Quantcast Mad Men - Season 6 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I keep waiting for Bert Cooper to have a heart attack. When he was begging Harry and Pete to stop fighting I was thinking "Oh no, here it comes!"
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, finally some real action! Good to see some fire back in Don's belly. The merger should certainly spice things up and it will be nice not to have to cut back and forth between the two companies. Peggy didn't seem too happy about it though. Speaking of Peggy, for being such a strong career woman, they sure make her weak in the knees for practical any guy who shows interest in her! She moved to a sketchy "up and coming" neighborhood with Abe just because he said he could picture them raising their kids together there, and then they aren't even fully moved in when she starts day dreaming about Ted. (Man, there was some heavy foreshadowing on that one, so can't say I was surprised). Still.

Joan- Loved how she told off Don. He makes so many unilateral decisions which affect other people, some good, some bad, but certainly in bad taste to not consult others.

Poor Pete. The episode description said Pete had an "awkward encounter." I think that's about as awkward as you can get. And how stupid is he to go yapping all about the money he's going to make. Trudy is going to try to take him to the bank in that divorce. Have to say, definitely laughed when he fell down the stairs. Oh, Pete.

I want to try a glass of what Bert wanted...Spirits of Elderflower???
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I didn't get Joan's reaction. I'd have thought she'd at least be relieved. She couldn't stand the creep, and it was always awkward for her when he was in the office. In the end, it got her the partnership. And to go off on Don, the one person who really did care for her in that situation? Don couldn't stand the guy because of Joan. I don't know...misplaced anger on her part? Oh, and if they don't clue Don in on their plans for the company going public, how was he supposed to know? Pete's one to talk and get upset.

Poor Peggy. Worked so hard to break away from Don, and here she is back again, same office space and everything. You could feel her disappointment. I do like we'll see her back with Stan and Ginsberg though. I hope they drop this Ted thing quick though.

I enjoyed a break from the Don-Sylvia thing. I like when we see Don get fired up like this, and it's almost always work related when we do.
    Last edited by Melanie; 05-06-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

While her anger may have been a bit misguided, I think she was right in calling him out for being selfish and thinking about the "I" before the "we." Bert also called him out on that before, as well. We've seen this season how hard she's worked but never gets the respect she deserves because everyone knows what she did to get the partnership. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a good life for your kid, and Don's rash actions have at least temporarily ruined that. (add Pete losing Vicks and the company is starting to reel). Don had a bad attitude towards Herb because of what happened with Joan, but it was Herb ogling Megan that sent him over the top. When he can't stand someone, he never behaves properly. And remember, when he told Joan not to do it, it was already too late. Of course she couldn't stand him, but having Jaguar put the company on the map, so she got through it.

Not sure why all the partners weren't in on the public offering but remember they sold the company to Putnam Powel and Lowe previously without Don knowing (I think he was in California)? Seems to be a theme of secrets throughout the series.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Also remember Joan likes to be seen as a strong woman, and has never liked other people fighting her battles, taking care of her etc. She lashed out at Peggy when she fired the guy who was rude to Joan and made lewd pictures of her (I forget his name).
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Maryanne. I love Joan, but I'm on Don's side with this one. Like he said, clients come and go, and sometimes you just have to know when to let go.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are all being selfish in their own way. Don is selfish because he doesn't like to compromise who/what he is when he doesn't like someone but he will do it in some circumstances. In this case though I think he has been very consistent. He wasn't in favor of Joan sleeping Herb to get the account. He wasn't in favor of Herb leering at Joan every time he came in. He wasn't in favor of Herb trying to run the ad campaign in his favor. I think asking some else to write copy was just the final straw. And really should Herb expect anything else different from Don? Especially without Roger there.

I think Joan was really thinking about the money. Peter has said her shares would be worth a million dollars. That was a lot of money then and Joan has already shown she is willing to compromise for money/position. I'm sure it also made her feel like everything she did was a waste. She compromised and now they still had nothing.

I wish I could say I was surprised about the merger but I was reading something else on EW online and saw the title of the recap. I really don't mind spoilers but come on. Mentioning "merge" in the title was a bit much.

I like the merger. It should bring a lot more spice to the season and hopefully keep more emphasis on the office life. I'm with both of you on being glad there was less time spent on the affair this week.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Maryanne. I love Joan, but I'm on Don's side with this one. Like he said, clients come and go, and sometimes you just have to know when to let go.
    We're certainly free to agree or disagree on whether or not she was right to say what she said, but I do think the obvious point was being made that Don eventually gets his way with few repercussions, and often, it's out of luck (as he said to the Doctor). He sacked Herb/Jaguar with no plan in place and was lucky to have Roger come along with a new opportunity.

