Quantcast Teppen Edo for child's birthday?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppen Edo for child's birthday?

I tried to get Chef Mickey's for dinner for my son's birthday. He will turn seven during our stay this fall. I was able to get Chef Mickey's for the day before, but for his actual birthday I have a reservation for Teppen Edo. Do you know if they do anything special for a birthday or should I try for another restaurant? Thanks
    Port Orleans Riverside Oct. 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter Oct. 2009
    Port Orleans French Quarter Oct. 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Sept. 2007
    First Visit: Pop Century June 2006

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the meal, they give the person celebrating their birthday a chef's hat and sing happy birthday. It was nothing special. Also, I just want to add that this is one place we probably won't go back to. Having Japanese hibachi's up here in the northeast, we're spoiled because the food (and entertainment) is much better and you also get salad and soup included (not included at Disney). It wasn't the worst meal, but it wasn't the best either. I think for a 7-year old, I would look elsewhere. Did you try 1900 Park Fare? That seems to be available every day of our upcoming trip. The stepsisters took the time to wish my daughter a happy birthday and even had a conversation with her. She was 13 and they asked her about boys and if she was dating, etc. It was a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous poster as to whether it would be something for the kids.

I would look at the WDW web site for the character meals and decide from there.

We did dinner for myself and a grand daughters Bday at Crystal Palace and we got a signed Bday card from all of the characters and the waitress. We also got our own special cupcake. The grand daughter loved it but she was about 4 then.

Hope this helps..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. We've enjoyed many special meals at Teppan Edo, and have celebrated our kids' birthday there. And I would highly recommend it for a celebration event - they took very good care of us and made the evening special for the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    At the end of the meal, they give the person celebrating their birthday a chef's hat and sing happy birthday. It was nothing special. Also, I just want to add that this is one place we probably won't go back to. Having Japanese hibachi's up here in the northeast, we're spoiled because the food (and entertainment) is much better and you also get salad and soup included (not included at Disney). It wasn't the worst meal, but it wasn't the best either. I think for a 7-year old, I would look elsewhere.
    Although I like Teppan Edo, I agree that there are better hibachi places where I live. I am not sure whats on the children's menu but if its strictly Japanese, I dont think it would appeal to the average child because of veggies and steamed rice.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I would try O'hana. Or maybe whispering canyon at Wilderness Lodge. I am sure they will make a BIG deal out of it. O'hana has really cute charactors if that is what you are looking for. I think I would change my location. Hope this helps!
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

Post Thanks / Like

Also if Budget allows it, Go to Hoop De Doo Reveiw at Fort Wilderness.
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love Teppan Edo and have celebrated two birthdays there. They bring out a chef hat and sing to you. My nephew had two birthdays in Disney (we are both Sept babies and tend to vacation in Sept) and I thought my meal celebration was better than what he got at other locations (Crystal Palace and TRex).

It's a lot of fun. I love the Hibatchi dinner. Yes you can get Hibatchi at home, but a lot of Disney food you can get at home. I'd stick with Teppan Edo. I think you'll have a lot of fun.

The kids wore my Chef's Hat all evening throughout Epcot. They thought it was so much fun.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My kids 11 and 8 love Teppan Edo but they both love Japanese food including sushi. They probably ask to eat hibachi weekly. Which we dont do but thats where they like to go. So my kids would love to eat Teppan Edo for there Birthday. And we normally bring them to hibachi for there Birthday. But with all that being said this year we are skipping Teppan Edo. We have been a ton if times and the last time I found the food to be kind of bland. So, i agree with other you can definitely find better food at home. I think if your child likes this type of food he will probably love the experience. Or if he's never been before this would be an amazing experience. My kids first hibachi experience was at Teppan Edo and they still talk about it.
    My second vote would be for 'Ohana. The entertainment for kids can't be beat.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: