Quantcast Vegan food suggestions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vegan food suggestions?

Anyone know of good vegan dishes in either the parks or resorts? Being a vegetarian myself, I have never had a problem finding a meal at Disney, but my DD17 is vegan and would like some suggestions. We are staying at Beach Club this summer so any suggestions around the EPCOT resorts or WS is especially appreciated. Anyone with experience know of anywhere good?

TIA!!
    steph
    Last edited by stephicakes; 05-02-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: wrong date
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The food court area (Sunshine Seasons) at The Land is probably the best choice on property for counter service vegan options. The veggie burger, available at some locations like Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's, should be the vegan gardenburger. Some things can be modified to be vegan, like the Grilled Vegetable Sandwich at the Backlot Express in DHS.

For table service meals, just advise them when making the reservation, call ahead that day, and remind them when checking in that a member of the party requires a vegan meal be prepared. They should be able to accommodate and I've heard that sometimes the rest of the party is jealous of the custom creation made by the chef.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm vegan

and have no problems. I check "other" for an allergic condition on our ADR's and most hosts/hostesses are relieved when we tell them we are vegan.

That being said:

Tusker House always has vegan items on its buffet. The chef will come and walk it with your daughter to let her know which items are vegan.

At Teppan Edo, they will fix her vegetables first, before any meat is put on the grill.

Saana has a vegan menu.

I would guess that Boma also has vegan items, but I haven't eaten there since I stopped eating animals.

Tangine Cafe has vegan items, hummus, tabbouleh, etc.

There is a Babycakes at Downtown Disney. They are vegan.

Breakfast is a bit harder. I stick with oatmeal and fruit.
    Page aka sorarail

Always apply a joyful mind and live with a joyful heart!

FW - May '15 (in our new Airstream!!)
    YCR - November '13
    POR - April '12
    ASM - January '11
    YCR - November '08
    AKL - November '03
    CB - November '01
    Poly - Christmas '98
    Offsite '92
    Offsite '79

Post Thanks / Like

The chef at Jiko's (not sure if she's still there) is a vegan and made some amazing stuff for me when I went several years ago.

The others mentioned below are some of my places I go. Both Boma and Ohana have vegan options, or did last I was there for breakfast.

Otherwise, I've seen chefs come out at any of the table service in the parks to help you. A couple of memorable ones:

CSR - they made me an amazing 'vegetable flight" when I asked for vegetarian options

Canada @ Epcot - the chef came out personally to my table and he asked me what things I couldn't eat.

Most places are also very amenable to 'mixing' things. If you say 'I want this sauce on that food or change this side' I've never had an issue. I am very careful however at quick serve as most of that is not as flexible, and what may look vegan/veggie is often not (*cough* China, *cough*)

Good luck!
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This is only the Magic Kingdom, but I hope it helps a little.

http://www.intercot.com/interactive/...2012/11-01.asp
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: