Quantcast Online check-in...is there any benefit? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been very fortunate using online check-in. Many times our room is ready when we arrive before noon. Even when it wasn't we would just pick up our package and go.

If there is something that you need you change or questions you need to ask you still have the option to go to regular check-in; but if everything's in order, you're all set.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're DVCers, and I much prefer regular check-in. For one thing, I actually enjoy the interaction with the CM at check-in-"It's all part of the experience", as Sparky Griswold says. Also, last time we were at OKW, we didn't like the area where we'd been assigned (one of the furthest away buildings) so I asked nicely if there was anything closer. The CM changed us, and the view was the best we'd ever had. We stopped back and thanked her, told her how happy we were. With on-line check-in, we probably would have gotten to our originally assigned room and not moved.

Post Thanks / Like

So happy this was posted. I have been wondering the same thing.
    I may be wrong but i have concluded from what people are saying, to just do online check in because if it doesn't help make it faster, then it seems like you're back where you would have been in the first place if you hadn't.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    If you do online check-in do they still take into account your preplaced requests? Like we have on our reservations that if possible we want a bottom floor cause my Mom's knee can't take stairs and yeah there are elevators but we like to ask for bottom anyways, its easier. So would they still see that if we did the online check in thingy?
    Yes. And you can still ask about your requests if they weren't granted when you check-in at the resort.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only used this once...I enjoy interacting with the CMs when I am checking in and we usually arrive at off times so crowds aren't a big deal...plus we are at POFQ with much smaller crowds than POP or some of the others. When we stayed at POP, I did do the online check-in and was in and out within 5 minutes which was great. Unfortunately 5 minutes later I was back in line to see if I could change the room to something closer so it ended up not helping us but I would try it again for the larger resorts. If you end up needing changes, you can always go back!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I did the online check-in, we came with another family (friends of ours). They did not do the online check in. Yet, they were all checked in and on their way to their room before we were. It all depends on how many other people are in line, I guess.

I will be doing our online check-in Friday
    șOș The Ziemer Family
    Chris, Chrissie, William & Hailey
    1989 Off Grounds (I was only 10]
    2001, 2003, 2005 ASM
    2006 POP
    2008 ASM
    Sept 2010 POR
    Oct 2012 AoA - Food & Wine Festival w/o kids!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pally View Post
    This is why I am debating whether to use it or not this coming October. But, if it works like it is supposed to it would be great. 25 more days to decide.
    Just my 2 cents. If it were me I would do the online check in as early as possible (as pp suggested) and make sure you print out a conformation. Also remember stuff happens no employee is perfect and mistakes do happen. How mistakes are handled is how you know if the service was good or not.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to do this yesterday using Google Chrome and IE and on the room request box it wouldn't let me input any info, Guess I'll be at the regular check in, I wanted to give it a try but don't want to chance not getting to ask for our lowest floor possible.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I tried to do this yesterday using Google Chrome and IE and on the room request box it wouldn't let me input any info, Guess I'll be at the regular check in, I wanted to give it a try but don't want to chance not getting to ask for our lowest floor possible.
    I use firefox and sometimes have issues with websites. That is because they are set up for internet explorer. If you have or can install internet explorer that will usually solve the problem. I have it on my computer just in case.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I use firefox and sometimes have issues with websites. That is because they are set up for internet explorer. If you have or can install internet explorer that will usually solve the problem. I have it on my computer just in case.

I did try it on IE but I couldn't get it to work their either. :/
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I remember doing it only once and I think it was the trip before last. When we got to the resort there were a few people waiting for online check in and no one at the other counter. The CMs at the regular check in counter started calling people from the other line over so we didn't have to wait long. Can't remember doing it on the last trip, but I could be wrong. Luckily we've never really had a long check in experience either way.

Post Thanks / Like

We are here now at WL....arrived Saturday around 11 am. I did not do online check in this year. We walked right up to the desk as there was no wait at all, but when I looked over at the like who did online check in, we got done faster than they did. Everything was ready for us including the room and to my surprise, we got UPGRADED from a standard room to a courtyard view of the pool and lagoon.

Unfortunately, our luggage didn't arrive until after 3....we used Magical Express. Never time, I'll fetch our luggage and put it on the bus myself.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: