Quantcast Pros and Cons of Beach Club Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pros and Cons of Beach Club Resort

We are just booking our reservations for our August vacation and are considering the Beach Club next to Epcot. We would appreciate any comments on the good and bad of this resort.
    Thanks for your help.
    ALL STAR SPORTS 2004
    POFQ 2006
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2007!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - March, 2009
    Next visit - August, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at Beach Club Villas a few weeks ago and greatly enjoyed our visit.

Pros:
    Great pool - the best on property
    Proximity to Epcot and Disney Studios
    The number of dining options in the area between Beach Club, Boardwalk, the Swan, the Dolphin and all the different dining options in Epcot.

Cons:
    It's not close to the Magic Kingdom.

That's really the only con that comes to mind at the moment.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We're booked there for our November trip--I cannot wait to be that close to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival!

I agree with Faline--the pool, the dining, the location--all are pros.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing.

Love the Beach Club!!!

Being realistic though, a con would be limited "quick service" type dining options, especially at breakfast time. Otherwise, the resort is excellent especially for a warm weather vacation. The pool is AMAZING!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

to everything above. A possible con is the rooms feel a little spread out. I felt like I was walking down hallways forever to get to our room. But that's a minor issue. Overall it's a very enjoyable place.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We've only stayed at BC once and we enjoyed everything about the resort. I actually can't think of any cons. I often hear folks complain that the buses to MK and AK are slow and crowded, and that their rooms felt very far from the lobby/pool. We must have been extremely lucky because our room wasn't far from anything, and we never had any issues with the buses.

So I'll agree with those who say there are no cons! Enjoy your trip!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Pros:
    Great pool - the best on property
    Proximity to Epcot and Disney Studios
    The number of dining options in the area between Beach Club, Boardwalk, the Swan, the Dolphin and all the different dining options in Epcot.

Cons:
    It's not close to the Magic Kingdom.
    Agree completely - and price is a con for us too - but it is our favorite resort.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

pro:

best pool
    nightly movies on the beach
    s'mores on the beach
    walk to the boardwalk for nighttime entertainment for the kids (magic, jugglers, etc)
    walk into world showcase for your favorite food or drink
    walk to epcot and hollywood studios

con:

counter service is lacking
    villas face the woods...not much to look at but you can see the fireworks from illuminations

beach is easily my favorite resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I know everyone loves the Beach Club, but I didn't.

We stayed there for my honeymoon and it was really REALLY loud. Every morning we were up at 6 because of all the noise. It was hard to enjoy ourselves with the ammenities the resort has to offer because we were so tired. Halfway through the trip we switched to the Caribbean Beach and it was extremely quiet, such a drastic change.

Post Thanks / Like

BC is an awesome resort. I'm not sure I even see breakfast options or counter service as a con there. We always find plenty to choose from and eat at the Marketplace at BC. They have breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, and many other good choices.

During the day and evening, there's Beaches n Cream!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by figment502 View Post

We stayed there for my honeymoon and it was really REALLY loud. Every morning we were up at 6 because of all the noise. It was hard to enjoy ourselves with the ammenities the resort has to offer because we were so tired. Halfway through the trip we switched to the Caribbean Beach and it was extremely quiet, such a drastic change.
    What do you mean by "loud". What, specifically, was causing the noise? I am quite confused by this experience, since I've found BC to be among the quietest resorts on WDW property. I'm just curious as to what may have contributed to your experience.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. Kids everywhere. There are always kids at Disney, but this seemed to be the place where they were always around, all over the place, and always loud kids. Probably the least romantic resort on property for me. We stayed there for a romantic weekend. Also, we did not love the lobby, theme, or rooms. The biggest downside to me was the quick service location in the gift shop. It made it awkward to use the quick service (and I usually enjoy quick service at my resort) and awkward to shop for gifts (and I usually enjoy shopping at gift shops). And we didn't spend nearly enough time at the Magic Kingdom, for us.

But, on the plus side, it's a great location. Great location. We did spend lots of time at World Showcase and really enjoyed the proximity during the F & W festival. I would try Yacht Club or Boardwalk in the future, but I really prefer the MK monorail resorts.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Folks

We just booked the Beach Club for our August vacation. Thanks to all who responded. We appreciate all your comments.
    ALL STAR SPORTS 2004
    POFQ 2006
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2007!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - March, 2009
    Next visit - August, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queen bee View Post
    We just booked the Beach Club for our August vacation. Thanks to all who responded. We appreciate all your comments.
    Be sure to post your review!

And I have to admit, I'm jealous of you. If there's any place on earth I enjoy as much as WDW, it's PEI. Just don't get to go there enough.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the beach club when Ali was about 8 years old - so maybe 11 years ago? The club level lounge was smaller than I would have liked, but other than that, it was a nice room, etc and the Ali and her best friend who went with her that year LOVED the pool/slide.

I am going to try the yacht club this next time, so I will be able to give an opinion of BC VS YC when I get back (getting back the middle of Aug).
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

The Beach Club is one of my favorite resorts on property. The only con that I can think of is possible room location (as others have mentioned). Last time we stayed there, about 6 years ago, we were in a room very close to the EPCOT World Showcase entrance, which was great! However, it was a very far walk from the lobby. It felt like a 10 minute walk, but I'm sure it was a bit less than that. Regardless, we had a great view of the water and we took it as an opportunity to burn off some calories. It just felt like a long way away from the central area of the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people might find the the Beach Club Resort is not exotic in its theming. People who are from the Atlantic Seaboard might not be wowed by this resort. Is it lovely and luxurious? Yes, but staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Wilderness Lodge might have a deeper appeal if you are looking for 'other.'

It is very close to EPCOT's back door which is great. This is a great location for familes because of the pool. Adults would like it because of its proximity to great restaurants and Jellyrolls! At the end of the night, your room is just a stumble away.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Even though you have already booked Beach Club, let me add my thoughts. It is a beautiful resort and we actually found it very relaxing. The pool area is the best at WDW. Epcot is our favorite park and a very short stroll to the gates. It is especially nice on longer stays if you have the park hopper option, because you can take that short walk and enjoy the best food at WDW in world showcase. If there is a con it was the bus service is sometimes very crowded, especially when you are sharing a bus with the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs, and the Boardwalk. But we always managed and would not hesitate to book the Beach club again! Enjoy your stay and look forward to your review in the Trips section.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BC for the first time our last trip - and loved it! It's bright and sunny feeling, the pool wonderful, and the best of all ... so close to Epcot! We booked again, this time for F&W because of the location. It was a 7 minute walk to our room last time, should be nice if we "enjoy" our first visit for the Food and Wine Fest a little too much The quick service is small but had some nice choices, fruit, salads, sandwiches. All good. We didn't have a noise problem, rooms aren't huge but comfortable, and we could see some of Illuminations from our balcony. Getting away from Michigan winter the decor was a nice change for us.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    What do you mean by "loud". What, specifically, was causing the noise? I am quite confused by this experience, since I've found BC to be among the quietest resorts on WDW property. I'm just curious as to what may have contributed to your experience.

It seemed like everyone in the hotel was up at 6 AM. Mousekkeeping was knocking on our door, along with our neighbors, at 6 in the morning. This happened every morning. I have been to Disney many times and have never had this experience before, but unfortuantly this happened the ONLY time I have ever stayed in a deluxe resort.

It also seemed like too much of a "hotel" for me. It just seemed to echo noise through the inside from the usual wokings of a hotel....just wasn't a great experience for us and we were glad to switch resorts.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: