I have a favor to ask; can you spare some prayers and pixie dust for my 9 year old nephew William. He has Diamond Blackfan Anemia. It's a life threatening for of anemia and he's transfusion dependent. On top of that he's been sick for the past two weeks and the doctors can't figure out what's going on. He keeps running fevers, falls asleep at the drop of a hat and is extremely difficult to wake up and has intestinal/bowel issues going on. He's back at the hospital for the 5th or 6th time in the past two weeks. They've admitted him to run some tests, given him an IV to rehydrate him and who knows what else. He's already lost 3 pounds this week and he's only about 50 pounds soaking wet as it is.

He was actually saying he was hungry in the ER but they wouldn't let him have any food in case he's got to have an ultra sound. I told my sister to tell them to do the ultrasound NOW, before he even gets into a room so that the poor kid can eat something. If he's saying he's hungry, then he's hungry. He usually doesn't eat enough to keep a bird alive.

So any pixie dust and prayers that you can spare would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, and his part time daddy is oh so helpful-NOT! My 23 and 18 year old nephews have been stepping in to help watch William's 5 year old brother Justin! I am so glad my sister is divorced from that XXXX!