Quantcast The Wave - Good food/bad service?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wave - Good food/bad service?

Is this accurate? We have ADRs for The Wave on April 30th. We have never eaten here, but it seems that most of the posts (or people i've just talked to about it) say that the food is good, but that the servers are less than exceptional.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Is this accurate? We have ADRs for The Wave on April 30th. We have never eaten here, but it seems that most of the posts (or people i've just talked to about it) say that the food is good, but that the servers are less than exceptional.
    We ( my lady friend and I ) eat there almost every trip. We use to eat at Cali Grill before we found the Wave.

We found the food at the Wave to be as good or better than Cali Grill, and for service we have never had a bad server.

I even go there with my daughters when we go down to WDW. They as well think the food and service is good.

Hope this helps and enjoy your meal...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We've only eaten here once. Food was good, nothing outstanding. If I never eat there again no big deal, but everything was good.

Service was good until the bill came. I had a question about a charge on the bill and he was just plain rude after that. Good thing it was at the end of our meal. Up until that point he was great.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten there once for breakfast. The buffet was great - best grits I have ever eaten. Our server was very attentive, but we had a later ADR & most of the breakfast crowd was gone, so we were one of very few tables she had. Still, very good service. Would love to eat there again!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

We did a last minute ADR at The Wave on our last trip and were pleasantly surpised. The food and service were great. I was concerned that the menu would not appeal to our kids, but the server worked with them to substitute the 'weird" sides with a more appealing alternative. Everyone enjoyed the meal and I thought the server went above and beyond to ensure we had an enjoyable meal.

As a side note, a family at another table had some sort of allergy issue during their meal; the attention they received from the staff (server, manager, chef) was nothing short of amazing. The family had a small child and did not speak much English, but everyone was smiling at the end.

I would say that your experience at any restaurant can vary from day to day, so the positive and negative reviews by others have to be balanced with what your expectations will be and who is working that day.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

We had breakfast there on Easter Sunday and the service and food were amazing...even with the big crowd.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Just had dinner there last week, found both the food and the service to be very good.

Individual experiences can always vary, but I really liked the lamb shank and had an very attentive and helpful server.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: