Quantcast Chase Lounge at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chase Lounge at Epcot

Has anyone been to this lounge for Disney Visa cardholders only during the F & W Festival? Its located on the 2nd floor of the F & W Festival building. What was it like & what info or freebies are avail to the cardholders?
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question - never heard of it but sure would like to know about it.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I think that this is the first year it's being offered. I say I think because I've got a Disney ViISA card, yet I never heard of this before this year. And I heard about it from these boards-I don't remember receiving anything about it from Chase.

Post Thanks / Like

I just recieved an email from Disney Chase about it. But I heard about it here in intercot first!!!
    Last edited by Kenny1113; 09-20-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Oops
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool. We will be in Epcot on the 30th and have to check this out. Last year they were supposed to have an internet lounge at the Odyssey but that never happened in the end. It's always nice to have a place to relax and cool down.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

oh great...we will definitely check this out and keep everyone posted. We leave on 9/26
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please do let us know how it is!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Food and Wine Festival building? DH got an email about this also, but was unable to open it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Chase Disney Debit is included, too??
    ºOº The Ziemer Family
    Chris, Chrissie, William & Hailey
    1989 Off Grounds (I was only 10]
    2001, 2003, 2005 ASM
    2006 POP
    2008 ASM
    Sept 2010 POR
    Oct 2012 AoA - Food & Wine Festival w/o kids!

Post Thanks / Like

Default For anyone who did not get the email

As a Disney’s Visa® Cardmember, you’ll receive access to the Chase Lounge during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.

This private location gives you and your Guests a chance to
    rest and relax and enjoy a refreshing beverage during the Festival. Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.

See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover’s paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.

1. By entering and using the Chase Lounge, attendees agree to abide by all rules of the Chase Lounge and to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Failure to do so may lead to expulsion from the Chase Lounge. Participants agree to release and hold harmless the officers, directors, employees, agents, and assigns of Walt Disney World® Resort, Chase Bank USA, N.A. and their respective successors, and affiliates, from any and all liability or damage of any kind resulting from or arising from the use or misuse of the Chase Lounge. Cardmembers can visit the Chase Lounge from 9 am-7 pm during the Festival to enjoy the complimentary amenities as long as capacity allows. Separate Theme Park admission required. Each Cardmember may only bring 9 guests into the Chase Lounge.
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Disney View Post
    I wonder if Chase Disney Debit is included, too??
    You are included I called and inquired about both cards
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
    You are included I called and inquired about both cards
    Thanks for the update!
    ºOº The Ziemer Family
    Chris, Chrissie, William & Hailey
    1989 Off Grounds (I was only 10]
    2001, 2003, 2005 ASM
    2006 POP
    2008 ASM
    Sept 2010 POR
    Oct 2012 AoA - Food & Wine Festival w/o kids!

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about this too. We will be there next week, probably hit Epcot on Thursday - will try and get pic's loaded up by Saturday.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNS View Post
    What is the Food and Wine Festival building? DH got an email about this also, but was unable to open it.
    The old Wonders of Life Pavillion located farthest left when you enter the park in Future World. It is right near Ellens Energy Adventure. It's where all the low cost seminars and festival wines are located.
    DVC Owner BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Chase Lounge yesterday. They have hot and cold beverages, free wifi, candies and wristbands for preferred seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts and Illuminations. They say to get there early for the wristbands because they are limited. There are also couches to relax on.
    DVC Owner BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We were there on Friday (opening day) and they were NOT ready for primetime. We came in around 2pm and the drink machines were empty. The room was warm. It was overcrowded for the seating that was available. It was as if they were not expecting the Chase cardmember to actually show up for the offerings. They did have plenty of candy but I wanted to get something to drink and relax a bit. Neither was available. They have room for improvement and I think they'll be able to work out the kinks. I'll know for sure when I go back in a few weeks.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I went by twice on Friday and once on Saturday. I checked some old pictures I had and the Chase Lounge is definitely the old MetLife Lounge.

The room is small which makes sense because there normally were not a lot of Met employees there at the same time. However since it is open to anyone with a Chase card plus additional people they bring it, it gets crowded fast.

Both times I went on Friday, it was moderately crowded with few seats available. Not surprisingly people were lining up for the free soda. The charging station was very cool and was available both times I went.

I checked it again on Sat in the afternoon. It was at capacity and they could not let people until until people came out.

I think the word has spread about the lounge and I would expect it to be quite busy on the weekends.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I checked it again on Sat in the afternoon. It was at capacity and they could not let people until until people came out.
    See, they're already smarter. This is what they should have done on Friday. Instead, the room was wall to wall crowded with people waiting for others to leave.

I also thought the charging station was a nice touch.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there yesterday a couple of times. There is a new Giradelli chocolate shop in the back of the building and you go through it to get to the lounge. It was pretty crowded everytime we were there. Someone is at the door checking your cards.

There are two seating areas with seating only for 4 or 6 on white chairs and a couch in one area. Cartoons play on a TV in the area with the couch and kids were on the floor watching. There is a large round table by the entrance with Ipads you can access and a charging station for phones and portable devices. This has 6 stools around it. There is also a large interactive screen with the days schedules on it against the far wall that was well used.

The beverage station was well stocked everytime we were there and there was coffee, tea, soda and lemonade. Baskets of Werthers candies were placed around the area and I watched as they were restocked often.

People were told all day about the wristbands they hand out in the morning for prefered seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts and Illuminations show. They only have so many each day, so when they are gone, that's it for the day. Get there early!

It is not a large area and seating was not enough for the people there. Alot of people were sacked out on the floor and at times it was hard to get around. There are also private bathrooms in the area which were very nice and clean. A good perk.

All in all, we were happy to use the lounge and there were times when we were there that it was not too crowded. There seemed to be a constant eb and flow, people didn't appear to stay too long except some at the electronics table.
    ºoº figgie ºoº - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: