Quantcast POFQ Laundry room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ Laundry room?

OK, so someone asking about AoA piqued my curiosity about POFQ laundry area. We'll be there for 10 nights, so we'll probably need to do some laundry at some point. Was wondering where it's at (if it exists) and how much it costs for each use of the washer/dryer.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a helpful FYI, all the resorts have guest laundry facilities.

POFQ's is by the pool, on the side away from the river, between buildings 2 and 5.
    How much it costs per load, I'm afraid I can't help there. We usually just take a roll of quarters in our luggage and that's always been more than sufficient.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's $2.00 each for the washer and dryer. Wash cycle is 30 mins and about 30 to 60 mins to dry depending on how full the load is. Like the previous poster noted ~ it is between the hot tub and pool with the entrance from the building 5 side.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Do they sell laundry detergent?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Yes - but it was really expensive. Something like $6.00 for a single load box.

I bring down those laundry detergent sheets in a ziploc bag( i think mine were Purex 3-1). They have the detergent and the fabric softener all on one sheet and REALLY easy to pack. I usually bring my own Bounce sheets though as I find that they still get a bit of static.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    Something like $6.00 for a single load box.
    It seems that expensive, doesn't it?

The small, single-load boxes in the laundry room are $1 - $1.50 each. There are could be "bigger" boxes in the gift shop, I've never really looked.

To be honest, we usually just buy soap there, since we're too lazy to bring sheets or something, but this year we've gotten a zillion free Tide pods samples, so I'm thinking we'll just bring those with us.

In total, if you buy soap, it ends up being about $5 for each load.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We just got back from POFQ. We used the laundry room twice. I went at 6:00 a.m. to do my wash. As previously stated, it is $2.00 for wash and $2.00 for dry. They have a coin machine that takes $1.00 bills and five dollar bills. I brought my own laundry detergent and fabric softner dryer sheets. You can also use your own Tide Pods, they travel well. It worked great and we had clean clothes. The laundry room is steps away from the food court so I went over there and had breakfast. I guess I multi tasked and didn't realize it.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I also pack the sheet soap and do the laundry. we usually go for 8 days and i pack for 4 and do laundry mid week, we are a family of 3 so we only use 1 washing machine, i do not seperate the laundry on vacation just dump it all in and use cold water. i am up earlier then my dh and ds so i put the stuff in and go get a cup of coffee the cafeteria is open by 6am. so just about an hour and then it is all done.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

I do ours while we're at the pool - I just pop in to the laundry room which is steps away to change things over. Very convenient! The only things that drive me nuts are that one running of the dryer is NEVER enough, and in my experience, the change machines rarely work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all! I didn't know they sold sheets that have the detergent and fabic softener in one! I will definitely bring those (I won't have a car this year and I was wondering how I would get a bottle of detergent in my suitcase without exploding)!!! We are going for 13 days so I don't want to bring a lot of clothes.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: