Quantcast Earliest DME Pickup @ Resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Earliest DME Pickup @ Resort?

Hi all - I know that DME doesn't begin service at MCO until 5 am - taking guests from the airport to respective resorts.

But what is the earliest pickup at a resort for the return trip back to MCO?

I just got our departure day flight changed (by the airline) from 9 am to 7:30 am.

Even if we got pickup at 6 am, I think we would be hard-pressed to ensure we could still make our flight.

Has anyone done an early-early morning DME pickup and made a 7:30 am or earlier flight?
    1981- WDW/offsite
    2005 - WDW/Pop Century & PO-Riverside
    2010 - WDW/Pop Century & Coronado Springs
    2012 - DLR/offsite
    2013 - WDW/Pop Century
    2016 - WDW ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DME actually operates 24/7. Both from the airport and from the resorts. When you make your reservation, they want your flight info so they can schedule the appropriate number of buses and drivers.

Regardless of the time of your flight from MCO, DME will schedule your pick-up from the resort approx 3 hours prior. So for a 7:30am flight, they'll pick you up at 4:30am. You don't get a choice. If you miss that 4:30am bus, there may not be another one scheduled for your resort for some time, and even then, you may not be allowed to board the bus as they may be full.

I once had a 6:00am flight from MCO, and yes, they picked me up at 3:00am. I was the only one on the bus.

What you can't do that early is use the airline check-in service. THAT doesn't open until 5:00am, and you have to check your luggage with them no less than 3 hours before your flight. They are very strict about that 3 hour time frame. But all that means is that you take your luggage on the bus with you and check it in at the airport.

Just make sure that DME has the most current information about your flight.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I've been picked up at 4AM before.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering this very exact thing. Our flight departs MCO at 7:52, and I am thinking maybe we just call Quicksilver and have them take us. I think it's totally worth it. That way we can decide when to be picked up. I don't anticipate a back-log of people when we arrive at the airport at 6 am on a Monday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Joy! I can hardly wait to wake the kids up at 3:30 to catch the 4:30 DME!!

Let's see if I can arrange for a later flight time today!!
    1981- WDW/offsite
    2012 - DLR/offsite
    2013 - WDW/Pop Century
    2016 - WDW ?

Post Thanks / Like

Early flights are not too good with DME. You have to be out there about 3:15 minutes before the schedule time. We have changed our touring plans where we fly home at night and have the next day off work for recuperation, get laundry done, and be ready for work.

Our last day usually consists of hitting 1 park early in the morning, getting everything we want done by noon, eat lunch where we want, and relax at the pool until it is time to get to DME. The pool facilities have showers you can use to clean up before you head out as well. The good thing is you can wear out your kids before the flight so they sleep on the way back.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We always return late in the day, catch DME late afternoon. I would hate to have to get up at 3am as my last day of vacation.

I have no issues getting up at 3am to go on vacation though!!!

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Ugh . . .

Eyah . .they pick up at ANY hour.

Our 7am international flight had us picked up at 2:30am. We got to the airport an hour BEFORE the airline desk even opened.

Let me tell ya, there is nothing open at that hour of the morning either. Ugh . . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input... I talked to the airline today and got another mid-morning flight!

Even so, it's nice to know we still could have made the flight via DME if we had to!
    1981- WDW/offsite
    2012 - DLR/offsite
    2013 - WDW/Pop Century
    2016 - WDW ?

Post Thanks / Like

On a similar note..we are wanting to catch an evening flight for our October trip which has us getting in pretty late into MCO..instead of paying the hight cost for the night at AKL we were thinking of staying at the Hyatt there at MCO for that first night and getting up early and then catching the DME into AKL..will they let us on the bus in the morning(if we have our own luggage) even though our flight came in the night before?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    ...will they let us on the bus in the morning(if we have our own luggage) even though our flight came in the night before?
    They will. And it won't be a problem at all. But you'll still need to call DME and book the reservation. As a Disney Resort guest you are entitled to a trip from the airport to your resort and a trip from your resort to the airport. It doesn't have to be in that order (trust me, I've done it backwards) and it doesn't have to be on the day of arrival and departure (done that too).

DME is very accomodating, but you need to let them know what your plans are so arrangements can be made. Just showing up and expecting to get on a bus right away isn't the best of plans.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

When we have had an early morning flight and didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn (especially on a weekend day) we did take a limo to the airport and it was worth it. On a week day and fighting commuter traffic, I don't know if I would risk it though.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    we are wanting to catch an evening flight for our October trip which has us getting in pretty late into MCO..instead of paying the hight cost for the night at AKL we were thinking of staying at the Hyatt there at MCO for that first night
    Yes, you can do this without a problem at all. You do need to get your luggage though. One thing to note though is that the Hyatt is about $250+ a night. You can go to the Negotiator site and get a room at a 4* hotel by the airport for about $50 for the night. Another good thing is there are great restaurants right in walking distance of most of those hotels. Also, if their bus is not super crowded when they bring you to the airport in the morning, they may drop you right off at DME as well.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: