Quantcast Big Group at Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Group at Disney

Is it possible to keep a group of 20 (mostly ages 12+) together during a trip to Disney, or would it be best to let everyone go their own way? Lots of first timers going on a trip and we want to let them experience Disney as awesome as possible!
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible, but with that many people everyone is going to have a variety of interests. I'd suggest letting everyone go their own way and meet up for special things like meals or shows.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would see what everyone is expecting from the trip. And possibly be in smaller groups. It will be hard to all do the same rides at a time and still make the most of your time in the World.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

3 months ago I was asking this same question, so now with the experience under my belt, I think I can help!

We took a group of 45, and me and one other leader could keep up with our group of 16 pretty well! Definitely use the buddy system though and have them try to walk in some sort of line. We went two-by-two where partners walked side by side and each pair knew where in the line they were supposed to be. I know it sounds militant, but it helped a LOT to be able to look back and see if someone was obviously missing. Oh, and did I mention that we went in mid-June? Crowds were horrendous, and it still worked.

Just try and plan out a general direction you want to go in and get a feel for what your kids will want to do! If the majority want to do it and you don't have the leaders to take the ones who don't want to elsewhere, cast members are always happy to help you do baby swap or send the kids to a safe spot to wait on the rest of you.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Our opinion, As long as they have cellphones and and least a small measure of responsibility, Let them explore. Otherwise it would be like hearding cats. Frustrating for you and all it does is make the cats not want to be with you.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Break it up into smaller groups if at all possible
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

If you are the type of person that likes to get a fair amount done in a day I would recommend splitting up and meeting up later for special things like op said. When we took my husband's family last year it was kind of frustrating to be walking for 5 minutes only to turn around and find out your brother in law and niece stopped at a store/stand a while ago and didn't tell you. Now you have to wait for them. It's okay to want to shop a lot and look at things but I DON'T WANT TO STOP EVERY 10 MINUTES AND WAIT FOR YOU. Sorry I am still alittle bitter :p
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    Our opinion, As long as they have cellphones and and least a small measure of responsibility, Let them explore. Otherwise it would be like hearding cats. Frustrating for you and all it does is make the cats not want to be with you.
    I agree. I didn't mind spending some time with my family (there were 8 of us all together) and we had great times together especially at our reservations, but you move at SUCH a slow pace no matter what then you realize it is 1pm and you haven't done a single attraction and it is extremely frustrating. It's so not worth it to me.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: