Quantcast Beer and wine to be served at Be Our Guest - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You never know until you try it is the attitude everyone should have with their kids and foods. Please try to expand your child's palette. As a picky eater when I was a kid I did throw fits sometimes. Dinsey was great about it. I mentioned this on another thread. Granted, this was 1995, but when I ate a place that had nothing I liked or wanted, they brought me chicken fingers from next door. However, my pickiness was derived from my mom who doesn't like a lot of, shall I say, "Flavor." As an example, on one of my first dates with my husband back when I was 16 I LOVED the french fries. I asked him, "What spice did they put on this?" I'll never forget how he looked at me puzzled and said "Um, that's pepper..." Yes, my mom had never put pepper on anything! Over these last 10 years I've branched out and tried so many new things. Kids should not simply subsist on chicken fingers and cheeseburgers!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    ***we need LIKE buttons...
    lol, can't tell you how many times recently I have thought this around here. Might create more issues than it is meant to, but I have to say, I've wanted it more than a few times!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    As an example, on one of my first dates with my husband back when I was 16 I LOVED the french fries. I asked him, "What spice did they put on this?" I'll never forget how he looked at me puzzled and said "Um, that's pepper..."
    And he still married you?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    However, my pickiness was derived from my mom who doesn't like a lot of, shall I say, "Flavor." As an example, on one of my first dates with my husband back when I was 16 I LOVED the french fries. I asked him, "What spice did they put on this?" I'll never forget how he looked at me puzzled and said "Um, that's pepper..." Yes, my mom had never put pepper on anything!
    Totally off topic, but I just had to comment... my mom was totally the same!! Salt was minimal, pepper even more so... not a single other spice in our house!! In MY house?? We have every spice out there... cumin, rosemary, TONS of garlic, cajun, tarragon, curry... you name it, I try it... and usually LOVE it!! And she somehow thinks that at 44, I'm still in a rebelious phase when I cook...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Totally off topic, but I just had to comment... my mom was totally the same!! Salt was minimal, pepper even more so... not a single other spice in our house!! In MY house?? We have every spice out there... cumin, rosemary, TONS of garlic, cajun, tarragon, curry... you name it, I try it... and usually LOVE it!! And she somehow thinks that at 44, I'm still in a rebelious phase when I cook...
    Remind me never to have dinner at your mom's house, Blythe. At your place, that's a different story.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Will this place have like a bar area where you can walk in and just get a glass of wine or a beer, or do you have to be seated at a table. I'm guessing it's not a place where someone can say, at the spur of the moment, I want a drink lets go to BOG?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Will this place have like a bar area where you can walk in and just get a glass of wine or a beer, or do you have to be seated at a table. I'm guessing it's not a place where someone can say, at the spur of the moment, I want a drink lets go to BOG?
    According to my understanding, no you cannot just walkin and purchase an alcoholic beverage. No bar area either. You physically have to be seated for dinner (only) in order to purchase.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dailyprincessme View Post
    Isn't CRT still considered a "signature restaurant"? My understanding is that the "signature restaurants" (2 TS options) are more of a fine dining experience, than those that are just considered a 1TS. I may be wrong in this case, just wondering
    I thought 2 TS had more to do with demand than the quality of the experience. At least that was the impression I got from the way that change was implemented.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dailyprincessme View Post
    Isn't CRT still considered a "signature restaurant"? My understanding is that the "signature restaurants" (2 TS options) are more of a fine dining experience, than those that are just considered a 1TS. I may be wrong in this case, just wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I thought 2 TS had more to do with demand than the quality of the experience. At least that was the impression I got from the way that change was implemented.
    Tek, my understanding is the same as yours... 2TS is not so much quality but based on popularity/experience... CRT is extremely popular, so they put things in place to try to curb ADRs... And the same goes for Le Cellier... 2 TS due to popularity, not because that place is all about fine dining...

I'll consider BOG to be a fine dining experience that is, right now, 1 TS...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Tek, my understanding is the same as yours... 2TS is not so much quality but based on popularity/experience... CRT is extremely popular, so they put things in place to try to curb ADRs... And the same goes for Le Cellier... 2 TS due to popularity, not because that place is all about fine dining...

I'll consider BOG to be a fine dining experience that is, right now, 1 TS...

I would agree. I think the 2TS really has more to do with demand and price of the food than if it is a signature restaurant. Signatures tend to have entrees that cost more so it makes sense that they are 2TS. I checked the Disney website and list Le Cellier as a signature. CRT is not on the list.

And I'll have to go back and re read the dining thread. Perhaps I missed but I didn't think anyone was really upset with the BOG menu. Everyone has different taste and something different will appeal to different people. I can understand that someone would be disappointed if a new and highly hyped restaurant didn't serve what they like to eat.

I think the point on the children's menu is that is a hard menu for a picky eater. Believe me, no parent wants a picky eater. My children both went to a preschool that serves a healthy lunch. Both usually refused to eat it. Cali Grill, NarcoosseeCitricos and many other signatures do serve a version of macaroni and cheese. My point was that it would be nice for something to be offered for those children if their parents wanted to eat there. For me, I can just drive over and go without my kids (or the picky mom. ). But that is not an option for most.

I think it is a nice addition to MK and will be very successful. It just won't be everyone's cup of tea. And that's okay.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think it is a nice addition to MK and will be very successful. It just won't be everyone's cup of tea. And that's okay.
    I think that point just about sums up the whole thing... I think we all would like everyone to think the way we do, it's just easier and friendlier that way... but the bottom line is, we're all going to have our own thoughts, and some of them will be different. And as long as we can respect that, it's all good! It is still Disney after all, is it not??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    And he still married you?
    Yup! I think maybe he found it endearing? I was also a cutie It's been really fun branching out together and trying new things over the years.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Not to get too off topic but yup, they'd be two peas in a pod. We had my parents over for dinner recently and cooked them grass feed organic steak with a side of green beans. She was eating it fine when my dad asked how my DH seasoned everything because it was so good, and he mentioned he used this basting oil, which has very few ingredients but one of them is garlic. Well, I knew that was it. She got a look on her face and say "I knew it had garlic!" I love my mama to death but I can tell you, when I (hopefully) have my own kids, we will not be having pasta monday, chicken cutlet tuesday, veal cutlet wednesday, and hot dog thursday. Pizza friday will stick around because DH and I have continued that one
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo after saying previously I don't think it's that big of a deal, apparently it is to a lot of people. And I even cringed a little at the thought of expanding it.

I completely support the decision at Be Our Guest but I can see the slippery slope argument. Maybe they'll run it as a test, maybe a lot of people won't order it with their meal, maybe it's gone a week after opening. Who knows... but I'd hate to see MK become a place where booze is readily available. Not because of drunkards, not because of any belief but because I thought it made it quaint and special to not have it there. When it's at one place I think it elevates that place to make IT even more special. When it's everywhere it's just kinda blah in my opinion.

And for the earlier Shot Glass conversation. As a collector of shot glasses I can vouch they were around in the 90s as I had friends who brought them back for me. HOWEVER, if you look on your receipts nowadays they are TOOTH PICK HOLDERS. And Disney used to sell an official Mickey Ears bottle opener. They do not any more but you can still get a knock off.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never understood where being "treated as an adult" and being able to buy beer and wine relates? Especially if the whole point of the Magic Kingdom is to recapture your childhood.

If I recall there were quite a few people here chomping at the bit to get ADRs here even before they announced the sale of wine and beer.I can't imagine they will have a hard time filling tables even without this addition.

CRT is popular and they don't see beer or wine (yet). We have never eaten there but from what I read this TS eatery sells it's tables based on theming and not food quality.

I don't think this is going to cause problems like Drink Around The World at Epcot. I just thought it was a matter of principle thing that Disney did not sell alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. Now they see an opportunity to make money without having to invest in something that really improves a guest's experience.

I can see this creeping into other venues of the park now too. Once you go against a principle there is no going back.

If you really are against the wine and beer issue then cancel you ADRs and let them know why. Otherwise you are complaining for nothing. We won't eat here now!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HackLaSalle View Post
    And Disney used to sell an official Mickey Ears bottle opener. They do not any more but you can still get a knock off.
    So not true!!! JUST got one (HEAVY shiny silver colored) for one of my twin sons for opening beers back during my trip in June.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    So not true!!! JUST got one (HEAVY shiny silver colored) for one of my twin sons for opening beers back during my trip in June.
    True. There are many Mickey/Disney bottle openers around the Resort for sale. Also, many wine bottle stoppers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I have never understood where being "treated as an adult" and being able to buy beer and wine relates? Especially if the whole point of the Magic Kingdom is to recapture your childhood.
    I think that the whole "treated as an adult" thing is about being given the choice ... and even then, you have to be an adult over the age of 21. As an adult I am able to do this, but being treated as one means that I can choose whether I want to have a drink or not.

I agree with your comment about going against your principles. Once you do, it becomes a snowball!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is just the next phase of moving away from the original foundation set by Walt Disney.

What would Walt think?

Walt would think what he's been thinking for years - the Walt Disney Company is forsaking the original premise of the park all in the name of PROFIT.

I can tell you from working at the park that even though they like to pretend they are upholding "Disney Values", all they really care about is the almighty dollar. Once one of the other cast members said they told their manager how they were upset that nothing seemed like how Walt would want it, and the manager just looked at them and said "Well, you know what? Walt's dead."

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the change. On one hand, I feel kind of sad to see the tradition change after so long and knowing that Walt wanted it to be a dry park. I know change is inevitable, but it somehow feels like MK is losing one more thing that Walt directly had a hand in.

But on the other hand, it really doesn't affect me too much. I don't drink at all, so the availability of alcohol in the restaurants or parks makes no difference to me because I won't be ordering it anyway. I do hope, though, that this isn't the start of something bigger in MK, like beer/wine kiosks throughout the park. I know the other parks have them...to me, those just don't belong in MK. This was all over the news this weekend, from my local stations to MSNBC!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: