoying it as we are not the type to just sit out on the balcony for hours.

We enjoyed our "standard view" at the BC just as much, as it was a lovely look out over the Port Cochere and we could see Spaceship Earth over the roof of the villas.

I prefer the room decor at BC, honestly, and like that the BC is closer to the slide portion of the pool, which is where my kids spend the most amount of time. But, for $300...I'd probably go with the cheaper view at YC.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both and actually preferred Yacht Club.

One of the complaints I have seen with Beach Club is that a large number of their rooms don't have a true full balcony. They have these small "standing room only" balconies. Yacht Club, on the other hand, has mostly full sized balconies.

We stayed in a garden view room at YC that I couldn't have been happier with. It was on first floor and our sliding doors looked out at the wedding gazebo. We were such a short walk to everything!

If you are traveling with small children they may enjoy the sand bottom portion the pool. That part of the pool this located nearest Yacht Club, while the slide is located closest to BC. YC is also closer to the boat that takes you to Epcot and DHS. BC is closer to epcot if you prefer walking to Epcot. So based on your family's needs YC could work out better for you. My mom has mobility issues,so being closer to the boat was more important than walking distance to Epcot. My kids loved that sand bottom part of the pool, and stayed in that area most days, so again YC was closer to that section of the pool we stayed in most.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find most people have a preference for either the Yacht Club or the Beach Club. I like both but am definitely a Yacht Club girl for many of the same reasons Denise mentioned especially the full balcony.

I have always had a garden view at the Yacht Club. The view has always been lovely and has often been the gardens and quiet pool. Yacht Club is a bit further away from the pool but it has never been a problem for us. My kids are currently 5 and 7. They spend a lot of time at the pool and on the beach.

For $300 I'd switch and spend the money on something else.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We did a water view at the YC this February. I really liked the view. We were looking down on the sand bottom pool. The downside was the noise from the pool during the day - which I kinda liked, kids playing and whatnot... There are also some pretty powerful stadium style lights that shine down on the pool late into the night which light up your room unless your shades are completely shut.

Regardless of what you choose remember: don't sweat the small stuff. Have fun!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference for me would be the Beach Club, but the money savings would be the deciding factor. Essentially the same, in the same location, and you share the amenities. If you walk to Epcot, it'll be a bit further if you stay at the Yacht Club.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The pool view at Beach Club also includes the quiet pool, not at all the same as the main pool. Although these rooms are REALLY close to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, if the quiet pool view would disappoint you for the money, move to the Yacht Club.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The pool view at Beach Club also includes the quiet pool, not at all the same as the main pool. Although these rooms are REALLY close to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, if the quiet pool view would disappoint you for the money, move to the Yacht Club.
    That is true, although the rooms on the upper floors overlooking the quiet pool also would have a nice view of the lagoon and the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin across the way. And, there is that secret door that leads out the side and you are literally steps from the IG at Epcot from there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your advice! It was greatly appreciated. I switched us to the Garden View at Yacht Club. I started thinking about the things we could use the $300 for (souvenirs, food and ) and switched. We have stayed at the Beach Club before and loved it, but I'm sure we will enjoy the Yacht Club just as much. The kids in our group are older so they can handle walking and we spend too much time in the parks to worry about the view. It's always nice to finally make a decision!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    And, there is that secret door that leads out the side and you are literally steps from the IG at Epcot from there.
    Oh, how we loved that secret door when my sister and I stayed at the Beach Club (prior to buying DVC) ! We were on the first floor, so it was that much easier for us to get to the International Gateway. We sat on the patio and listened to the British Invasion!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both but much prefer the yc. The bc has a much better gift/market shop. But the yc has better balconies and has a quieter feel with less craziness from families and little kids. I also got stuck in an elevator as the bc and had to use the emergency phone.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    That is true, although the rooms on the upper floors overlooking the quiet pool also would have a nice view of the lagoon and the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin across the way. And, there is that secret door that leads out the side and you are literally steps from the IG at Epcot from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Oh, how we loved that secret door when my sister and I stayed at the Beach Club (prior to buying DVC) ! We were on the first floor, so it was that much easier for us to get to the International Gateway. We sat on the patio and listened to the British Invasion!
    We were on the first floor too and also loved that "secret" door and how we were just steps away from Epcot. It was especially great at the end of the night.

What we didn't love was paying for a water view and getting the quiet pool and virtually no view of the lagoon, because we were on the first floor.

We did, however, get a "bonus" -- a crystal clear view of a very hairy guest who sat in the hot tub night after night for long periods of time. To be fair, he paid his money and had a right to his hot tub. We were happy to let him have it to himself.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious as to what the garden view is like at either Yc or BC. Is it that you will see an actual garden or just something green like trees?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I would switch to the Yacht Club. I have stayed at both and I am at the parks so much that my room is irrelevant and you get to share the same pool - so make the change. You won't stress so much and vacations are suppose to be stress free.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Just curious as to what the garden view is like at either Yc or BC. Is it that you will see an actual garden or just something green like trees?
    Both times I had a garden view at Yacht Club we overlooked the quiet pool and the garden around it. At Beach Club we looked at trees. At Beach Club Villas we had an garden and road view.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: