Quantcast Best refillable water bottle???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Best refillable water bottle???

Any recommendations for a good refillable water bottle to use in the parks? Looking for one that is durable and doesn't leave moisture on the outside.
    In the past we have had [grocery delivery service]deliver to us and I would have a case of water ordered. However, since we are using the dining plan this trip, I won't need a grocery order. I would rather use my snack credits on real food and not buying water at the parks.
    Last edited by faline; 09-01-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: reference to former sponsor who did not pay
    If only everyone was as happy as Goofy is...
    89 - offsite
    90 - Disneyland
    93- offsite
    May 01 - POR
    May 06 - AKL
    February/March 07 - CS
    Nov/Dec 07 - Offsite
    Sept/Oct 08 - POFQ and DCL Wonder
    May 10 - WL
    Nov 12 - AoA
    Nov 14 - CBR

Next trip - January 2016- POR - My first 1/2 Marathon

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually bring bottles to the park, but I like the Brita water bottles that filter. A little more expensive, but some might think it's worth it for slightly better tasting water.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We leave in 6 days and there will be 6 of us. We also have the Dining plan and I don't want to waste the snacks on water, yet we need to keep hydrated. Each one will have his/her Brita bottle. The filters are good for 300 bottles of water. Works for me.
    Life is always better when you mix in a little MOUSE
    1981 1986 1990 2000 2003 off site
    1994 1998 All Star Music,
    2002 All Star Movies,
    2004 2005x2 2012 2013 2019 POR
    2007 2012 2014 2016 2019 Pop
    2008 ASMu Suites
    2014 2017 CBR
    2015 AoA Cars
    2017 AKLx2
    2018 Grand Canyon

Post Thanks / Like

Brita is definitely the way to go, or you could always just buy each person one bottle of whatever water (Poland Spring, etc.) and refill from the fountains....but I, for one, cannot drink the Florida water straight. I've tried, I wish I could, but I always end up spending on water throughout the day.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also using Brita bottles to filter out some of the Florida flavour ;-) But for YOUR criteria - no sweating and really durable - I'd recommend the Contigo stainless steel bottles that you can use for hot or cold. I've never seen such good quality - your beverage can be ice cold or steaming hot and the outside of the bottle doesn't reflect it at all, and it keeps its temperature for hours. And they are incredibly leak proof. Only disadvantage is I've never seen one with any kind of carry strap.

Post Thanks / Like

We use Brita as well. We also have EPCOT bottle straps from previous visits. They attach to the bottle around the neck and hang across body.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98)

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
    2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

My kids and I all have Thermos stainless water bottles. The only drawback is that they can be heavy when filled. But they don't sweat and they keep hot or cold for HOURS. I use them for my son's soy milk for lunch every day at school, and running errands all throughout the Texas summer!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

I'm partial to the Camelbak bottles with the bite valve. They don't leak, even upside down, are durable from drops and bumps, and have a ring on top that you can use to hook to your belt, backpack, waistpack, lanyard, etc. They come in .5L, .75L, and 1L if I remember right.

Even cheaper are bicycle water bottles. They are also lighter, just as durable, and don't leak as long as the valve is closed.

I personally wouldn't recommend an expensive filtration bottle for municipal water. I would get some mix packs like Crystal Light or similar to change the taste. But, that's me.
    Last edited by ryca1dreams; 09-05-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added information
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofynmd View Post
    Any recommendations for a good refillable water bottle to use in the parks? Looking for one that is durable and doesn't leave moisture on the outside.
    In the past we have had [grocery delivery service]deliver to us and I would have a case of water ordered. However, since we are using the dining plan this trip, I won't need a grocery order. I would rather use my snack credits on real food and not buying water at the parks.
    If you're looking for a bottle with a filter we've always used the Brita. If you aren't concerned about the filter, the best bottle hands down is Hydroflask. I have literally filled the bottle with water and some ice, left it n the car at the beach with temps over 90 degrees, and after 7-hours or so the water is still cold ...simply one of the best products of any kind bar none(and I have an iPad).
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydroflasks are not as good as good old Thermoses. Those keep water cold 12+ hours, but BOTH are metal and very heavy for taking around parks.

My recommendation is the BOBBLE water filter bottle. It is very lightweight, less bulky than the Brita bottles, and works amazingly well at filtering out the bad FL water taste. I have been hooked on this bottle for over 2 years now. Target and many grocery stores carry these. You only need to buy about 1 actual bottle/year (they cost $10). The replacement filters (it's a filter/bottlecap combo) cost $5-7 depending on where you get them. Each filter is good for 2-3 months of daily use. This is the cheapest and most effective filtration bottle out there. LOVE our Bobbles! We use them daily in the car as well. We don't really buy bottled water anymore.

The bonus is that the Bobble is small enough to fit under the stream of most water fountains to refill. That is hard to do with some of the larger bottles.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We love our thermos brand stainless steel bottles. They don't sweat & they keep drinks hot or cold for a LONG time.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: