Quantcast dressing for the weather

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default dressing for the weather

I swear you would think I was a first time visitor or Mother. I am not, but it is the first time visiting with kids in Early December (We usually do the heat of September). Strmchaser says the time we are there 11/28-12/7 will be basically 73-78 degrees with little chance of rain. (We are from Northern CT... It's cold here.) But suddenly I have forgotten, is it comfy in shorts and a T-shirt in the 70's? it is... Right? And if we just pack a sweatshirt for early mornings and evenings we should be good (We wont be out late. Oldest kid is 8, we are usually back to the room by 7:30pm)... Good grief... I never secod guess myself, and now I don't know how to pack. If it were just me, I wouldnt care. I dont want the three kids to be too cold or too warm and have to listen to them complain all week. HELP! Anyone there now?
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Massachusetts so if it's 73 - 78 out, I would typically wear shorts and tees. If it goes much below 73, I'd be looking at jeans and possibly even a sweatshirt. If you get those temps, you should be fine with what you're planning. However, you do need to be prepared for colder temps as well. Your mornings could start out a bit chilly. On the other hand, you might find that shorts and tees is all that is needed throughout the day especially if you are back to your room early in the evening. We've even been able to spend a day at the pool at that time of year - though not always.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I've been stressing over this as well!
    We'll be there about that same time and now that we're wearing winter coats and gloves here in NY, I'm trying to remember what mid 50s feels like! Since we'll be staying out late, we'll have to be prepared for cool nights.

I'm bringing two pairs of long pants, 2 pairs of capris and 2 pairs of shorts. As for tops, a few t-shirts, some 3/4 sleeve shirts and a sweatshirt and fleece.

It's much easier to pack in the warm months when all you have to think about is shorts and sleeveless tops!
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Ill dress them in T's and shorts each day and just keep some leggings and a light pair of pants for my son rolled up in a bag in the bottom of the bag we bring with the sweatshirts. It can just sit there all week if we are lucky, but if they are chilly I can always take them out and change them. My son is in diapers so we have to bring a bag anyway. 3 light pairs of kids pants wont add too much to it. Thanks!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it's shorts weather. The big thing to keep in mind here is the moisture. Just like 90 in Florida feels a lot worse because of the humidity, 70 can feel a little cooler. Especially at WDW. There's so much water around WDW that it will feel cooler in the evenings and mornings. Best thing to do is wear long pants and then have a sweatshirt or light jacket that you can put over a tshirt in the morning then you can take off as it warms up and put back on in the evenings. MK and Epcot, especially, tend to be cooler due to water.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do shorts and tees. I went out in shorts and a long sleeve shirt today to mk and I was chilled. Especially when you're on a tram or boat. I would recommend jeans / pants and a long sleeve shirt , and keep a jacket for when the sun starts going down (around 5 now)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last year the first week of December...I wouldn't wear shorts. Capris, jeans, 3/4 sleeves or tee shirts is what we wore. DEfinitely needed a jacket or sweatshirt for evening! Enjoy!
    '76--off site Sr. Trip
    '90--first trip with DS and DD...Poly
    '91--The Greens
    '93--POR
    '95--POR
    '98--WL
    '01--WL
    '04--DS's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '06--DD's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '07--BC for our 25th anniv.
    '08--POR...8/13-8/18 CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What's the most likely is that long pants and sweaters are required at breakfast and supper but lunch will be warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. Especially for active kids (while I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and jacket ).

The 8 yr old (girl) in our family wears capris alot in this type of weather. With a light jacket or sweater over a t-shirt and socks on her feet, she is plenty warm enough, even in the upper 50s. She's likely to ditch the socks with the sweater as the day warms up, and yet still be comfortable in the capris.

If your 8 yr old is a boy, capris won't work.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I think if depends on how cold tolerant your kids are. My daughter does not mind the cold at all especially on her legs and is still wearing short and tees but has been wearing a light jacket at the coolest part of the day.

My son has been wearing pnts to school for the last 2 weeks and I moved to crop pants and 3/4 tees or a sweatshirt.

One thing to take into consideration is that the high usually hits between noon and five. It has been much cooler at night so it is not unusual to have 60s in the morning and once the sun how's down.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

What is comfortable will really vary from person to person. We will be there the same time as you. It's our first December trip, but the forecast is similar to what we've experienced in February trips and aside from a couple of cold days, we've been in the 70's at home in Oklahoma lately. I don't consider it shorts weather. I will wear pants, tees, and a lightweight jacket or hoodie that can be tied around the waist in the heat of the afternoon.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last week and I wore jeans almost every day. It was chilly in the morning and at night. Wore a sweatshirt and sometimes a fleece over the hoodie at night. DH & DD16 wore shorts and a sweatshirt.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that highs in the low to mid 70s can mean lows in the 50s, and that certainly isn't shorts weather (for most people )! That means if you're hitting the parks early it might be chilly enough for long pants and a jacket.

I'm paranoid enough that we don't even go in the summer without packing one pair of pants and a long-sleeve shirt. You just never know.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

OP, glad you asked this question as I am like you -- many trips under my belt (only 1 in Dec. and it rained the whole week) and we will be there the week before Christmas and I am concerned about what to pack! I will be keeping a close watch on what Stormchaser has to say since he is very accurate.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely not wear shorts. Even if the high is in the 70's, it may be 1 or 2 in the afternoon before it actually hits that temperature. It can easily be in the 50's in the morning and like someone else said, the humidity makes it seem colder. We were there in early November and the highs were supposed to be in the high 60's/low 70's. We packed jeans and t-shirts with light jackets/hoodies and there were definitely some mornings and evenings when we were a little chilly.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: