Quantcast Where do the "notorious" tour groups usually stay? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sitting here shocked. I can't believe they peed in the bushes in front of Epcot. That is so disgusting. I have a very curious 4 year old daughter. I can just imagine trying to explain that to her. LOL.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair... I have seen similar behavior (outside of the public urination) from American groups as well. We has some very unpleasant run ins with some baton twirlers at All Star Movies a few years ago. We were pushed in the lines at several rides by the same group. One person would hold a spot in line and the whole group would swarm in later.

Same thing happened during Pop Warner week. Lots of cheering in the food court. I don't think it should be allowed in public areas. They were behaving as if they were the only ones there. It was being encouraged by the adults.

It is bound to happen when there are large groups of teens/pre teens with limited supervision.

I think the groups from Brazil just seem worse because they travel in larger groups.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Just read a post on the Epcot Explorer's Guide website (epcyclopedia) about Disney's "Super Greeter" program for tour groups from Latin America, and most notably, Brazil. At the end of the article it says that Disney will host these groups at the All Star Resorts, Port Orleans Riverside, and Coronado Springs.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Just read a post on the Epcot Explorer's Guide website (epcyclopedia) about Disney's "Super Greeter" program for tour groups from Latin America, and most notably, Brazil. At the end of the article it says that Disney will host these groups at the All Star Resorts, Port Orleans Riverside, and Coronado Springs.
    Yikes!!! Does it say when these resorts will be hosting these groups?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCruzer View Post
    It just says "summer". Yep...planning to go in November is looking better and better!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCruzer View Post
    January is a definite.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, definitely January and July in full force. June and August see some action from these groups as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely January. They were at All Star Movies this past January and hoo boy, they were loud. Not so much in the rooms and hallways, but the foodcourt was crazy! I think the main problem is that they travel in such LARGE groups. So when you're trying to cross a pathway, and there are 100 people from the tour group going past, you have to wait until they all finish going by before you can cross. Nobody lets you in! So that's a bit of a headache at the parks. But steer clear of them as best as you can and it's totally manageable.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    But steer clear of them as best as you can and it's totally manageable.
    That's the thing though. I noticed this month that the amount of groups has increased significantly. It was almost impossible to avoid them altogether like so many suggest here. Now that I'm not local anymore, I'll definitely be planning any future trips around their visits. I hate to say it, and point out this group/nationality in particular, but it's fact. They bother me, plain and simple, and I will avoid them at all costs.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I were staying at All Star Music for a couple of nights and there were many, as we call them, "flag people" staying there. They were very loud and rowdy in the food court and by the pool. My Dad and I took a walk to get some ice and we discovered the kids hanging out in the hall had emptied every ice machine near our rooms. It looked like they were throwing it at each other or something because ice was all over. When we were leaving the next morning to head to Old Key West we walked past rooms with their curtains open and the rooms seemed to be trashed. We were so glad when we checked into Old Key West and got to really relax...with ice in our villa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    That's the thing though. I noticed this month that the amount of groups has increased significantly. It was almost impossible to avoid them altogether like so many suggest here. Now that I'm not local anymore, I'll definitely be planning any future trips around their visits. I hate to say it, and point out this group/nationality in particular, but it's fact. They bother me, plain and simple, and I will avoid them at all costs.
    According to the article I read, the interviewee stated that this year was going to be "record-breaking" regarding the tour groups. So, yep, it has increased.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way to find out if they will be at POR the first 2 weeks in September? Or any resort for that matter! Maybe they're back to school by then?

Post Thanks / Like

They are only there during the months of January and July.

We stayed at Riverside last week. We did have a couple groups of only girls who were actually very polite and well-mannered. The groups in the parks, not so much...
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Orlando last week and ran in to the BTG at all Disney parks, Universal Studios and at Seaworld. We left Seaworld after a couple of hours because they were in line at every ride and show, it was an hour wait for every ride. Didn't have many issues with them but you knew to get out of the way when you saw the flag carrier.
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We are here now. At CBR and so far no signs of any groups. We were at DTD for several hours today and didn't see any groups there either. We spent most of today at the pool and it's been pretty quiet. We won't be in the parks till tomorrow, but so far so good at the resort. Although I'm sure they are in the parks right now. It may be different tonight when the parks start closing.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the good report so far Denise!

Post Thanks / Like

They may travel heaviest in January and July, but they are certainly there at other times. I have seen groups during trips that occurred in December, late May, and late June. The worst we've experienced was definitely the late June crowd, which makes sense since it's so close to July. Our last visit was late August, and I don't recall seeing any.

As for their behavior, I'm more likely to subscribe to the theory that its more of a group mentality thing rather than a cultural thing. I have been on the recieving end of more rude behavior from Pop Warner and Cheerleading groups. We haven't been recipients of rude behavior from Brazilians per say, but I will say that they don't seem to stop for anything. The fearless leader marches on with the rest of the group in tow. Don't even try to cut through, just wait for them to pass. The only issue we've run into was with FastPass-the group leader carries all of the cards and puts them into the FastPass machine. There was an issue where the leader realized he didn't have the right number of FastPasses and he must have missed one ticket along the way. The CM was going to make him reinsert each card, which is not only a waste of time but also a waste of paper because it spits out a paper to tell you that you can't get another FP yet if its invalid. My DH said something and the CM just printed a comp ticket for him and sent him on his way.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I ran into them heavy at All Star Music last year. I'll never stay at a Value or in the summer, again. I decided to go cheap and paid the penalty for it.

Disney couldn't do anything about the noise or the commotion outside our room, even after several hrs and late at night. I threatened to confront them all and make them pay attention. Strangely enough, Disney felt they then needed to move me to a moderate, free of charge, to make the situation right.

Post Thanks / Like

With big numbers comes big $. On our first morning, I was picking up our tickets at DQ, and was behind a tour leader. She was picking up tickets for their group. She must have had at least three stacks of tickets that were over an inch thick! I can't even imagine what the cost of those tickers had to be. I'm sure Disney is making a ton of money on these groups, so regular folks will be moved. I think they're happy to accomodate these large groups.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home yesterday from a WONDERful trip--with NOOOO problems from any tour groups! Arrived on the 25th, stayed at CBR, and had a peaceful, terrific experience! Saw a few medium-sized groups of mostly girls in the parks Saturday, but no chanting, no problems with lines, nothing!!!! Crowds in general were amazingly low!! Was not expecting that in July!!!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P