Quantcast We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 3

Day 3 June 18th
    We let the little ones sleep in this morning before heading over to Epcot. My mom bought the girls matching sailor dresses for them to meet Duffy in (I love dressing them alike – same same as my girls call it). My girl’s loveys are both the original Disney Bear, so meeting Duffy is something very special for them. We also got FP’s for Soaring and were able to get a baby swap pass which we ended up using right away. Lunch today was at the Fish and Chips stand in the UK. I had been so excited to eat here since I had the amazing fish and chips at the Rose and Crown a couple years ago. These were pretty good, a bit greasy, but they sure hit the spot.

Shopping in UK and Canada followed and then the girls got to play for a while at the playground over in the “Brave” Highland Games section between the World Showcase and Future World. They loved it! They also got pretty hot and tired, especially my little one. Good thing it was time for our Soaring FP’s. My Dad and Mom took my oldest and she got to ride Soaring twice! In the meantime, my sister and I shopped and took a break while my little girl slept in the stroller.

When we were done with Epcot we took a bus over to the new Art of Animation to have some dinner and check it out. Wow is all I have to say! I can’t believe how amazing it was… The Cars section had just opened that morning and it was so neat. Being DVC members we were a little disappointed that there was no pool hopping agreement with this pool, but boy was it cool! I really would’ve liked to have checked out that underwater sound system. Dinner was pretty good too. The only concern I have about the food court was how slow it was to get our food. It was made to order – which is great, but I was pretty much the only order at my food station and it took over 5 minutes to get my “Surf and Surf” burger (crab cakes with fried shrimp on it). What are they going to do when the resort is full?!

We took a bus to DtD, and were going to transfer to a boat, but the bus changed its route to OKW, so we just stayed the course. It took forever to get home! I think we went swimming upon our return to our “room” and then got those sleepy girls to bed. Have I mentioned how much I love OKW? We had a dedicated 2BR on the third floor of building 13. The location was great - you literally just head out on the sidewalk in front of the Hospitality House, cross the street and then you’re “home”. It was very convenient and filling our cups was a breeze. The room itself was in decent condition, some built up dirt in the bathroom tiles, the tub in the second bedroom was pretty dingy, and the dark furniture really showed where housekeeping didn’t clean. Besides that it was huge, airy and just perfect for the six of us. We stayed in a OKW Grand Villa last year and it was pretty funny when we walked in and my oldest wanted to know where the second floor was!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sailor dresses! So cute! Sounds like another wonderful day. I could go for fish and chips now.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Another great day!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're in the same section of Old Key West that we stayed in last December - it was a great location!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip! I bet the sailor dresses looked really cute!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I love matching too. Glad your day was so wonderful!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: