Quantcast Baby Care Center

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Care Center

I had a question about the baby care centers. It mentions that there is a nursing area, is that area seperate from the rest of the baby care center. The reason I ask is because my husband was going to come with me while I was feeding our DS so I don't have to be alone so much during the day but I obviously don't want to make other mothers uncomfortable if he is with me. So I figured if it was all one open area then it wouldn't be a problem as I'm sure dad's use the baby care center as well so they are in and out anyway.

Just trying to plan ahead as much as possible to make the trip as smooth as possible for all those on our family trip.

Thanks for your help!
    Mar. '04- Spring Break~ Pop Century
    Sept. '07- Honeymoon~ AKL
    Oct. '08- Coronado Springs
    Christmas '10- Wilderness Lodge
    Nov. '12- PO: FQ
    Sept. '14- Caribbean Beach
    May '15- PO: Riverside
    Nov. '16- Coronado Springs
    Nov. '17- Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. '18- 1st Trip as DVC Owner- Boulder Creek

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The nursing area is inside the baby care center and I am not completely sure as I never went into the nursing area (though have been in the baby care center several times) but I suspect that they would not want you husband in that area itself. However, there would be an air-conditioned area within the center to sit. If it is the Magic Kingdom he could also go get some food and sit nearby at the corner at Casey's.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I found a link with photo's of the centers. I will send you a message with the link.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I remember, the nursing area was with the high chairs and the tv area so your possible other kids can be entertained?

I nursed in them in '09. I don't remember many others nursing at the same time as me in that particular center. I would just have DH go in with you, and if there was another nursing mom there, he can just step out.

There are also many nice rides and quiet areas you can nurse thru out the parks.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a very long time for me.. although I did use the baby centers for heating food, I never used it for nursing. FYI - When it's hot this is a great stop! I thought there were separate curtained (private to you only) areas that you could use. If so, I would think your husband could join you.

Personally, I found I was able to nurse on the longer dark rides and pretty much everywhere else in the park with a very loose fitting shirt (just tucked him under) and a receiving blanket.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Nursing areas are separated from the rest of the Baby Care Center.

In MK the nursing area is one large room with several rockers and they have signage specifically stating nursing mothers only. The nursing area in Epcot is set up the same way. No men allowed.

In DHS they have individual rooms with a curtain for privacy, but they are tiny. Other than the one rocking chair already there you wouldn't have room to bring anyone else in.

AK also has private nursing rooms. They are a bit bigger than DHS and have an actual door instead of a curtain. However, there's only one rocker so while I guess your husband could squeeze in he would have to stand.

I like the Baby Care Center nursing areas because they have AC, dimmed lighting, and are typically quiet. It's a good place to get away from all the action if baby is feeling overwhelmed. However, you can't beat the convenience of a nursing cover and one of the many benches throughout each park. There is only one Baby Care Center in each park and they aren't always centrally located so it may be a bit of a pain to go there every time you want to nurse.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: