Quantcast First "bad" experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First "bad" experience

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Disney actually lost some of its magic this trip
    I think it was a combination of things. First, we stayed at All Star Sports during cheer and dance week. That was horrible. Cheers at 7 am, screaming outside our door at 1am, overcrowded dining area. But it really started on arrival. We arrived at 5, only to be told our room wasn't ready, and to go have dinner (in the loud overcrowded food court) and they'd page us when it was ready. Well, 2 hours later, no page, so we go back to desk. Oops, they FORGOT. Got to our room, and a huge area of the carpet was SOAKED. We couldnt put anything in that area for a couple of days. We try not to complain, so let it go, and were tired after a 12 hr drive and just wanted sleep. Our air was not predictable. The thermostat had to be broken, as it was hot, cold, hot, cold.We were by some kind of electrical box and about 2 am every night a maintenance guy would come do something to it with his orange cart lights flashing in our window, even with the curtain closed it woke us all up. Then, the last 3 nights, the bugs appeared. Yes, spiders and what looked like a big roach in the bathroom. The best I could determine they were coming from the drain vent in the floor. I thought maybe I was half asleep and dreamed it, but hubby saw one too. They were always out of food in the food court, and we usually waited at least 30 minutes for quick service. We were yelled at, yes, yelled at, by a Disney employee for not following rules. (It was at AK, on the Rafiki side, because we went in the "soundbooth" before he told us we could...he told me I was gonna do it all wrong if I didnt listen to him....sheesh....there was no line...you put on the headphones...and hit the big START button...lol) Finally, we never got our checkout info...well past checkout time, and had to go ask for it. I know it all sounds petty, and we really did try to be nice about it all, but dang, that was a ROUGH trip. DH and I are going back for an adults only trip in December to WL, hoping that will be a completely different experience! Aside from all the gliches, we did manage to have fun in the parks, and the weather was gorgeous!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not petty if it bothers you. If I were you, I'd feel comfortable emailing an AS manager (addresses can be found online) to make him/her aware of the situation. Don't complain, simply let them know about things.

I firmly believe that professionals in those positions appreciate knowing how they can become better...if not, I'm saddened.

Hope your next trip is filled with pixi dust
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Sports last week. I feel your pain. Glad that you were able to enjoy the parks though.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I wouldn't have gotten past the soaked carpet without asking to be moved to another room. Sorry you were disappointed with your trip.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't have gotten past the soaked carpet without asking to be moved to another room. Sorry you were disappointed with your trip.
    Yeah, I'm with you. I don't like to complain either, but that's a potential health hazard and major inconvenience. You shouldn't have had to put up with that. Though I understand that sometimes you just want to relax and let it go. But wow, doesn't sound like a relaxing trip overall. Really sorry. I would write in about it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you. I don't like to complain either, but that's a potential health hazard and major inconvenience. You shouldn't have had to put up with that. Though I understand that sometimes you just want to relax and let it go. But wow, doesn't sound like a relaxing trip overall. Really sorry. I would write in about it.
    Agree, and agree! So sorry you had a bad experience!!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad experience

Last fall we had a bad experience at OKW resort. I wrote a letter to the CEO of the DVC and outlined all the things that went wrong (a dirty, damaged room).
    They need to be informed. Your complaint isn't petty. Wet carpet and roaches; I would have been out of there in a flash.
    I think it all comes down to poor training and cutbacks.
    I know the All Star resorts are for "teams" but there should be some control. These teams seem to run wild with no respect for other guests.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your room. The one time there was something wrong with ours (heavy smokers had been there) we went back to main desk and spoke to them. I know we didn't want to but we were really glad when we did. We couldn't have stayed in that room for 9 days with the smell. They moved us to another room, don't be afraid to speak up.

I feel your pain with the cheerleaders. We were at Sports and they were there. We've never stayed there since.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Sorry for all the troubles you had this trip. And spiders!?!?! AHHH I would have left the room and never came back
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

*hugs*
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Weird, I had this same problem a few years ago at All Star Music..

Short story: I checked in 1:00 am to soaked carpet and an unmade bed - I had to change my own sheets an hour later when someone finally brought me new ones.. and after getting to bed at 3:00, I was woken up at 3:30 with bed rails that were for another room.

Worst night at Disney. Ever.

But, I'm happy to say I complained the next morning and was moved to Pop Century (the cheerleaders had Music booked) and I had a fantastic rest of my vacation. Also got my money back for the bad night.

Don't give up! I've never had a bad trip since.. Wilderness Lodge was perfect on my last vacation.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with your room. It sounded so un-Disney! But like you said, at least you still had a good time in the parks. Hopefully you can put this one behind you, and restore the magic at WL!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports