Quantcast Dolphins in Depth

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dolphins in Depth

Does the Dolphins in Depth tour include any interaction with the dolphins?
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyatic View Post
    Does the Dolphins in Depth tour include any interaction with the dolphins?
    Usually, yes, but they can't completely guarantee that. I don't know that I've ever heard of the dolphins balking at it, but it is possible and they don't force the dolphins to participate if the dolphins don't want to. You do get into the water for about 30 min up to your waste. They give you a wetsuit, but you bring your own swimsuit.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

And absolutely no jewelry of any kind anywhere on your body.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone that's ever done this shed some light on it? Details, opinions, cost, etc.?

I ask because I am going to WDW with my aging (65+) mother next spring, and she is adamant that she wants to do Discovery Cove. Now...since she is willing to foot the bill for us both, I am willing, but she is a non swimmer, and the majority of that park would be lost on her, I think.

Thinking I should try to sell her on going with this instead.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I did this in January. Strongly recommend booking this in advance via phone like DBF did. Surprisingly it sells out quickly and they do not do it every day and it is limited to now more than 7 people, and it's done once during the day that its scheduled so being as limited as it is it.s difficult to book. It is pricey. I forget how much DBF said he paid but it was close to $200.00 per person. I can get the exact cost and reply back with it for you. It is about three to four hours of a tour. You meet at the front entrance of Epcot in the early morning, I believe we had to be there about 9. They insist several times that you were no jewelry, perfumes. Bring your own bathing suits which will be worn under wet suits they provide. They will provide hair ties, you cannot wear your own. The tour starts at the entrance of the back area of the big tank. They show video, provide information regarding dolphins, show some training with a couple dolphins, that's most of the show. Then towards the last half hour they will bring you to interact with the dolphins. They bring you in the water about waist deep. We were fortunate enough to have all four dolphins that day, they explained sometimes there are only two. But we had a full crowd so they worked with us in two groups. Two dolphins each group. They showed some tricks and then would bring everyone forward and showed us certain hand motions to have the dolphins do tricks with whatever motion she gave us. They let us pet them. And, you will get soaked, lol. Not from going into the water but some of the tricks are a hoot! I love dolphins and this was on my bucket list. I would do this again in a heart beat! it was a great experience! I was so giddy and happy that day! Something I will never forget. If you have any specific questions feel free to inbox me or post here. I'm not sure what other info you would be curious about so I posted the basics.

One other thing is several times from when you book the reservation over the phone to about the ten times they tell you throughout the tour that they do not guarantee dolphin interaction. They explain that if for whatever reason the dolphins are being temperamental that day and are not being cooperative they do not force them. They tell you this so much DBF and I were like wow, this must happen often if they have to tell you this so many times, but we didn't have a single issue. And these dolphins were so excited to see people and to show of their skills that its even hard to imagine that they wouldn't be cooperative!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sooo much, that's perfect. It sounds like it probably costs just a little less than the day at Discovery Cove, but maybe might be a better choice for mom. "Swimming with dolphins" as she refers to it is on her bucket list.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    Thank you sooo much, that's perfect. It sounds like it probably costs just a little less than the day at Discovery Cove, but maybe might be a better choice for mom. "Swimming with dolphins" as she refers to it is on her bucket list.
    If its on her bucket list I say do it! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Wile you do not get to physically "swim" with the dolphins, I still think its actually better because it feels more personal the way they set it up.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16