He didn't want Jaguar *that* way, it always bothered him, and when he finally couldn't take the slimeball anymore, he cut ties without consulting the rest of them. It may have been time to move on, true, but it was a rash decision. Joan on the other hand, gained the most financially from Jaguar, (but perhaps lost the most reputation-wise) now feels like it was all for nothing. And who knows where her place will be in the merger (a fact that she did not know at the time of her freak out).

Peggy risked it all to stand up to Don and leave him to start fresh at a different company, where she had authority and respect from her boss. Don didn't want to lose her. Now, he has her back.

And don't get me started on Megan acting out the lyrics to "Wives and Lovers." I really enjoyed this episode, but it was heavy handed on continuing the theme of men having all the power, which we've seen a lot this season, especially with Joan.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think they are all being selfish in their own way.
    Yes, this is another theme we've been seeing this season... it goes hand in hand with the cost of success.

I like the merger. It should bring a lot more spice to the season and hopefully keep more emphasis on the office life. I'm with both of you on being glad there was less time spent on the affair this week.
    I agree, I'm so over the affair. I'm hoping for some real fireworks with the merger... I just don't see everyone getting along as one big happy family!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are all being selfish in their own way. Don is selfish because he doesn't like to compromise who/what he is when he doesn't like someone but he will do it in some circumstances. In this case though I think he has been very consistent. He wasn't in favor of Joan sleeping Herb to get the account. He wasn't in favor of Herb leering at Joan every time he came in. He wasn't in favor of Herb trying to run the ad campaign in his favor. I think asking some else to write copy was just the final straw. And really should Herb expect anything else different from Don? Especially without Roger there.
    Yes, this!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    We're certainly free to agree or disagree on whether or not she was right to say what she said, but I do think the obvious point was being made that Don eventually gets his way with few repercussions, and often, it's out of luck (as he said to the Doctor). He sacked Herb/Jaguar with no plan in place and was lucky to have Roger come along with a new opportunity.
    And to me, Don Draper finally showed back up!

Post Thanks / Like

Classic Don, for sure. His impulsiveness leads to greatness but can also be his undoing.

The juxtaposition between Peggy and Joan was also purposeful, I think. Joan lashes out and speaks her mind, whereas Peggy clearly holds back her real thoughts. In both cases Don was overly pleased and felt the others should be as well.

There was so much going on in this episode. Definitely going to need to watch it again!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I missed him! I like power trip Don the best. He's sexy!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Agreed! I've missed him too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Agreed! I've missed him too.
    It's the power of his... errr... smile... yes, that smile
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Any guesses on the new agency name?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Any guesses on the new agency name?
    Too Many Chiefs.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Too Many Chiefs.
    Hahah, I like it! Here's a few I've seen suggested by others
    -Drop the dead and soon to be dead guys, and become SCDCC
    - Add Pete Campbell to the name and make it SDC4
    -Draper & Co (Everyone else watches from the sidelines)

I'd like to think they buck the trend, drop all the names, and come up with a catch-all, something along the lines of XYZ Creative. The egos are probably too big for that, though.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

-Draper & Co (Everyone else watches from the sidelines)
    Right?

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's episode was a little... odd...
    A few thoughts/moments that stood out:
    -The affair is over(yay for me, those scenes were getting more and more awkward); will there be repercussions?
    -In the fight,Arnold was yelling about going to Minnesota. Mayo Clinic?
    -Burt Peterson fired AGAIN!!
    -Pete's mom
    -Ted/Don rivalry (loved the dialogue on the plane), Peggy lecturing Don over his behavior.
    -Bob Benson: WHO IS HE REALLY?! There's gotta be something going on there.
    -Interesting how they played the Bobby Kennedy assassination. Guess they didn't want another whole episode to revolve around a shocking death, but we may see more discussion in upcoming episodes, especially with Peggy who has now said quite a few times that she liked Bobby Kennedy. Loved the artistic decision of playing the news soundbites against Lover and Friend's "Reach Out of The Darkness." Matt Weiner has said that absolutely the closing songs are chosen with precision. Here are the truncated lyrics:
    I think it's so groovy now
    That people are finally getting together
    I thinks it's wonderful and how
    That people are finally getting together

Reach out in the darkness
    And you may find a friend

I knew a man that I did not care for
    And then one day this man gave me a call
    We sat and talked about things on our mind
    And now this man he is a friend of mine

Reach out in the darkness
    And you may find a friend
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching. Peggy! She's like the only person there that can tell Don off and get away with it. I'm loving her this season, and love that she and Joan were happy to be together again.

Yeah, what is up with Bob? Something stinks there, and can't wait to find out what it is.

The stuff with Pete's mom really hits home with me. Sad. Seems like Pete is getting ready to snap.

Where is Dawn?

And Don. I really do hope all that is over with Sylvia and she and Arnold move far, far away. Don is so messed up and that got uncomfortable last night.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: