Quantcast Epcot 30th Celebration att WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot 30th Celebration att WDW

So, October 1 is Epcot's 30th... And with that comes a celebration on that day for the anniversary.. That is, if you want to PAY for it.. That's right folks, the wonderful management team has decided that, if you want to celebrate Epcot's 30th with WDW, then well,, SHELL OUT THE BUCKS!!!!!! Oh, yea... Um, park admission is NOT included in the $ 65 get nothing price tag or the $185 get a little something price tag... Plus, you have to be a D23 member... So, cough up $89 bucks to enter Epcot, $185 bucks to get into presentations that were free 5 years ago, and $75 bucks to join D23...

How many more new lows can be sunk to???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointing doesn't sound like much of a celebration to me
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I am reminded of an old saying that involves getting blood out of a turnip....
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Very disappointing doesn't sound like much of a celebration to me
    I bet the bean counters had quite the happy hour after coming up with that idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDisneyDad View Post
    I am reminded of an old saying that involves getting blood out of a turnip....
    Sadly, there will be a line signing up to be part of this "exclusive" event. That's what it will be billed as. Exclusive...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you know how it goes.....

Unless and until people keep their wallets/credit cards in their pockets and say 'enough is enough,' don't expect anything to change.

I, personally, refuse to pay the price for D23, as it gets you what? 3 - 4 magazines a year and invites to 'events' that you still have to pay more for? Thank you....NO SALE

This is the same thinking I use for NOT buying into DVC -- a glorified timeshare deal, where you pay up front, yearly, AND upon use. Sure you get 'discounts' on some things, but you are still spending for each trip -- food (OOP or DDP,) park tickets (MYW or AP,) parties, etc.....

Robert A. Heinlein had it right --- TANSTAAFL [There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - for the uninitiated] --- especially with Disney!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

That's all I really have to say about that
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

What does that actually mean? Does it mean the park will be closed otherwise that day?
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    What does that actually mean? Does it mean the park will be closed otherwise that day?
    No.. Park will be open... But if you want to participant in any of the events, you not only have to buy a D23 membership and a park ticket, but you also have to pay Disney to attend the events that were FREE for the 25th...

This is pure greed... And typical of Disney today... Pathetic, disgusting, and just when you thought they couldn't get any worse, they pull this...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

From reading the descriptions no, the park will be open as usual. However there will be a number of 'special' events going on throughout the park that day and those are the things you would have to pay to attend. If some of the PPs comments are correct, Disney had these sort of special events (speakers / presentations / etc.) on previous anniversary celebrations that were free to attend.

It's like PopPhan mentions, we can complain all we want, but every time one of us says we're done with Disney and 24 hours later we turn around and say "Well I didn't really mean that...." they'll keep charging. The only message that gets through to Disney is when people vote with their feet and wallets.

Post Thanks / Like

Again I am reminded of a saying by...correct me if I am wrong...by P.T. Barnum (sp). "There is a sucker born everyday..." Well as you can see from my sig I have been to disney many times in the last few years...but this all day sucker is getting to that soggy white stick. Our last trip was anything but magical, and again as stated complaining to Disney doesnt work if I turn around and rebook... It was mention that they keep raising prices but the parks are still packed... I beg to differ. WHen was the last time you saw Disney offering room specials in the middle of summer?. If they are packing them in, why do they constantly run free dining and/or room discounts (which usually ends up being what the room cost the prior year.)
    as it was mention, the only way they will change is for us to stop giving them our hard earned change... it used to be a fair trade off...now I am not so sure....

Just my 2 cents worth. I will stop before one of the holier than thou yuckidy yuks closes the tread or bans me :P. Its funny Disney can shamelessly nickle and dime everything...but the minute you suggest something that slighly doesnt work out in the favor of the mouse house...
    I am addicted!
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there for the 25th and most events were held out in the open. There was a huge stage set up behind the fountain for some guest speakers and a special acknowledgement at the fireworks as well. We didn't attend most events as the kids were 2 and 4 (wow, hard to believe) but I know there were a few things open to anyone there. We were also given pins when we entered the park.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm just a loser but I'd rather them being seperated. I don't want abunch of media and suits in there blocking my pictures and adding to the crowds for my trip. I am probably one of those "holier than thou yuckidy yuks" you're talking about because I don't think working for a fansite for WDW you should call the company "Pathetic or disgusting" but I guess its different for me, I look at things in happy lights and try to avoid negativity. If you don't like how things are, why go? Noone is holding a gun to your head telling you to book another trip. Go somewhere else and let the parks be happier for me and mine if you hate it so much. Just my thoughts on it, not trying to start a big riff but its getting so negative around here lately that its not any kind of happy experience to come here for Disney info anymore.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    ... just when you thought they couldn't get any worse ...
    I never thought that... Quite the contrary, it will; just wait...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm just a loser but I'd rather them being seperated. I don't want abunch of media and suits in there blocking my pictures and adding to the crowds for my trip. I am probably one of those "holier than thou yuckidy yuks" you're talking about because I don't think working for a fansite for WDW you should call the company "Pathetic or disgusting" but I guess its different for me, I look at things in happy lights and try to avoid negativity. If you don't like how things are, why go? Noone is holding a gun to your head telling you to book another trip. Go somewhere else and let the parks be happier for me and mine if you hate it so much. Just my thoughts on it, not trying to start a big riff but its getting so negative around here lately that its not any kind of happy experience to come here for Disney info anymore.
    I agree with you 100%!!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Again I am reminded of a saying by...correct me if I am wrong...by P.T. Barnum (sp). "There is a sucker born everyday..." Well as you can see from my sig I have been to disney many times in the last few years...but this all day sucker is getting to that soggy white stick. Our last trip was anything but magical, and again as stated complaining to Disney doesnt work if I turn around and rebook... It was mention that they keep raising prices but the parks are still packed... I beg to differ. WHen was the last time you saw Disney offering room specials in the middle of summer?. If they are packing them in, why do they constantly run free dining and/or room discounts (which usually ends up being what the room cost the prior year.)
    as it was mention, the only way they will change is for us to stop giving them our hard earned change... it used to be a fair trade off...now I am not so sure....

Just my 2 cents worth. I will stop before one of the holier than thou yuckidy yuks closes the tread or bans me :P. Its funny Disney can shamelessly nickle and dime everything...but the minute you suggest something that slighly doesnt work out in the favor of the mouse house...
    There is a sucker born every minute, and Disney fans are some of the biggest...

As for your last comment, I wouldn't lump this site into the same categories as others... John allows us to post the negative truth about WDW... I haven't had a mod remove any of my truthful posts about the pathetic managers who run the place into the ground... I try my best to leave manager names out of it, but even when I do mention a name, it is never deleted, not have I received any warnings...

You may be confusing this site with Lou Mongello or Ricky Brigante... or Tom Corliss... or, well, take your pick... Join their sites, post one negative thing about WDW and not only do their cult like following run you off, but you wind up banned... Why?? Because they cannot bite the hand that feeds them: Free trips, free cruises, free swag, free access to Imagineers, free access to C list stars and some A listers who are forced to do appearances for Disney...

There is a reason I post here more than anywhere else... Because the people who run this site are very tolerant and respectful of our views and they allow us to post them, whether they agree or not...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, from what I understand, and maybe I'm wrong, but it appears that at least some of the events will be indoors... Better crowd control that way no one can attend for free.. Way to keep out the riff raff. I mean non-paying guests...

As for your other comments, let me make sure I understand something... We aren't allowed to be critical, or post critical opinions (though most of the posts are true) about WDW or the Disney Company??? So, I guess you are one fo those who don't care that Disney is shall of what it used to be.. I guess you don't care that TDO is so cheap that the parks are falling apart, LITERALLY, right on top of guests... I guess you don't care that the goal is not to appeal to the lowest common denominator and not reach for the skies like they used to???

No one is saying you can't go and enjoy Walmart Disney Word.... But, the truth about things have to be told... I can't help that the truth hurts people... But the way things are being run is pathetic and disgusting... Don't like the comments, there here is an idea for ya... Don't read them

Let me also add that if Disney gave us anything to be positive about, attitudes and feelings may be different... But, well, they don't...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I never thought that... Quite the contrary, it will; just wait...
    Yea, next they will charge you for using the bathroom... Wait, what was that sound??? ohh a bean counter's head exploded because they didn't think of that first...

2013: The Year of Mo Money..... Come join us as we celebrate taking more money out of your pockets while offering you less and less for your dollar...

Meg just called me.. she LOVES the idea...

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies. I guess I am a little miffed that my last trip wasnt what I thought it should be... and I just feel like I got ripped off. Maybe my next trip will be better... but DW and I will have to have a long talk about renewing our AP's. And to you holier than thou yuckity yucks, please accept my apology
    I am addicted!
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies. I guess I am a little miffed that my last trip wasnt what I thought it should be... and I just feel like I got ripped off. Maybe my next trip will be better... but DW and I will have to have a long talk about renewing our AP's. And to you holier than thou yuckity yucks, please accept my apology
    LOL... feel ripped off all you want... WDW is now in the business of ripping off guests... If I were to give proof, more heads would explode... Cause then they too would realize they were ripped off by WDW, and they can't have that cause Disney would never rip off their guests... They care too much about guest experience and not their bottom line (or their own pockets, expensive cars, huge homes, bonuses more than an American worker takes home in a year)...

Post Thanks / Like

You need to post a trip report. I like hearing the good, better, best and even the bad and the ugly. And, you may feel better venting.

And, back on topic .... with all the "celebrating" everything that Disney has been doing for the last 5 (?) + years (I mean, how many years did the "year" of a million dreams last?), I cannot believe they are essentially sweeping a big anniversary under the rug.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: