Quantcast Orlando Sanford International Airport

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orlando Sanford International Airport

Anyone ever flown in to sfb? Any tips or information?
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by disneyduggan View Post
    Anyone ever flown in to sfb? Any tips or information?
    I have flown in to Orlando a few times. What were you looking for in particular?

Were you looking to find where you would catch Magical Express?

Most things in the airport are well marked so getting lost is hard to do. I have also gone to the airport web site to see where the various gates are located in relation to the main terminal. The gates are in an X configuration in relation to the terminal.

Hope this helps a little...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

TO Itchy.....Disneyduggan wants info for SFB you are giving them the layout for MCO,, I never flew into Sanford,, Sorry
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by paulsheri View Post
    TO Itchy.....Disneyduggan wants info for SFB you are giving them the layout for MCO,, I never flew into Sanford,, Sorry
    Oh! Am I red faced..

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I guess I did not read well enough..
    Itchy for another trip

All St Sports 2006
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Orlando many times...but, have never flown into this airport.

I know it is farther away from WDW and other attractions.

I know there is no Magical Express.

Just wondering if people had tips relating to the actual airport, distance to international drive, ease of getting around...
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Well let me try again..

I have never flown there myself, but I just looked at the Sanford International web site and they have a link which has an Orlando area map. I see that you can get on Hwy 417 and it will take you to Disney and International Dr. It looks like it will be about 26 miles to International Dr and I-4 area.

Again hope this helps and sorry for the confusion...
    Itchy for another trip

All St Sports 2006
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice that link...I'll check it out. We are saving so much money by flying in there!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little further away than Orlando International and your transportation options will cost you more because you don't have the option of using Magical Express, you'll either need to rent a car or use a transportion service. You might consider Quicksilver who is an Intercot sponsor!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked a flight into Sanford, because I could not only save a lot of $$$, I can get a direct flight! I have flown into Sanford 1 other time a few years ago. Like previous posters said, there is no ME from Sanford. You have to figure in the cost of transportation to your resort. For both trips, I have found that the most cost effective route is to rent a car for 1 day at the airport, then return at the WDW Car Care center. Then reverse this to get back to the airport. This also gives you the opportunity to make your own stop for groceries and supplies en route to Disney. Hope this helps. I miss flying into MCO and the convenience of ME, but the lower cost and direct flight make it more than worth it to me.
    95 - All Star Sports
    97 - Dixie Landings
    99 & 02 - WL
    04 - Poly/Disney Wonder
    04 - All Star Movies
    05 - DL Paris
    05 - WLV,1st trip as DVC Member
    06-VWL
    07 - BCV & SSR
    08 - AKL/ Wonder
    09 - BCV
    10 - BCV, SSR
    11 - Disney Drea,
    12 - HHI & BLT

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never flown into or out of Sanford, but I did take a brother and law there to catch a flight. It's is very small compared to Orlando so it's easy to get around it. I stayed with him for a bit and it seemed at times like we were the only people there.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

I have done this twice in the past 5 months. it is a very small airport. allegiant is the only carrier that is not an international carrier. no lines, easy navigation. it takes 45 min to an hour to drive to Disney. this last time we took the toll road and I was surprised at how many toll stops there are. costs about 7 dollars. But there was no traffic and an easy ride.
    Even with renting a car for several days, we save hundreds of dollars flying into Sanford.
    I miss Mco, the tram there and ME, but if I get the chance to go, ..........

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the awesome information!

Post Thanks / Like

Flew into Sanford for years, as we could get non-stop from Roanoke, VA to Sanford for as little as $29 per person each way. Soooo much cheaper than MCO, and so much easier to get in and out of. Yes, it's a bit of a drive, but if you just head over to I-4 and drive through Orlando, you'll miss the tolls.

When we do this, we always rent a car. We save more than enough to pay for it, plus we just love having a car at WDW. Then we can hit WalMart for supplies (so we don't have to pack them), we hit the outlet malls on the way down (there are two outlet malls with Disney outlets in them....park merchandise on clearance!), etc, etc.

Honestly, because of how long it takes to check in and get through security at MCO when you're leaving, I think that driving the extra 45 minutes to Sanford, and then checking in there, is still faster than flying out of MCO. And it's cheaper.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: