Quantcast I never thought it would happen....KidCot stations...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I never thought it would happen....KidCot stations...

My boys who are 4.5 and 6 never cared a bit about the KidCot stations in EPCOT.
    And suddenly they are really getting into it. Getting into the countries, the customs, the languages. It is awesome!

My oldest is actually autistic and he has always been fascinated with maps and such. So he has really grasped the "worldliness" of EPCOT. We got him a passport and were able to get 5 countries done last visit. He LOVED it!!!

I am so excited! I do "date days" with my sons there. I take one at a time so we can enjoy it together and do whatever they want. And they are so into picking EPCOT, watching the movies, talking to the people. Yay!! I love it because EPCOT is my favorite park!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! I know disney really makes an effort to make specials visits for everyone even at an "adult park". It makes me so sad when people go to wdw and completely overlook Epcot (we had friends do that recently).. whenever I picture myself in Florida I picture myself at Epcot! everytime!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

So glad that your sons are into the Epcot experience and that you get to enjoy trips with them there.

When we took our son on his forst trip, people told us to skip Epcot because he'd find it boring at age 3. He loved it. I think that everyone has to find something that helps them relate to the countries. For our son it was the food. Sounds like the kidcot stations were what appealed to your guys.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the food is amazing. I've been going to WDW for nearly 15 years. EPCOT has always been my favorite, and I always hoped when I had children they would discover the love too. And now that they have!

I've also found honestly that it's one of the best places to teach about differences in culture and tolerance for one another. Love it!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it takes a few for young kids to like Epcot. I used to dislike epcot until I was 8 years old then I started to like it a lot as I became fascinated with World Showcase.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! My kids loved Epcot once they got into the Kidcot stops, too. We got them a new passport each year for a while. They loved when the Kidcot CMs would write their names in their language. I know one of them even used it for show and tell at school once.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is our boys favorite park! My oldest, in particular, couldn't care less about MK, even on his first trip when he was only 5.

That's cool that your kids are into it now, so you can spend much more time there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Epcot is our boys favorite park! My oldest, in particular, couldn't care less about MK, even on his first trip when he was only 5.

That's cool that your kids are into it now, so you can spend much more time there.
    Exactly!

Yes, David LOVED when the Japanese CM workers did his name in their native writing! He just looked at it all day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Add my boys to the group of kiddos that love Epcot. They are 13 and 11 now, but Epcot has always been one of their favorite parks. They could spend whole days in WS without getting board.

My nephews on the other hand just don't "get it". They are same ages as my boys. They were planning for their recent trip and my SIL asked me, "What will the kids do, ride Soarin and TT all day? That's all they like in Epcot".
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Add my boys to the group of kiddos that love Epcot. They are 13 and 11 now, but Epcot has always been one of their favorite parks. They could spend whole days in WS without getting board.

My nephews on the other hand just don't "get it". They are same ages as my boys. They were planning for their recent trip and my SIL asked me, "What will the kids do, ride Soarin and TT all day? That's all they like in Epcot".
    I hear that a lot too. I don't get it. There is so much to do, so many shows, so many undiscovered things. It's such a great place and opportunity for teaching!

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully, my DS (9yo) loves EPCOT. We have to stop at all of the Kidcot stations and lunch is always at the Tangierine Cafe. He loves the lamb! My husband and I are big fans of EPCOT so we really appreciate our child enjoying the park so much.
    May 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2015 - Disney Cruise Line - Fantasy
    July 2014 - PO Riverside Royal Guest
    July 2013 - Polynesian
    Sepy 2000 & Mar 2012 - PO French Quarter
    May 2010 & Aug 2016- POP Century
    Aug 2007 - PO Riverside AB
    Aug 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2008 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

My girls are 13 and 18 and we still love to stop at the Kidcot stations if they're not busy. The CMs there have the most fasincating stories from their countries. Our favorites are Norway and Canada.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

My kids, who were 7, 5, and 1 loved the Kidcot stations. But not nearly as much as the Phineas and Ferb Adventures.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    My kids, who were 7, 5, and 1 loved the Kidcot stations. But not nearly as much as the Phineas and Ferb Adventures.
    I may need to try that next. Do you think that would hold an almost 5 year old's attention?

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't done the Phineas and Ferb adventure yet (looking forward to that in August), but my son loved the Kim Possible adventures. It was one of the highlights of our trips. He can still take or leave the Kidcot stations.
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!
    DVC Member Since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Confession time....

I'm an adult and I do the kidcot stations and I don't even have kids!!

It's fun to sit down in color (can't do that at work) and relax during vacation.
    Nov88off/Nov89Poly/May91Poly/Nov92 Poly/Dec93Doubletree/Nov94Poly/Nov95 Contemp/Aug 96 Swan&Dolphin/Sep 99 Portofino Bay /Dec 99 GF/Apr 01 Disneyland Paris 1 day visit/Dec 02 GF/Nov 03 Grand Californian/Dec 04 GF/Dec 05 Dec 06 Poly/Dec 07 GF/Nov 09 Nov 10 Poly/Nov 11 Poly/Nov 12 Poly/Nov 13 GF

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good confessions! Heck, I sit down with my boys and color in coloring books with them!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: