Quantcast When would you go?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When would you go?

We've only ever been able to take our Disney vacations during school breaks, and I'm really looking forward to going in the "off-season." DH and I love the MNSSHP, but I've always wanted to see (all of) Disney at Christmas.
    If you had the choice, which would you do? And when would you go to either? I'm looking for smaller crowds than we've experienced lately.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My two favorite times have always been October and the Week after Thanksgiving (starting the Sunday after). I just returned from my October trip.

That being said, I think I like the week after Thanksgiving the best now. We stay at the Beach Club and I happened to go on a week when they were having the big Gartner Symposium, although you don't notice the crowds in the park, I found the hotel quite busy. I also think because of the Food and Wine Festival, Epcot tends to be quite packed at night. We did the MNSSHP for the 4th or 5th time and I don't think we would do it again for a few years, it's great, don't get me wrong, but going as adults I have never quite been able to plan my time at the party and for what we do and see I can do that stuff on a normal day in the park. The parade and fireworks are great but for me that seems to be the only reaosn we pay to go to the party.

I really love Nov/Dec, the Christmas decorations are so beautiful. I've gone to the Christmas party many times so the next time I go I may skip that also.

The weather is not always predictable that time of year, I've gone when it was hot and great pool weather but then it's pretty chilly at night, but I've been prepared for the change of weather.

Hope this helps!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jeri Lynn, we love Christmas at Disney. We've done the Sunday after Thanksgiving a few times and really like that week. We also like the following week (2nd week of Dec) alot.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...we are leaving the Tuesday after thanksgiving and I was hoping for lower
    crowds...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas is an amazing time to go. It's just like having a little extra magic. However I would recommend going the first 2 to 3 weeks of December when the lights are up but the crowds are very minimal. A few days before christmas the parks get slammed through New Years.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be going against the grain here, but I want to be there when I can be in shorts. I do not want to go and have to wear a sweatshirt. If I had to choose, it would be in this order:

October 1 - up to Jersey week. Jersey week has larger crowds.

Week following Jersey week through the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

Sunday after Thanksgiving through the weekend before XMas.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Second week in December - lower crowds (it is nice to pull up on Splash Mountain and they let you just go again) - also after a rain got some great pics in World Showcase of the kids all alone on the street and with some of the cast members. Christmas items are out, cooler weather for the walks, Wilderness Lodge bell ringing....ahhh....

Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses! I played around with the prices yesterday, and we're going to make it our goal to spend the second week of December there next year. We'd have a couple of resort-hopping days, and then enough park days that we wouldn't feel like we were breaking our necks to see it all. I figured DH would put his foot down when I asked (he's currently unemployed, and though we aren't starving, we don't have a lot of "entertainment" money), but he was all about it. We spent a little while dreaming about surprising the kids last night. Now just to make it a reality!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yeah!!

WOOHOO! I know your DDs would LOVE IT!!!
    Paige Matthews "Princess from Tennessee"
    December 2008 Off Site
    October 2010 Pop Century
    September 2011 Pop Century
    December 2012 Pop Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: