Quantcast Tickets/AP question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tickets/AP question

We are planning on going Nov. 9-15, 2012, and again in October 2013.

For the Nov. 2012 trip we will be using the Free Dining promo.

From what I understand, you can buy just a 2 day ticket, and then when you arrive at WDW, you can buy the AP.

Question: Those 2 day tickets that you buy.....can we use those FIRST, and then the day of the 2nd day.....go and get the AP? Am I making sense ??

I mean....if we immediately went and got the AP's on the first day arriving there, would those 2 days we HAD to pay for to get the FREE Dining....don't they sort of just 'go to wastet' since we would have purchased the AP.

I'm not sure how to ask this......sorry. :-(
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When you upgrade a ticket to an AP, the "starting date" of the AP becomes the first day that original ticket was used.

A 2-day base ticket costs $176. An AP costs $574. So no matter whether you upgrade to the AP on the first day you use that ticket or the second day you use that ticket, the upgrade to the AP will cost you $398 [$574 minus $176 equals $398].

You could buy an original ticket that's bigger than the minimum 2-day ticket, because your total final cost for the AP will be identical. Whether the ticket you buy with the free dining package is a 2-day, 6-day, 10-day or whatever, your total final cost of the AP will be $574 ... the upgrade will always cost you the difference between price of the ticket and the price of the $574 AP.

Another example, just to make sure I'm not confusing you ...

Let's say you buy a 10-day base ticket for $318 and you use it for the first time on October 1. Whether you upgrade it to an AP on October 1 or you wait to upgrade it after you've used it all up by October 10 or 11, you will pay the same additional $256 to upgrade it to an AP; and no matter when you pay for the upgrade, the activation date will still be October 1, the day you first used the original ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

And, on another note, if you have dining on your current trip they don't want to upgrade you to AP until your trip is over because it fouls up your dining credits. I know it seems weird, but Disney's IT department definitely isn't the best and their computer systems are screwy. Basically they said when your current trip ends and all your dining credits are gone, then upgrade to the AP. As stated above, your start date is the same no matter what.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh.....I see. I'm glad I made sense. I wasn't sure how to word my question.

I wasn't sure if it was best to go ahead and buy the whole 6 days or just the minimum requirement of 2 days........
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Someone please chime in if this is wrong, but the last thing I heard was that you HAD to upgrade (if you were going to) to the AP before your trip ended. In other words, if your trip ended & you were checking out on Saturday, you had to upgrade by Thursday...or in other words, you still had to have at least 1 day's admission left on your KTTW card.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    Someone please chime in if this is wrong, but the last thing I heard was that you HAD to upgrade (if you were going to) to the AP before your trip ended. In other words, if your trip ended & you were checking out on Saturday, you had to upgrade by Thursday...or in other words, you still had to have at least 1 day's admission left on your KTTW card.
    See http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=192568

It appears that to upgrade a ticket it must be 1) no later than the ticket's final day of usability [ie can't upgrade a 5 day pass on day 6, but you can at park closing on day 5] or 2) You can upgrade within 14 days of first use regardless if the ticket is exhausted or not (essentially the old rules prior to the changes) ONLY IF the tickets are coded onto a WDW KTTW card with your name printed on it.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone....

So if we upgrade, our expiration date (no matter what day of our vacation we upgrade) will be 1 year from the first day of our vacation. Correct?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. Typically, you get 366 days on your annual pass. If it is effective on July 12, 2012, it will expire at the end of the day on July 12, 2013.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: