Quantcast sort of "put off" by universal resort...again!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default sort of "put off" by universal resort...again!

OK, a bit of a vent from me!

Last Christmas we did 2 nights at hard rock hotel at Universal before our stay in Disney. I had a slight problem with my universal reservation. I had to cancel one night and was told I would lose my military discount by cancelling one night. They tried saying I had to have 3 nights booked for mil discount. I called, spoke to someone else who told me there was no minimum stay required. Eventually was able to keep discount after telling them I would gladly just stay in Disney for those two nights with a military discount instead. Suddenly they were able to "work it out" for me.

I called today to book two nights at hard rock for an upcoming trip. I was told there were no military rates available or for my dates. When I told him I wasn't going to book just yet because the prices were way more than I was expecting and it might be more cost effective to just stay at my disney resort for those two nights, miraculously he was able to "double check on those military discounts" and voila! it actually was available!

It just really burned me up that had I not decided to hold off on booking I would have paid full price when there was a discount, that I specifically asked for, available to me! That sort of thing just doesn't sit well with me.

Sorry so long, just needed to vent!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear that! We are thinking about going there for a few days over Spring Break, using military discounts. At least I know to push the issue a bit if they tell me the same thing. BTW, what kind of discount does Universal offer for the rooms?
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftwildernesskid View Post
    I hate to hear that! We are thinking about going there for a few days over Spring Break, using military discounts. At least I know to push the issue a bit if they tell me the same thing. BTW, what kind of discount does Universal offer for the rooms?
    Without discount it was $244 one night and $379 the next night. With military discount it was $177 first night and $279 second night.

I also asked if we could book 3 rooms with military discount like we can in Disney. We have family traveling with us and need 3 rooms total. I was told I could only book one room, but I am now wondering if that's accurate info?????

If the rest of our family decide it's just too pricey to stay in universal we may cancel and just add the two nights at disney on principle alone!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Poor training... Always get a manager on the phone and keep pushing up the level if you aren't getting satisfaction...

Did you call the number on their military page? Not sure if it is the same number for general guest service or if it is a special number... But, right on the website it says 4 day/3 night so whoever you spoke with was 100% wrong..

And don't forget about the free 3-day park to park ticket for active duty and retired service members:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Imag...cm13-29423.pdf

Here is the number to call about the military discounts for the vacation package: 1-888-340-4614... not sure if that is the number you called or not... The weird thing is, you mentioned Hard Rock... But only Royal Pacific comes up as the resort for the vacation package...

Were you just booking a room and not the package? You may wanna check into the package... May be cheaper in the long run...

http://www.universalorlandovacations...ode=unigeneric
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The package is for 3 nights, but I was booking a room only discount. The room only discount, both this year and last December, did not have a minimum night requirement. I am not looking into the package because we can't stay for the 3 nights and that is how their package is set up. We are aware of the free ticket for DH. Thanks the heads up tho!

I also don't think it's just poor training. When I first inquired about military I did get the feeling the guy had not even checked for it. He was way too quick to say "no military available for your stay". Didn't seem like he had time to even look. He seemed only concerned with getting me booked under full price as quickly as possible, and I felt he was trying to rush me into booking.

We have had excellent experiences once onsite, but I have never enjoyed the booking process with universal. I had looked into adding universal to a Disney trip long before potter ever opened and I remember the person I spoke with way back then was so rude we decided against universal at that time, and never considered it again till the opening of potter.

Not sure what we are going to do. We really enjoy the universal experience, and it's so much nicer when staying onsite. I just think if the rest of our travel party decide to stay on Disney property for those two nights we may do so as well.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Either way Denise, enjoy your trip... I sympathize with you... Dealing with people who either have no clue what they are talking about or are purposely trying to upsell is extremely frustrating... I just dealt with the Disney Movie Club over an issue I had with them a few months ago... Guess the training they were supposed to receive failed LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Either way Denise, enjoy your trip... I sympathize with you... Dealing with people who either have no clue what they are talking about or are purposely trying to upsell is extremely frustrating... I just dealt with the Disney Movie Club over an issue I had with them a few months ago... Guess the training they were supposed to receive failed LOL...
    Thanks! I know from past experience that once we arrive we will have a wonderful time! We really enjoy the full Universal experience so much more when onsite rather than just a day guest. The rest of our travel party have decided they want to stay at Universal so we are keeping our ressie.
    Denise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: