Quantcast Small purse

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Small purse

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small purse

I saw in this forum about a year back someone asking if they allow lanyards at US as they heard they were super strict.

I am doing to WDW in about 3 weeks and plan take one day over to US. I never gave this a thought. At WDW I carry a very small cross body "purse". I guess a better word is camera holder as that is really all it holds, is a small point and shoot camera. I plan on going on all rides at US, will I not be allowed on with this? Thanks!
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone who has traveled with a small purse recently will be able to tell you for sure whether or not they were permitted to ride with it, but I do know that US provides lockers at those particular ride entrances that are free of charge within the time frame it takes for you to ride.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be that you would not be allowed to take it. They were very strict on the Harry Potter ride when we were there in July. They yelled at us because I waited in line with my family. I was not planning to ride so we did not use the lockers. My kids still were holding their own bags when we reached the loading area where I was exiting. I just smiled, took the bags, asked to be pointed to the exit, and went on my merry way with a departing line of "have a magical day"!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

You can read through these replies:

My suggestion is to save yourself a headache and don't take it unless you can't do without it. If you do take one be prepared to do the locker thing alot.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=189574
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We were there at the end of July and they did not allow ANY bags on certain rides. Yes, they do provide lockers.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We were also just there in aug and there are no "carryon items" as they put it allowed on certain rides, so they dont just mean bags they mean anything not in your pockets; bags, cameras, misting fans, everything has to go in the lockers.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they have become very strict.

A few years ago, you could get away with a wristlet (like Coach or the ones they sell in Disney - about 3 inches by 4 inches, max) if you double wrapped the strap around your wrist.

However, since WWHP opened, that is no more for ANYWHERE in the park.

I still bring the wristlet, but have my husband put it with my sunglasses in 1 of his cargo short pockets.

Otherwise, it's the locker for the required rides. The lockers really aren't that bad as some make them out to be - especially in the less crowded seasons. Better to have an expensive camera in a locker than drop it and break/lose it forever on a ride!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: