Quantcast need another restaurant...opinions please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need another restaurant...opinions please!

Hey mousketeers...I have one more table service restaurant and I'm stuck on which to choose...opinions?

I so far have :

Le Cellier
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Narcoosee's
    Biergarten

I need to choose one more and I've narrowed them down to:
    Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Rose & Crown
    Tony's Town Square
    Coral Reef
    O'hana
    Rainforest Cafe

Which would you choose out of those six?
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You've listed six, so I think you mean which would you choose out of the six? Of your list, I would choose 'Ohana, not because it has the best food (it doesn't- food is up and down here for us) but because of the atmosphere. It feels like a uniquely Disney sort of experience and I love the Polynesian resort. My second choice would be Rose and Crown, again more for the atmosphere than the food.

Of the six on your list, I would eliminate Rainforest Cafe and Tony's Town Square, because Tony's is mediocre, nothing special as far as reviews go, and Rainforest is a chain, not a uniquely Disney sort of place for us. Plus, the food isn't great for what you're paying.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....yes, I meant 6. I forgot to add 2 others so I edited my last post but forgot to change that part.

Thanks for your input! I have never eaten at O'hana, but have always heard good things about it. And I'm all about unique Disney experiences.

Having said that, I'm also open to any other suggestions anyone may have on a restaurant that I didn't list as one of my 6. I'm bringing a first timer to the world this year, so I wanna make it extra special for her.

Post Thanks / Like

I know most people here will say O'Hana.

I prefer Coral Reef. Foodwise I think Coral Reef is better and I enjoy looking at the huge aquarium while I eat. Coral Reef is a little more subdued than O' Hana. After spending all day at the parks I look forward to a nice quiet meal.

That being said... O'Hana is really a unique experience. I don't think there is any other place in the world where you eat large amounts of meat off skewers while children race coconuts around the room.

Everyone should try O'Hana at least once. Once was enough for me. I don't regret eating there. It wasn't my style.

For me Rainforest Cafe was nice and my boys really loved it. Since there are Rainforest Cafes in other locations in the States it would not be my first pick.

I have not eaten at any of the other places on your list of choices.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking for a fun dining experience try Whispering Canyon. The food isn't fancy but you will have fun.

Make sure you order a large drink and be sure to need ketchup sometime during the meal.

And don't let them seat you back in the alcove.
    Over 60 visits since 1971

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

I remember eating at the Whispering Canyon Cafe the first year the Wilderness Lodge opened. My family and I stayed there that year. But I was a child then, and I dont really remember much about it. Coral Reef always sounds so fun, too...but I don't think my traveling partner enjoy seafood too much, so I'm not sure about that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef or Rose and Crown, based on your menu preferences. We hit each of these on every trip!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I would say 'Ohana, it is one of our family traditions while at Disney. Last time after dinner, we watched the fireworks from the Poly beach and then rode the ferry back to Magic Kingdom. We go so close to the water parade, our ferry had to stop as it passed us by. So quiet and calm out the lagoon with the lights reflecting off the water...loved it! One of my best Disney memories! (but now that I think about it, you don't need to dine at 'Ohana do see the fireworks or ride the ferry) - but it is so good!

Rainforest is going to be very loud - and not uniquely Disney.

I have been to Coral Reef once in 2006 and it was ok... but never really felt the need to return, but we aren't big seafood eaters -

I have only dined at Whispering Canyon during lunch and they do not have the antics at lunchtime. I think this would be a pretty loud dining experience at dinner - but I think that is what draws people, too.

Rose and Crown was all right on our last visit, but I would choose 'Ohana over it.

Tony's gets sooooo many mixed reviews that we have never been there.

Other ideas you may want to consider, Teppan Edo, Grand Floridian Cafe....

Good luck! I wish I needed to make those kinds of decisions....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Picking purely from the restaurant choices, I'd pick Whispering Canyon, and then Ohana as my second choice.

The final decision would be made on where I'd be coming from. If I was at MK, I'd consider Ohana because it's easy to get to, though you could always take the boat to WL too!

Good list, hard to make a wrong choice really.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt I'd pick Ohana. It's a must do for my family. A trip to WDW would not be complete without it, and I'm pretty sure we've eaten there on every one of our trips.

A few years ago we booked a last minute trip for my husband's two week leave from Iraq. His only rule was if we couldn't get Ohana then we couldn't go to Disney! I was only able to get an ADR at 9:30. DH said it best "late Ohana's is better than no Ohana's".
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last trip and really enjoyed Whispering canyon, but it was also very convienient. Good food, good fun, brightly lit, somewhat loud, family restaurant.

Ohana was good, we would go there again but not go running back

We ate at Coral Reef last trip. My kids really liked it, but that is more for the atmosphere than the food. I found the food was ok, nothing great. Although, we ate there many many years ago and thought it was absolutely great back then so seems lots have changed over the years.

We really all enjoyed Teppen Edo, food, atmosphere, service were all very good.

We thought Artist Point at the WL was excellent, but that is a signature restaurant so you pay premium prices for the experience.

Another we really liked was Les Chefs de France, that was 2 trips and a few years ago but I do remember thoroughly enjoying it there.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Were you using the dining plan or out of pocket.

If you were doing the dining plan that would mean that two of your choices would be signature dining and take two credits. Le Cellier and O'hana.

As far as Ohana, I ate there once with my daughter, she loved it and I was not blown away. Once was enough for me.

Have you tried Raglan Rd at DTD. It is a must for us each trip. In the evening they have live entertainment ( Irish of course ).

We will be there again in May and Sept of this year.

Like Crown & Rose and Prime time 50's, as well as Coral Reef.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Of the six, I'd chose Rose & Crown and 'Ohana. You don't have any character meals on your list. If you were to add one, I would add Garden Grill.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with WCC or Coral Reef.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    Were you using the dining plan or out of pocket.

If you were doing the dining plan that would mean that two of your choices would be signature dining and take two credits. Le Cellier and O'hana.

As far as Ohana, I ate there once with my daughter, she loved it and I was not blown away. Once was enough for me.

Have you tried Raglan Rd at DTD. It is a must for us each trip. In the evening they have live entertainment ( Irish of course ).

We will be there again in May and Sept of this year.

Like Crown & Rose and Prime time 50's, as well as Coral Reef.

Hope this helps...

according to ddp ohana is only one credit
    BLT 10'

Contemporary
    Sept 12'

Post Thanks / Like

never ate at Ohanas..thought about trying it
    WCC ive eaten at a few times...the skillet is all you can eat family style and its in WL..those are t good points. otherwise i wouldnt eat there again
    Coral Reef was ok, the aquarium is a good point
    Tonys in MK i tried once, wasnt impressed
    Rose and Crown isnt too bad and its in Epcot.
    Rainforest..eh. ate there a while ago
    so Id go with Rose and Crown or Coral Reef mainly because i like Epcot
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I don't like about Ohanas is it is all about the meat! We don't eat a lot of meat -the sides and dessert are more interesting to me (and I don't like Ohanas dessert).

My choice would be California Grill.

Have fun deciding!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I would pick Tony's or O'hana. these seem to be more uniquely disney experiences. Never eaten at tony's but we have eaten at O'hana. I enjoyed it, DW didn't, DD8 and DD4 didn't eat and were tired so I blame that for clouding our experience. I would go back and give it another shot if only to have dessert again, yummy! We have thought about tony's ourselves several times, I just think there something great about eating at the same restaurant as "lady and the tramp" I know there really isn't anything special about it but its something different, plus we are big "lady and the tramp" fans.

have eaten at Coral reef and would never consider it again, unless you just go to watch the aquarium, that was fantastic. again I enjoyed the meal, and the lava cake, but no one else did, not even a little.

Rainforest cafe is so generic that I think you could find it in any town, in any state not just disney world, and wouldn't bother unless you walked up and paid OOP, wouldnt "waste" a ADR or DDP credit on it.
    Rose and crown basically describes most restaurants in our neck of the woods that its an obvious no go, now if irish/british pubs are not common where you live then maybe its worth a try, but to me I could find that place in my own backyard. no experience with

Post Thanks / Like

didn't read about a non-list place.....

somewhere not on your list that we love, the grand floridian cafe for dinner, and kona cafe for dinner, both are amazing, probably not overly disney though I guess.......also love les chefs de france, again, ate here during illuminations and thought it was great, decent view of the show if you're near the windows in front. I guess the disney experience that can't be beat would be dinner at the california grill and then watching wishes.......ahhhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Whispering Canyon Cafe Good food and FUN!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: