Quantcast POP Century

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default POP Century

Hi all,
    One week from today we are checking into POP Century for a long weekend visit. First time staying there so we are very excited and hope POP does not disappoint. We like staying at different resorts in Disney each time we go to visit. Do most of you do the same or do you find the resort you like and stay there each visit.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've made it a goal to stay in every Disney resort at least one night. We're arriving this Sunday and after this trip will only have Contemporary and AKL still to go. We have favorites, but really like to try them all.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to stay at my favorite, Grand Floridian, but I like to move around and try new things, too. Sometimes we stay at the Poly. Sometimes we try something new to us. It seems when we try something new, it usually doesn't live up to our favorite.

But I have to add that I stayed at Pop Century for a recent solo trip (ICOT15) and I really liked it. It was comfortable, clean, bright, fun, good bus service. I wouldn't mind staying there again. Try a King Cupcake from the bakery! Chocolate, banana, peanut butter, and bacon. Yum!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Each time I've stayed on property, I've stayed in a different location. I liked CBR so much, I'm having a difficult time accepting to move elsewhere!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

We like to try different Resorts. So far we have tried Pop, ASMovies, Coronado, and POFQ. We will probably never be able to try any Deluxe Resorts but that's OK so far the ones we tried were nice. The one we like best so far was POFQ.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Try a King Cupcake from the bakery! Chocolate, banana, peanut butter, and bacon. Yum!
    OMG...I just added this to my must try Disney Snack list...yes, I have a list...and this moved to the top.
    Bacon just makes everything better...The King was on to something...

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few other resorts I would like to try but it will mean more income for me to try them. I would like to stay at Wilderness Lodge and Poly some day.

I have stayed at POP as you can see from my signature it is my favorite next to Port Orleans Riverside. I guess I stay with what I like right now.

Happy planning and have a great trip...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

i like to bounce around a bit. it adds a uniqueness to each trip, but that being said I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of them again. aside from one issue at ASMusic, I have always had a great time. But even they would get a 2nd chance..
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Ive stayed at diff ones, usually on a trip i stay at 2 or even 3 diff ones to experience them. the only ones i havent are DVC and the high $$$ like Poly and GF
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

POP is my go-to resort! In fact, I've never stayed anywhere else. It's got great themes, nice rooms, and the bus service rocks. I've taken buses to and from other resorts, and none of them compare to POP. The only thing I don't love is the bathroom size. Quite small, even when I'm the only one in the room. But other than that, enjoy!!!!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I love POP! I have stayed there twice and once at All Stars Music. This trip with my mom, since we are saving so far in advance, we will be trying POFQ. At least at the moment that is what we are thinking about trying, it may change in the next couple of month.
    888 miles from the happiest place on Earth!

2013 - POFQ
    2008 - Pop Century
    2005 - All Stars Music
    2004 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

i love the pop, will be there Feb. 1st.
    I think my favorite is All-Star Sports. but it's not available this trip.
    I have stayed at all the values but the Movies.
    I would love to stay at one of the fancier resorts, but can't afford it.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at POP our first two trips, but we decided to try out the other resorts too. So far Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary are my favorites with AKL a close second. However, I really really do like POP and can see us staying there again in the future.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, but it's really the big question for every WDW trip, both for choosing resorts and restaurants: Go with old favorites, or try something new? For restaurants, I like to mix it up, do some old favorites, including must-do traditions like Crystal Palace for breakfast, and then trying new things.

As for resorts, I want to try them all, yet a part of me would be happy to stay at Wilderness Lodge every trip. Unfortunately, what often drive the decision is economics. We haven't been able to afford a Deluxe, and this most recent trip we stayed 14 days, which meant Value for sure. Thankfully, the wonderfully themed Pop Century, which you mentioned in your thread title, was the perfect option for this trip. We absolutely loved it, and the proximity of AoA made it feel, aside from using that pool, like we had two resorts for the price of one!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

We do like to venture out and try new resorts. But POP is my go to resort. If I cannot get a good deal on another resort, we stay at POP (unless its full price, of course) I hate paying full price on anything.

I think of all the resorts we have stayed...AKL is my favorite.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default check out my signature lol

we are a pop family !!!! went to music our 1st stay then to off property and one to Saratoga springs (Disney gave it to us for pop price, promo for stay and play 4 nights get 3 free with free dining WOW) Missed pop on that trip. so with that said we will be there on feb 2th. our original rese was for AoA single room and changed it to POP couldn't help myself just like the feeling of knowing where everything is and it feels like home. Have a great trip

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

A combination of both. I enjoy staying at the Beach Club so Ive stayed there often but I also like to try different resorts now that Im a DVC member.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loved Pop

Me and my daughter stayed at Pop, in the preferred area 60s, our balcony overlooked the main pool. I didn't have any issue with noise like I have heard some others say...but maybe we were so tired upon returning from the parks that we slept right through it! I definitly liked that area, so close to the main building...The only other resorts I have stayed in were Saratoga Springs (which I didn't care for), and Carribean Beach Resort(which was very nice,but many years ago). Our next trip is for French Quarter...can't wait. You will love Pop, so many things going on, and the service was great.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be staying at Pop for the first time in Feb. I am really excited to experience this resort. From the comments above, it seems like a nice place. I'm so excited about our trip!
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are a combination. We started out trying every resort, then found some favorites, got comfortable and started doing more repeat visits at our favorite resorts. We find ourselves at the Epcot area resorts a lot.

I do still try to add in new ones. This year AOA, Boardwalk Inn and Caribbean Beach Resort were new to us. We still need to stay at the Grand Floridian , Saratoga Springs, the DVC part of Boardwalk and Wilderness and the All Stars.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: