Quantcast Enchanted Tiki Room

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Enchanted Tiki Room

I just learned that the Enchanted Tiki Room is no longer " Under New Management" HOORAY!
    Im very glad it back to just the Tiki Birds instead of with Iago and Zazu.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney View Post
    I just learned that the Enchanted Tiki Room is no longer " Under New Management" HOORAY!
    Im very glad it back to just the Tiki Birds instead of with Iago and Zazu.
    I liked both versions.

On many threads discussing the change of the show, I've seen a lot of posts from guests who find the "new" (nearly original) version of the show too "slow and boring."

No way for Disney to please everyone on this attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! I'm one of the people who had only known the "new" version, and finds the "old" version just terrible ... I guess it is all what you're used to and expect.

No more singing birds for us!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This is just one of those attractions that I can not get into. I found it to be dated and boring.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, well I for one will be more than happy to sing like the birdies sing......without the horrid, crass overlay.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed both. The girls got a kick out of the whole Iago thing, but seemed to like the "new" version.

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Tiki Room. It is my happy place. I don't sit thru it everytime I'm there..but when I'm feeling down and need some comfort, it is the Tiki Room I seek.
    I never had to endure the "New Management"...I don't think I would have enjoyed it. Lago annoys me greatly!
    I want to go where the Birds sing words and the Flowers croon...

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in September 2012 and did not know they had changed back. Even though originally I enjoyed the update, after seeing it over and over, it had become tedious. I found it pleasantly refreshing to see it had returned to the birds.
    Life is always better when you mix in a little MOUSE
    1981 1986 1990 2000 2003 off site
    1994 1998 All Star Music,
    2002 All Star Movies,
    2004 2005x2 2012 2013 2019 POR
    2007 2012 2014 2016 2019 Pop
    2008 ASMu Suites
    2014 2017 CBR
    2015 AoA Cars
    2017 AKLx2
    2018 Grand Canyon

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago i took my much younger cousins to DL.
    I live in Kansas City, and they all are from San Diego. So my family had driven to San Diego, with me doing most of the driving. by the time we got there, we slept a few hours and headed to DL. I was pumped to go to go the Tiki. It just brought back good memories of my youth.
    My cousins were not interested at all, but went w/ me to the show anyway.
    Now understand, I had been driving for 2 days, hadn't had much sleep, and had some other stressful situations. So we sit in the Tiki room and in the air conditioning I fell fast asleep.
    To this day, they don't remember me taking to DL or the many things i bought them, they remember i fell asleep in the Tiki room....it comes up often in family gatherings when i look tired or something, "hey you should go get some sleep, try the tiki room"... it's kind of funny.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I first saw the Tiki Room at DL in 1968. It was magical and it's never been the same since. New or old Mgt. Maybe it has something to do with my age.....
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

I took our kids from the group of 3rd-6th graders we brought with our church this summer to the Tiki Room, and I practically faced a mutiny afterwards from far more than half of them. It just goes to show how much you either love or hate this ride!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I was so happy to see the "original" version back in action! I love the Tiki Room!!!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish they do something about all that bird poo.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

This past Oct was the first time I've actually watched the show It was really cute!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

The new/old version is quite dull now. My kids were mad becaue Iago was gone, and it was boring to the adults.

It's become the Universe of Energy of MK.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    The new/old version is quite dull now. My kids were mad because Iago was gone, and it was boring to the adults.

It's become the Universe of Energy of MK.

This attraction is *classic* Walt. It was *the* original Audio-Animatronics show at Disneyland. I *love* this version over the "New Management" show. I dunno. I just couldn't stand Gilbert Gottfried's screaming.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post

This attraction is *classic* Walt. It was *the* original Audio-Animatronics show at Disneyland. I *love* this version over the "New Management" show. I dunno. I just couldn't stand Gilbert Gottfried's screaming.

I'm so glad the original show is back. The last time I was at Disneyland, I sat through the show several times, each time enjoying a Dole Whip, and loved every minute of it.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I for one enjoyed both versions whole-heartedly. I grew up with the Under New Management version -- so I'm partial to it. However, now that I'm older and have seen the classic at Disneyland in California... I would have preferred if the original stays in Disneyland and the Iago & Zazu version stayed in the Magic Kingdom. That way, they'd at least be different.

I guess I would've enjoyed the old show returning to Florida more if they would have put back the *WHOLE* show, instead of just most of it. I was almost shocked to find out that they edited the musical track and didn't put the enchanted fountain back in the center of the room!

I bet'cha ten bucks that Uh-Oa (I think that's how it's spelt?), the Tiki Godess of Disaster animatronic is still residing in that central planter. Of course, I could be wrong. What about the secondary Iago animatronic that would pop out of the wall near the exit when the show was concluding? I wonder if he's still back there....... *sigh*

I actually haven't seen the old version's return to the Magic Kingdom personally yet. Does anybody know what they did with Iago & Zazu's entrance holes in the roof? Are the completely removed and sealed now? Any pictures of the changes online at all? I'd be interested in seeing them!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    I guess I would've enjoyed the old show returning to Florida more if they would have put back the *WHOLE* show, instead of just most of it. I was almost shocked to find out that they edited the musical track and didn't put the enchanted fountain back in the center of the room!

I bet'cha ten bucks that Uh-Oa (I think that's how it's spelt?), the Tiki Godess of Disaster animatronic is still residing in that central planter. Of course, I could be wrong. What about the secondary Iago animatronic that would pop out of the wall near the exit when the show was concluding? I wonder if he's still back there....... *sigh*

I actually haven't seen the old version's return to the Magic Kingdom personally yet. Does anybody know what they did with Iago & Zazu's entrance holes in the roof? Are the completely removed and sealed now? Any pictures of the changes online at all? I'd be interested in seeing them!
    The fountain was removed completely - all of the plumbing, electrical work, everything - to be replaced by Uh-Oa.

That secondary Iago over the doors, I believe, is the one that, uhhh...."exploded"...for real, and basically is what caused the "New Management" show to go "on hiatus". There are YouTube videos, but not sure of any current *pictures* of the openings being permanently sealed off.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

If you like to listen to Gilbert Gottfried yelling into a microphone, your opinion on entertainment becomes invalid.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: