Quantcast Best and Worst Airlines - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite, Southwest Airlines

Least favorite, anything else

Non stop prices Chicago to Orlando can't be beat. No baggage fees (2 free bags/person I think? We travel light.). With a 2 1/2 hour flight we can stay occupied with the iPods, iPads, good old fashion book, conversations and a cat nap. Download a movie on an iPad or bring along a portable DVD player (do they still make them) and there ya go! Did I mention a variety of snacks is fun!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    My favorite is the one that will fly me direct to Orlando at the lowest price I can find.
    i know right? direct flights are becoming harder to find..
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

gotta agree with the direct thing.

both JetBlue and Southwest take me directly, so those are my picks. JetBlue by far though is my favorite. Newer jets, free in flight entertainment, and always on time. JetBlue rocks!

Least favorite airline is American. BOO!
    Every time I have flown with them I have ended up stranded in a city I wasn't trying to get to and lost countless hours of vacation or rest time. I refuse to fly with them ever. How unfortunate for this proud American to say...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

JetBlue is by far my favorite. When I fly with them it is common for the flights to arrive early or right on time. They did lose my bag once but they recovered it, gave me a gift card and delivered the bag to my door the next morning.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

For me, most everything is at least one stop. I have flown Delta a lot for work so the loyality gets me a free bag.

For those of you who love Southwest, how do you deal with not knowing your seat assignment? The cattle call "ABC" would drive me crazy. That is one more stress I don't need, trying to keep the family seated in the same area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    For those of you who love Southwest, how do you deal with not knowing your seat assignment? The cattle call "ABC" would drive me crazy. That is one more stress I don't need, trying to keep the family seated in the same area.
    Amen. I've flown on them a few times simply because their prices have been lower than others, PLUS free bags. But if I could fly with someone else for a similar price and get to pick my seats, I would. I'll probably be going SW again since I have some vouchers. Money talks.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

JetBlue hands down!!

We love the TV's, the friendly flight staff and the customer service. Also, every time I have flown on JetBlue (always direct to Orlando) we have landed earlier then the expected time.

Last December we landed 35 minutes early! It doesn't get any better then that!

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

It actually doesn't bother me at all. Airports are crowded, and there is always the gaggle of peoplem who feel the need to hover around the gate despite being in a rear row, etc. I just make sure I check in right at the 24 hour mark, and if I don't think I will have that opportunity I pay the extra $10 to have a preassigned boarding #. I have never had an issue with getting seats together, always am able to grab an aisle or window seat.

As someone else said, it's all about the $$ sometimes, and if I can save the extra expense of a higher fair and paid bags to spend while I'm on vacation, I'm cool with all else.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    JetBlue hands down!!

We love the TV's, the friendly flight staff and the customer service. Also, every time I have flown on JetBlue (always direct to Orlando) we have landed earlier then the expected time.

Last December we landed 35 minutes early! It doesn't get any better then that!

Jay
    I noticed that WDW is packaging with JetBlue now, and I have always heard good reviews so I may check it out. Problem is, money wise, it is still cheaper for me to book Southwest independently of my WDW package. I wonder how JetBlue fares compare...
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for jetblue. we used them for the first time last year. comfy seats, newer planes, in-chair tvs on every seat! my 3 & 1 year old girls were completely entertained and quiet the entire flight! the staff was very friendly & we arrived almost 20 minutes early! we've already booked with them again for our upcoming october trip!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Seating on SW is definitely different, but once you understand how the process works, it's really not a problem. Just make sure you check in 24 hours in advance, or use the Early Bird option, and you'll have no problem getting a good seat on the flight. Calling people for "A", "B", or "C" boarding isn't much different from the "Zone" boarding many of the airlines do.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: